Who will be down during 8/29-9/4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Who will be down during 8/29-9/4

My sentiments exactly! I don't want anything to spoil our fun, 95 degrees or not! We are staying at Coronado but really had a hard time deciding between there and CBR-hope you enjoy your stay there! It looks like a lot of fun. At this point, we are just so happy to go...Hope we all get a deal on that dining....
    Waiting for Disney...

I am crossing my fingers for you to get the free dining. I already got mine but it wasn't free. They have run this the past few years and I am sure they will again. But either way I hope everyone has made their ADR's already. If you haven't please take the time RIGHT NOW to do so. If you wait much longer you might not be able to get the restaurants you want or the times you'd prefer.
    The Fantasmic Four
    Youtube and Facebook

I was just sitting here at the table telling my husband the same thing. If we don't get free dining I can always cancel some of them, but I will think positive!! Thanks for the kind words! You are staying at AKL?? I think that would be my next choice, it looks awesome. I need to get on the phone tonight or tomorrow morning with those ADRs...
    Waiting for Disney...

Quote Originally Posted by lssheppard View Post
    I was just sitting here at the table telling my husband the same thing. If we don't get free dining I can always cancel some of them, but I will think positive!! Thanks for the kind words! You are staying at AKL?? I think that would be my next choice, it looks awesome. I need to get on the phone tonight or tomorrow morning with those ADRs...
    No we just stayed at AKL this Feb that just past. We are staying at BLT and Boardwalk August31-Sept8. we have split ressies so we can split the types of dining plans that we have so while at BLT we have Deluxe dining and then when we switch to boardwalk we have the "regular" dining plan. I was on the phone at 7am at 180 days out. Here is the rundown of what we have booked. if anyone is interested.
    Aug.31-ohana (dinner
    sept1-boma (brkfst) Narcoossees (dinner)
    sept2-Crystal palace (brkfst) Artists point (dinner)
    sept3 (son's birthday) Chef Mickey's (brkfst) Hoop de doo revue (dinner)
    sept4-LeCellier (dinner)
    sept5-Cape May (dinner)
    sept6-50's prime time (dinner)
    sept7-Chef's de france (dinner)
    The Fantasmic Four
    Youtube and Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Sofia's Dad View Post
    I am so glad this thread has gone on for so long. I will be there 8-29 to 9-4 possibly 9-5-10. First summer at Disney World. But it doesn't matter to me right now. But I will make the best of it. Trying to get our friends to go who has a little girl the same age as my daughter. That would make it even better. Staying at the Caribbean, and never been there. But I have time with the hopes there will be other deals I can get my hands on. I will make this Magcal for me and my family no matter when I go.
    Sofia'sdad- looks like we have similar vacations planned! We are staying at Caribbean beach too! We will be there August 27-sept 4th!
    Our first stay at this resort too!

5/2001- All Star Music
    9/2006- All Star Sports MNSSHP
    8/2007- POR FQ- Magical Gathering
    9/2008- Polynesian 9/26-10/1 MNSSHP
    8/2009- Polynesian 8/30-9/7
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4
    8/2011- POR again! 8/25-9/4

We posting meals?? I want the free dining but I have the deluxe so far. Looking to see when that free dining starts and I will jump on it or if I can up the resort. See I'm not crazy about the Caribbean Beach. Not my choice but rather the other two bosses in the house. I have the preferred room but still, to colorful and to big. The food court looks small and has nothing to excite me. But believe me once I'm there Ill be fine. Would love the Boardwalk or Animal Kingdom. As far as Moderates I wanted the Riverside as I stayed there and loved it. But....... I know I can change there mind on the resort if I can get the Boardwalk or Animal Kingdom.
    I have made Reservations
    Sun
    Dinner California Grill
    Mon
    breakfast Crystal Palace
    Dinner JIKO's
    Tuesday
    Dinner Italy
    Wed
    Lunch LeCilliers
    Dinner Narcoossees
    Thur
    Breakfast Magic Kingdom Castle
    Dinner Flying Fish
    Friday
    Dinner Rose and Crown

So Far. The others will be 50's, Sci Fi. etc.
    Last edited by Sofia's Dad; 04-21-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Disney View Post
    Sofia'sdad- looks like we have similar vacations planned! We are staying at Caribbean beach too! We will be there August 27-sept 4th!
    Our first stay at this resort too!

Great. Looking foward to this trip.

I have made Reservations
    Sun
    Dinner California Grill
    Mon
    breakfast Crystal Palace
    Dinner JIKO's
    Tuesday
    Dinner Italy
    Wed
    Lunch LeCilliers
    Dinner Narcoossees
    Thur
    Breakfast Magic Kingdom Castle
    Dinner Flying Fish
    Friday
    Dinner Rose and Crown

So Far. The others will be 50's, Sci Fi. etc.
    California Grill, Jiko AND Narcoosees? You sure know how to eat well SD! I'm loving your choices - clearly a man of great taste!

Will you eat outside at the Rose & Crown? It's a brilliant spot to watch IllumiNatiions from.

Boy, am I jealous!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    California Grill, Jiko AND Narcoosees? You sure know how to eat well SD! I'm loving your choices - clearly a man of great taste!

Will you eat outside at the Rose & Crown? It's a brilliant spot to watch IllumiNatiions from.

Boy, am I jealous!

I booked the Rose and Crown basically so I can get an outside table. You being one of our Brit's I get the feeling they (Rose and Crown) are not up to par with some of the restaurants that you are use to. The last time I was there I had the Sheppard Pie. To me it was good. This time Fish and Chips (I know what you are saying ) and the Illuminations. I am not done with the reservations but close. You did real great with suggesting Jiko's. Wow what a great place. Had to do it again. As a suggestion to you, and knowing you like steak, and although the Yachtsman was great which also you suggested, (I wish I had what my wife had, the porterhouse) but next time try LeCelliers. Very busy and books fast. I thought it was quiet the last time I was there.
    I just wish I was at the Riverside. But I lost the vote. Maybe after this trip she will listen to me. But I will be there again.

I booked the Rose and Crown basically so I can get an outside table. You being one of our Brit's I get the feeling they (Rose and Crown) are not up to par with some of the restaurants that you are use to. The last time I was there I had the Sheppard Pie. To me it was good. This time Fish and Chips (I know what you are saying ) and the Illuminations.
    When we ate at the R&C in 2007, I hated it. Bad service, bad food (bangers and mash) and a bad table (inside - it was raining!).

For some reason, we ended up there again in 2009 and I loved it! Great table (outside on the water's edge where we wathed Illuminations from), great service and the best fish and chips I've had in a long, long while.

I'd happily go back now!

As a suggestion to you, and knowing you like steak, and although the Yachtsman was great which also you suggested, (I wish I had what my wife had, the porterhouse) but next time try LeCelliers.
    I keep thinking about going there - not really sure why we haven't been (not since 1988 anyway!). We must try it again - maybe next time!

Thanks for the tip!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123