Crowds and Best Time To Visit - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Crowds and Best Time To Visit

Quote Originally Posted by DJWalker View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Any way I read on some messages about 'free DDP' and was wondering what that was I had never heard of it before.

Thanks,
    DJ
    DDP stands for Disney Dining Plan.
    The Free plan is offered at certain times of the year. Otherwise you can add it at your own cost.
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DJWalker View Post
    ...I read on some messages about 'free DDP' and was wondering what that was...
    The Free DDP is a promotion that Disney has run for the past few years allowing you to add the Disney Dining Plan to your package for free. This can either save you a lot or a little. If it is only going to save you a smaller amount then you should probably look at going with another promotion that Disney may have. It saved us over $1400 this year with the places we wanted to eat. In previous years it has saved us as much as $1000.

I went in late July this year. Surprisingly, the crowds weren't all that bad. The ride we had to wait the longest for was, unsurprisingly, Toy Story Midway mania.
    Past Trips to WDW:
    October, 2002
    November, 2005
    February, 2009
    July-August, 2010

For me, the best time to go by far is the first 2 weeks of May.

i'm hoping for good weather in jan, winter can stay up north this year
    April 20-27 2008 Saratoga Springs
    Nov 30-Dec 7 2008-Pop Century
    5th wedding anniversarry
    sept 24- oct 03 2009 all star sports
    jan 1-8 2011 p.o.r, sept 22-30 p.o.r
    Counting down to Sept 20 2013- Cabins at Fort Wilderness
    D23 charter year member

We usually go down sometime between the day after Thanksgiving until 2 weeks before Christmas. Have never had to wait in any long lines,we even rode Rockin' Roller Coaster 5 times in less than 20 minutes. The entire World is decorated for Christmas and gets you in the mood for the Holidays.
    Kimberly Moore

we have been the first week of October....a little crowded...i guess it was Australias Spring Break?!

we have been first week of May...it was PERFECT...short lines....we got to ride the Tea Cups TWO times in a row....BY OURSELVES...noone else in line!!!

This year we are going the last week of April....suppose to also be a good time of year to go! LETS KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED! anyone else been the end of April!?! If so, how were the lines?!?

LOL @ Australia's Spring Break! I guess there's always a holiday going on somewhere in the world!

We've been to WDW during the last few days of September and the first week (and a bit) of October and found it the quietest we've ever seen it.

We also regularly go at the end of April (usually around 27-30th) for 2 weeks and find that pretty quiet in comparison to peak periods although there are still lines for most rides.

We don't usually struggle to get on rides though - Fastpass and well timed visits (we may go back on another day just to do a big ride first thing) means we get to do everything without too much waiting in line.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Both times I have been to Disney were in August. And I mean it this time, never again! I said it after the first time but ended up going again this last August. For some reason, it seems hotter then 4 years ago. The crowds were horrible too. Next trip, we're aiming for the fisr week of December. I love Christmas and Disney. So why nor put them together? lol
    Sent from my magical iPad
    Wilderness Lodge August 2006
    All-Star Movies August 2010
    All-Star Movies December 2012

Thanks for the answer about the free DDP. I thought it was the dining plan but wasn't 100% sure. Thought better to ask then assume.

There will be 4 of us going to WDW and two of them are teenagers who seem to never fill up so I will most deff look into the plan.

thanks for all the info

DJ

best time to go...

What is everyones opinion on the best time to go to disney world? As far as lowest crowds?
    Animal Kingdom Lodge September, 2001
    Animal Kingdom Lodge August, 2009
    Carribean Beach Resort October, 2011

Elgin, IL (a suburb about 40 miles outside Chicago)
    I personally love Christmas time at Disney. So many special things to see and do during this time. Depending on how close to Christmas you go, the closer to the holiday the busier it is.
    ** If you can DREAM it, you can DO it. - Walt Disney **

End of January has the lowest crowds.
    -HannahLeigh

As we have a long-running thread on the same subject, I have merged the two threads together.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I would visit the 1st week in June. This is when the crowds are not too bad and you don't have to take kids out of school (at least in TX).

2015-Beach Club, 2013-Old Key West & Vero Beach, 2011- Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village, 2009- Boardwalk, 2007- Saratoga Springs, 2006- Hilton Head, 2006- School Trip, 2004- Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness, 2003-Disneyland, 2001- Boardwalk, 2001- Vero Beach, 2000-Dixie Landings (Join DVC) 2000- Vero Beach, 1997- Dixie Landings

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast