Wilderness Lodge in California?

Wilderness Lodge in California?

`My husband swears the CEO of his company stayed here when they had a convention in Cali a few years back but I see no such thing. Is he confused or did there used to be one?

So where's the best rec to stay for the true Disney feel. We stayed at Wilderness in WDW in 2007 and loved it. Want to give the rest of the first timers going with us the true experience of DL.

Thanks.

Re: Wilderness Lodge in California?

I believe that the name you are looking for is the "Disney's Grand Californian Hotel". It has the look of the Wilderness. Many people confuse the name.
    I will give you a link to the site , and you will see what I mean.
    http://www.expedia.com/daily/vacatio...alifornian.asp

See ya later.
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

We have stayed at the DGCH in Anaheim, you won't be disappointed.

We had a blast this time around again! This time we went with a bigger group and were able to enjoy more of the slides,the waterpark was fun the lines were ok we didnt have to wait to long. My son is 7 and this is a perfect age for the waterpark he was able to ride alot on his own and I didn't have to monitor his every step,the lifegards are very friendly and interactive with the kids. I have to say the food prices are a bit high but if you bring your own snacks and some food you can save a bit. This time we tried the MagiQuest ($37.00 for the game and wand) and it was ok,my son also stuffed a Violet stuffy in the gift shop and he really enjoyed that! We stayed in the kids cabin room and for the 4 adults and 1 kid it was a nice size room but I wish they had a kid themed room with two queen beds I think that would be a nice option, My only issue with the room was that it was a bit far from everything and when booking it would be nice to pick your room but overall I think the rooms are nice and clean the waterpark and rest of the hotel was clean and the staff are friendly. Thanks GWL for another fun family trip,we'll be back soon

As this thread is almost 4 years old, it is now being closed.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR