Do you hold on? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Do you hold on or raise your arms in the air on thrill rides?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hold on for dear life!

15 26.79%
  • Arms raised for maximum thrills!

24 42.86%
  • Depends on the ride (please explain)

17 30.36%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you hold on?

Re: Do you hold on?

On my last visit, I tried holding up my arms for Space Mountain, but I kept thinking my hands were going to hit the rails above me(!), so I just kept my hands at head-level. So I guess that would be a nervous version of holding my arms up.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Smile Re: Do you hold on?

i don't hold on for anything!!!! my hand are up!!!

although, if there is a picture being taken (splash mountain,tot,etc) i hold them up half way so the people behind me can be seen.

space mountain may look like you will hit the track above you, but you won't...i keep hands up!!!!

I can not do thrill rides, but if I could I would be hanging on for dear life. The only one I have ever done is space mountain, and not only did I hold on for dear life, but kept my eyes closed the whole time. Even had my knees wrapped around daughter, terrified we would fly right out of our seats.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

My BF is determined to get me on RNRC for the first time. If he actually succeeds, you better believe I'll be holding on!!!!
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

You have to put them up! Unless I am riding with my Son, then I I put my arms around him!

Are you kidding?! , it's totally WAY better to put your hands in the air on the rides...
    Proud to be a WDW Annual Passholder!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tigger View Post
    Completely depends.

I do my best to keep the arms up on most everything, but there are definitely certain exceptions. After all the tales of the structure of Space Mountain and how close things are packed in, I keep a good grip on things on that one. But usually like to keep loose.

As an aside, arms up on the Splash Mountain drop is GREAT!
    Me too. I raise my hands all the time but on space mountain I can touch the roof when we go through the blue tunnel in the beginning so I keep my hands down and tight on that ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice
    On my last visit, I tried holding up my arms for Space Mountain, but I kept thinking my hands were going to hit the rails above me(!), so I just kept my hands at head-level. So I guess that would be a nervous version of holding my arms up.
    I never have had my hands hit the rails. It may be dark and scary but keep in mind that they have imagineers who probally worked really hard to be sure that things like that won't happen.
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

I always up my hands up!! If I'm riding with my boys I put there's up too!!

Sent from my Magical iPhone using TalkDisney
    Kristin
    Wife to Jeffrey
    Mom to Jay & Jack

Raise my arms and scream! I love the thrill and adrinaline rush!
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

My daughter's always put her hands up on all the rides since she was 9! And she did all the big rides at each park! Last year at 11 she was a pure pro and knows where the cameras are and poses! Though was a different story when she was 5 she couldn't hold on tight enough!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

I raise my hands on all thrill rides except Tower of Terror. I feel like I am going to fly out on that ride so I hang on the whole time
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    ~ Walt Disney

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123