Who will be down during 8/29-9/4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Who will be down during 8/29-9/4

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    Please don't forget your sunscreen...and lots of it! The sun is brutal during that time of year.

(Also, note that this thread was started a year ago, so the original posters have already taken their trips.)

LOL! Sorry everyone! But look... I got to use this fun smiley for the first time!

5/2001- All Star Music
    9/2006- All Star Sports MNSSHP
    8/2007- POR FQ- Magical Gathering
    9/2008- Polynesian 9/26-10/1 MNSSHP
    8/2009- Polynesian 8/30-9/7
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4
    8/2011- POR again! 8/25-9/4

Talking Re: Who will be down during 8/29-9/4

Quote Originally Posted by my2boys View Post
    We absolutely LOVED POR. It is so peaceful and laid back. I enjoyed any walking we had to do, whether it was to the bus depot or to get drinks in the morning. It is just a wonderful place to be. The first time we stayed there we were in the Alligator Bayou section, which we didn't LOVE the decor but the location was great and the 2nd year we were in The Magnolia Bend section and we really enjoyed that. It was more of a walk to different places, but like I said we enjoyed the walking. Make sure you use the boats to get to downtown. It is such a peaceful ride. I am jealous, this year we booked at ASMovies in hopes that we would just upgrade if we came into some money but we actually are in the process of buying into DVC so there goes all that money!!! But I will be thinking of how much fun you will be having and I hope you have a great 1st trip to POR, it probably won't be your last. Make sure you let me know what you thought and where at the resort you stayed.
    I just noticed our countdowns are only a few hours off. We will be down at the same time. We will probably pass each other and not even know it. Who knows you could sit right next to my family at one of the Restaurants. LOL that would be crazy
    YAY!! I can't wait! Everyone I talk to loves this resort!!! We are staying in Alligator Bayou in building 14, it is supposed to be close to the front.

OOOOHHH! I'm jealous of you! Getting into DVC! That sounds awesome!!!

Have a great trip!!!

We are driving down this year. And then going by the beach on the way home!
    Missy
    Sept.2007, All Star Music Resort(1st trip to WDW)
    Sept.2008, All Star Movies Resort
    Aug.-Sept.2009, Port Orleans Riverside (1st Moderate)
    Oct.2013, Pop Century

Just got back from a week down at the jersey shore and saw this thread...thought it was for this year, but after reading through i LOVE that you will be there again this year! we will too, but at POP 8/31 - 9/5...just made my final payment today :-)
    SEPT'89 Contemporary, MAR'01 A.S. Sports, AUG'07 A.S. Sports, OCT'08 A.S. Sports, SEPT'09 POP Century,
    NOV'10 P O Riverside, JAN'12 POP Century,
    JAN'13 P O French Quarter, OCT'13 Art of Animation
    APR'14 Caribbean Beach, SEPT'14 Coronado Springs
    DEC'14 FW Cabins, OCT'15 Caribbean Beach

I am sooo excited to be going the same time again this year, but I get just as excited for other families who are going too. I hope we all have a safe and magical trip. I hope we have good weather (hopefully not too hot! Is that possible?)
    The Fantasmic Four
    Youtube and Facebook

I am sooo excited to be going the same time again this year, but I get just as excited for other families who are going too. I hope we all have a safe and magical trip. I hope we have good weather (hopefully not too hot! Is that possible?)
    I hope everyone does too! And I think it's possible it won't be too hot, by the time Sept rolls around.
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

We was in Port Orleans French Quarters last year for the last two weeks in august, was a great place unfortunatley we had a 10 day tropical storm but eben it didnt stop us having so much fun.
    My2boys its worth noting we signed up for DVC last year while we was there so i can talk from first hand experience and you can use your points either incentive ones or the years allocation to upgrade (even the same year you join) will be worth asking your rep if you have signed up now.

Also worth knowing as a DVC Member last year we were given VIP fast passes which are great no waiting and returning just get a ticket and straight onto the rides using fastpass queue. But we did have to ask for these.
    Also make sure you carry your DVC member card with you especially in Downtown as most places will give you a 10% discount.

have fun and "Welcome Home"

We absolutely LOVED POR. It is so peaceful and laid back. I enjoyed any walking we had to do, whether it was to the bus depot or to get drinks in the morning. It is just a wonderful place to be. The first time we stayed there we were in the Alligator Bayou section, which we didn't LOVE the decor but the location was great and the 2nd year we were in The Magnolia Bend section and we really enjoyed that. It was more of a walk to different places, but like I said we enjoyed the walking. Make sure you use the boats to get to downtown. It is such a peaceful ride. I am jealous, this year we booked at ASMovies in hopes that we would just upgrade if we came into some money but we actually are in the process of buying into DVC so there goes all that money!!! But I will be thinking of how much fun you will be having and I hope you have a great 1st trip to POR, it probably won't be your last. Make sure you let me know what you thought and where at the resort you stayed.
    I just noticed our countdowns are only a few hours off. We will be down at the same time. We will probably pass each other and not even know it. Who knows you could sit right next to my family at one of the Restaurants. LOL that would be crazy
    Remember It all began with a Mouse

A Proud DVC Member (own a bit of magic in Animal Kingdom)

steveb when you just said welcome home you made me fill up with tears of joy. I know the first time I am down as a member and a CM says that to me I am going to cry! My DH says he might join me. Of course we don't want to make complete idiots of ourselves but we have waited so long to do this. Unfortunately though we bought resale so we didn't receive any incentives but I wonder how many points it would take us to upgrade?? We took the tour last year while we were there and it only made us want it more. It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone. You get all your q's answered and receive free icecream and fass passes for the family. Thank you so much for the reminder about the discount while shopping.
    The Fantasmic Four
    Youtube and Facebook

Anyone on here going the week of 8/21-8/28?? Hot hot hot is what I keep hearing everyone say about Orlando in August...Hope we don't hate that part of it!

hi Lssheppard!

We are going to be down once again this year 2010!
    (This thread is actually a couple years old!)

CBR --- August 27-September 4, 2010

5/2001- All Star Music
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4

Yes I just realized that! I didn't look at the dates..Thanks for the info..Looks like you'll be headed there just the day before we leave! Here's to both of us being able to get free dining.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lssheppard View Post
    Yes I just realized that! I didn't look at the dates..Thanks for the info..Looks like you'll be headed there just the day before we leave! Here's to both of us being able to get free dining.....LOL
    Yes! Free dining is a great perk!
    We actually are going with free dining this year... we had the offer in our room last year for the "bounce Back" Basically if we were to book our 2010 stay while we were at the park in 2009, we would get the free dining plan. We took advantage of that offer before we left!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for some Disney Magic for you and everyone else! I can't help but check (almost daily) to see if FD is being offered. It is such a great deal. Hang in there!

5/2001- All Star Music
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4

Just got off another site and they said there was a very very strong chance of Disney putting the offer out on May 3..Rumors of course, but maybe it will be..Here's to hoping!
    Waiting for Disney...

I think it is so great that this thread keeps getting pulled up.I started it 2 years ago and I will again be down during the same days. I might make it a point to pull it up myself every year ! Of coarse every year is a new experience and we look forward to it as if it were all new. (but not quite.) We just went in February during school break. we thought we would be more patient with the crowds because the weather wouldn't be as hot but the crowds were CRAZY so we opted to take the HEAT of AUG/Sept with less crowds over Comfortable temps and more crowds.
    The Fantasmic Four
    Youtube and Facebook

I had a good friend that went around the middle of Feb and she called me and said the crowds were unreal! She has been going for years and couldn't believe it. She is also going back in August-she says her excuse is that she didn't have the best time ever because of crowds, so she HAS to go back..LOL Yes I hear the heat will be awful. We live on the coast of NC, so in my mind we will be "used" to it, but everyone I talk to says oh no Florida heat is worse! Whatever, I am just so glad we're going, we'll make the best of those water parks!!
    Waiting for Disney...

I am so glad this thread has gone on for so long. I will be there 8-29 to 9-4 possibly 9-5-10. First summer at Disney World. But it doesn't matter to me right now. But I will make the best of it. Trying to get our friends to go who has a little girl the same age as my daughter. That would make it even better. Staying at the Caribbean, and never been there. But I have time with the hopes there will be other deals I can get my hands on. I will make this Magcal for me and my family no matter when I go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast