Crowds and Best Time To Visit - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Crowds and Best Time To Visit

We've gone in January 5 times now, and swear by it. Just be sure to avoid Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend. (Three-day weekends bring out the numbers.) Crowds are very light this time of year, even during the WDW Marathon weekend. The weather is very, very comfortable. Avoid April by all means; it's the rainy season and we were constantly caught in downpours.

Hi, I've been on ending January and start of November and was awesome time! We could get to ride again the attractions with like 10 minutes line waiting, it was awesome.
    Although there was more cold weather on January than on November, so, we did not enjoy the water parks, but still we had a great time....

I've been going every year the first two weeks of November and it's been working for me and family. Not to hot either.

We've decided to move our trip next year up 3 weeks to take advantage of the Free DDP and it also happens to be, historically, one of the very lowest crowd levels of the year. And a little hotter, but not by much.

This trip we are going the week after Thanksgiving. The Saturday we arrive will probably be very crowded but it should empty out after that.

In the past we have been for Thanksgiving and it was crowded but fun, we weren't so focused on rides, mostly just the entire expierance of Disney, it was fun.

We also have been in the beginning of Feb. the crowds were non-existant, we could walk on just about every ride. However the weather was much cooler, we had to buy sweatshirts, and we only brought two pairs of jeans with us so we had to re-wear them.
    Love & Pixie Dust
    Patty

We're arriving Oct. 31 for a week. Hopefully the crowds won't be too bad after Halloween. I think it will slow down after Monday... What do you experts think?

Over the past several years it seems like the crowd levels have gone up during the time we like to go. (mid October) But this next trip we will be taking the trip in Late September (09/24 to 10/03) to take adavantage of the Free DDP. My question is, does the Free DDP make the crowd levels go up? I don't want it to be even more crowded than it has been in the past.

We were there a few years back over memorial da weekend and I found it to be one of the best times. There were no lines at all. The weather was perfect!
    We are going over labor day, so I am looking forward to see how that is this year.
    I also go every year the first week of dec and that is a fantastic time to go crowd wise, but the past two years have actually had some very cold days.
    Dreams Come True...

We have gone in May, January, November/December. By far we found the crowd levels in January (around the 13-28) the best time to go. We love, love the November/December time, because of the decorations, but found it to be a bit more crowded than we were expecting. May was our least favorite time (towards the end), and that was mainly due to the heat. The crowds were not light, but not heavy either. I can't maneuver through the parks in extreme heat.

My DH and I have decided to stick to cooler months. We are going back from 11/30-12/6 this year and probably after this trip we will not return until January 2011.

hi

planning a trip could do with some advice!

The times we can go is dec or easter time whats the best time? also wanna go to water parks but doesnt show on the site when they re open??? is it warm eeaster ??

Quote Originally Posted by *** Jo *** View Post
    hi

planning a trip could do with some advice!

The times we can go is dec or easter time whats the best time? also wanna go to water parks but doesnt show on the site when they re open??? is it warm eeaster ??
    Hi,
    Yay... a trip! Dec is a great time to go, but if you would like to do the waterparks, I don't recccomend it! The weather is hit or miss! For the past three years we have only had one or two days of good weather where we actually wore shorts. A lot of the time we found ourselves in sweatshirts and a couple of nights hats and coats. Easter is tough, it can be VERY crowded, but it is far warmer and ALL of the parks are open and ready to rock! The water parks are almost as crowded as the theme parks.
    Good luck in your planning and I hope you get what you want!
    Dreams Come True...

Thank u well ive now spoken to my freind and got her dates when shes not working and looks like we will going on ....

19-Jun-10 till 03-Jul-10

is this going to be ok to go then, think this is the only time we will be able to go?

I usually go to WDW mid November, before Thanksgiving. However
    I went Jan 2009 and it was unbelievably crowded! If one didn't get a Fast Pass by Noon, you weren't going to get on the attraction unless you stood in line for at least 1 hour. They had thousands from Brazil visiting as well as thousands from Cheerleading/Dance organizations....
    I'm back to my November visits,
    Ruthie
    Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children"

I BOOKED OUR TRIP FOR SEPTEMBER 25TH THRU OCTOBER 2, 2010. WE EVEN ADDED AN EXTRA DAY. WE ARE HOPEFUL THAT THE CROWDS WILL BE MINIMAL AND FREE DINING PLAN WILL BE OFFERED. THE MOST IMPORTANT IS THE CROWDS. I THINK ALL THE SCHOOLS SHOULD BE IN SESSION, SO THAT SHOULD LET UP ON THE CROWDS. HOPEFULLY WE WILL BE HURRICANE FREE THIS YEAR TOO. MAYBE THIS YEAR WE WILL ALL BE BLESSED WITH AN EXCELLENT YEAR.
    1994-1998 Off Site, 2008 Pop Century

50th Birthday Celebration 2010

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the site and am planning our first trip ever to WDW. While we are pretty sure we want to go in Sept. 2011. We are still trying to get as much information as possiable.

Any way I read on some messages about 'free DDP' and was wondering what that was I had never heard of it before.

Thanks,
    DJ

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast