Worried about cholesterol

Worried about cholesterol

Are there any low cholesterol food item choices in Disney. I have decided to go to low cholesterol foods in order to get healthy. I visited and posted on www.cholesterolforums.com, but they aren't all that familiar with Disney. I don't wish to eat salad every meal. KWIM????

Re: Worried about cholesterol

The only thing I can tell you is that if you tell your concerns to your waiter... he/she will point you in the right direction. My Mom is a diabetic and allergic to shell fish. We told our waiter at every meal and typically the chef would come out to let you know what to stay away from or what would be a safe choice. It was awesome! Good luck to you on your journey to being healthy!!

5/2001- All Star Music
    9/2006- All Star Sports MNSSHP
    8/2007- POR FQ- Magical Gathering
    9/2008- Polynesian 9/26-10/1 MNSSHP
    8/2009- Polynesian 8/30-9/7
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4
    8/2011- POR again! 8/25-9/4

Re: Worried about cholesterol

As someone who is also fighting the cholesterol battle, a big portion of it comes from not necessarily trying to pinpoint which items are low cholesterol, and just making a general effort to just eat better in general as often as you can. Just try not to go fried food every meal (I'm from the south, I have to bend the rules occasionally ).

Just keep an eye out for grilled choices, sauteed items, or broiled entrees.

Another fairly safe bet is pastas, especially ones that are just tossed in a light oil with some veggies.

Just a few thoughts, stuff you probably already knew. Hope it helps.

I know where you're coming from, and I know its tough sometimes. You're making an effort, and that's step 1. Best wishes!
    July 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside

Like a bolt out of the blue,
    Fate steps in and sees you through...

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tigger
    As someone who is also fighting the cholesterol battle, a big portion of it comes from not necessarily trying to pinpoint which items are low cholesterol, and just making a general effort to just eat better in general as often as you can. Just try not to go fried food every meal (I'm from the south, I have to bend the rules occasionally ).

Just keep an eye out for grilled choices, sauteed items, or broiled entrees.

Another fairly safe bet is pastas, especially ones that are just tossed in a light oil with some veggies.

Just a few thoughts, stuff you probably already knew. Hope it helps.

I know where you're coming from, and I know its tough sometimes. You're making an effort, and that's step 1. Best wishes!
    I agree watching out for foods that are high in cholesterol isn't easy, but definitely going for the sautéed,grilled and broiled food choices make it much easier especially if your watching out for the cholesterol. Sometimes the healthier choices taste better!!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Disney addict for life

As this thread is over 4 years old it is now being closed.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR