ways to make money
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking ways to make money

anyone have some ways to make money just for disney?:nemo

Re: ways to make money

Here's a tip to save money. Every day when you get home, put all your change into a jar. Don't ever take any of it out. It's amazing how much it adds up.

As far as making extra money, do you have stuff you could sell on ebay?
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Normally I'll take money that I would have normally used for lunch and put it in a drawer. $5 here and $5 there, it adds up really quick.

I also use the change thing too.
    Mike

HANG ON TO THOSE LOOSE ITEMS!!!! WE ARE MOVING THIS THREAD

One great pair of shoes can change your life..."Cinderella

click here to become a premium member

I have been trying to sell some Limited Edition Disney pins on Ebay to make money, but so far: NO BITES. I feel like in this economy, that kind of thing is a luxury. People are trying to just pay their bills, let alone, get a collectible Disney Pin.
    "Clean cup, Clean cup! MOVE DOOOWWNN!"

I save money doing a combination of things, none of which will make the trip, but just adds to the kitty.

I do as many product rebates as I can, then when the rebate checks come in I deposit them in the Disney acct

My Disney checking acct is interest bearing and is a separate acct from the household acct.

I so surveys online, earning pennies here and there, I have one acct presently at $40, not much but it is something. Some I can only earn gift cards, I get those in gas cards to help defray some of the travel costs.

Iuse grocery coupons, then I take the money saved and add that amount to the Disney acct.

I also pay my Disney acct each paycheck. The amount varies, but I add something each payday.

We put all coin in a bottle, once I get about $50 in coin, I wrap and, you got it, deposit into Disney acct.

One other suggestion is a garage sale.

One thing available is if you like to make crafts, make and sell them either at consignment shops, festivals, etc.

In our town we can take aluminum cans to be recycled and get paid for them. So we save them, my mom saves them others we know save them for us and yep, when we cash them in the money goes to the Disney acct.

Good Luck, hope I gave you some ideas.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

Those are many great ideas! Thanks for sharing.
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

I don't know if there are branches near everyone, but Wachovia bank has a savings plan called Way2Save. Every time you use your bank card, they transfer $1 into an interest-bearing savings account. It's a free account. I have it and the money is building up so fast...but it's also making me aware of how often I use my card!
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

This isn't exactly a way to make money but it made paying for our trip much easier.

When we booked our trip this year we booked with a room only discount - we only had to put down $200 and then we could make payments as often as we want and in any amout as long as it is $20 or more. We added park tickets and dinning plan without having to put down more money. I kept track of how much we had paid in and when we had covered the cost of airfare I called back and added flights - last year when we booked our package we booked everything at the same time and had to pay for flights in one big payment plus the $200 deposit! (over $900) By delaying booking our flights we never had to come up with a large chunk of money.

We also have a rewards program attached to our debit card and we use it for everything - just like cash - when we hit a certain level of points we cash them in for a visa gift card (we have 2 already) and we take these with us to pay for the extras at the hotel. Just remember if you want to pay with cash or a gift card for the charges to your room you need to do it the night before check out or they will automatically charge it to your credit card.
    Love & Pixie Dust
    Patty

Here's a Money SAVING tip: I found recipes on line for making my OWN laundry detergent: EASY. That saves me at LEAST $200 a year.
    "Clean cup, Clean cup! MOVE DOOOWWNN!"

I love this thread to bits!
    We are change savers lol. Really nice when you turn it in and have over a hundred or so dollars just from being aware of coins. We also put single dollars in an envelope, and when we get to 50 we replace the bills. The kids are allowed to keep their allowance, or add it to the fund. Even the youngest is excited because he helping to "earn" our special holiday/vacation . Every time we save money on an item, or someone does something extra thoughtful for another more money is added to our Disney fund.

There are some really good tips in this thread it would be sad to lose it. What does your family do to save for Disney?
    ~Fairy wishes & sparkling dreams Rebecca
    "If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." ~Albert Einstein

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it." ~Walt Disney

Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 Boardwalk Autumn 2013

Quote Originally Posted by disneylvr211
    anyone have some ways to make money just for disney?:nemo
    I donate plasma(blood) twice a week. If you don' t mind a huge needle for about an hour you can make about $65.00 a week! I started this april and have made nearly $1000 for our 9 day xmas trip leaving 2weeks from today!!!! We used this extra income to increase from 6 days to 9. Donating plasma is like giving blood except after about about a cup of blood they seperate it with a machine and then return your red cells back to you they only keep the plasma portion. Look it up online for facts, many larger cities have plasma donation facilities...... Wdw here we come

Quote Originally Posted by Fourquarters View Post
    I donate plasma(blood) twice a week. If you don' t mind a huge needle for about an hour you can make about $65.00 a week! I started this april and have made nearly $1000 for our 9 day xmas trip leaving 2weeks from today!!!! We used this extra income to increase from 6 days to 9. Donating plasma is like giving blood except after about about a cup of blood they seperate it with a machine and then return your red cells back to you they only keep the plasma portion. Look it up online for facts, many larger cities have plasma donation facilities...... Wdw here we come
    This is quite wonderful! The life you give back to others is really needed and appreciated. As a child I had many operations on my legs, and while most of the time they drained me for blood, once or twice I was given anothers. Then as an adult nearly died in childbirth and was given 3 bags of blood. So, I'm not allowed to donate. However am always grateful for those who do.
    ~Fairy wishes & sparkling dreams Rebecca
    "If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." ~Albert Einstein

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it." ~Walt Disney

Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 Boardwalk Autumn 2013

At first I thought this was a bit extreme but I agree with Green Fairy! What a WONDERFUL way to be rewarded for helping others! A Disney trip! 8:0) We don't get paid for any type of donation in the UK! XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Rawlybabe View Post
    At first I thought this was a bit extreme but I agree with Green Fairy! What a WONDERFUL way to be rewarded for helping others! A Disney trip! 8:0) We don't get paid for any type of donation in the UK! XXX
    I agree!!

We also don't get paid for this in the Netherlands ...
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast