Honeymoon Ideas

Thread: Honeymoon Ideas

Honeymoon Ideas

Hi everyone! My fiancee and I finally decided to honeymoon at WDW. Hurray!!! Anyway, I have been to wdw numerous times, but my fiancee hasn't been there since he was four. I know about all the rides and other attractions, but I was wondering if anyone did anything in particular on their honeymoon that had some "wedding feel" to it. Also, how is the night life at Pleasure Island, and other adult evening events? Any suggestions would be great. Thank you!
    Rabbit: Pooh, you haven't any brain.
    Pooh: I know.

Re: Honeymoon Ideas

Hi Silly ole bear.

Congrats firstly on your engagement! I'm sure you'll have a great time in WDW.

Here's a few links to threads with some excellent suggestions - I hope they help.

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37285

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27892

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32822

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28424

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33935

Also, have you seen Disney's Honeymoon registry? I'm not sure if that would be of any use, but here's the link...

http://honeymoonregistry.disney.go.c...HomePageRender

As far as Pleasure Island goes, I'm not sure how much of it will still be open in view of the planned changes. Having said that, I've never been a huge fan of it anyway - I find there's no real atmosphere there.

I'd suggest the Boardwalk instead for a far more romantic location.

Have a great time.

Last edited by Winkster; 08-01-2008 at 01:30 AM.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks for helping Winkster.
    I have a link to another thread that can be a great place for ideas.

click here
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

May I suggest to rent a boat to see the fireworks from the water. Let them know that it is your honeymoon. I believe you can have them provide dinner etc. I believe it is called Magic Wishes. Hopefully others can provide you with the link or just called Disney. I rented this last vacation and although it was with my family, I did see couples on other boats. Congratulations!
    Mandy

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Have you set a date? We are actually going to Disney World for our honeymoon too. I'll wanr you to be prepared for some people looking at you like you're crazy when you say Disney World for your honeymoon. We are amazed at how many people do that.

Anyway obviously the Grand Floridian is probably the typical choice for a honeymoon but I think Animal Kingdom Lodge is a lot more romantic in a different way. I just think it would be amazing to wakeup and sit out on the balcony watching all the animals while drinking youe coffee.

Victoria & Alberts is another good place for romance. I've never been there and I don't think we are going to afford it for our honeymoon but I would love to try it.
    July 1989 Grand Floridian with Mom, Dad, Bobby, Nana and Pop-Pop

July 1996 Grand Floridian with Mom, Dad, Bobby, Christine, Nana, Pop-Pop and Aunt Anne.
    June 1998 Beach Club with Mom, Dad, Bobby and Christine
    February 2008 Pop Cenutry with Mom for Christine's cheerleading competition

I know this is going to sound weird but we spent the first 5 nights of our honeymoon at the cabins in fort wilderness. We loved it. We liked that we had our own little house that we never had to leave unless we wanted to. Also since they are seperated you dont have noise people next door or above you. I think the links will help alot that were given above. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
    2009- 13 Trips (6 Stay Trips & 7 Day Trips)
    2008- 20 Trips (7 Day Trips & 13 Stay Trips )
    2007-19 Trips (7 Day Trips & 12 Stay Trips)

Mickey Re: Honeymoon Ideas

I would suggest spending a night over on the Boardwalk at the Boardwalk Inn. (One of the EPCOT resorts) It's very nice to just walk around as the sun is setting and there are restaurants and other things to do. One place that is real fun is called Jellyrolls. It is a sing along / dueling pianos bar. Much more fun than it sounds. You can also do the boat tour for the fireworks that was mentioned above. You can get the boat at the marina of the Yacht Club and they take you into EPCOT in the lake where you get an upclose view of Illuminations. There is also an outdoor "wedding" pavilion (actually saw a wedding taking place there in 2006) at the Boardwalk that would be very nice to get a picture at. The pavilion is located over by the ESPN club. Just a thought. Congrats!
    Rob
    I survived hurricane Charley at
    Disney's Boardwalk Villas.
    August 2004!

hi there, congrats! i got mairred in disney in 2003 and we honeymooned at the wilderness lodge. loved it! we had dinner one night at narcosses watching the water parade and a nice dinner at brown derby also. renting a boat for firework cruise is a great idea or do dinner at california grill and watch the magic kingdoms fireworks from up there. its amazing
    To infinity and beyond..... Steve

married in disney honeymooned at wilderness lodge 05/03

wilderness lodge in 05/05

wildnersness lodge 06/06

Hey, everyone! Thank you for the wonderful ideas. I had no idea you could view fireworks from rental boats. I showed my fiancee the ideas and threads you suggested, and he is very excited. We're planning on going next Thanksgiving or Christmas (we're getting married Oct. 10th of '09, and I can't leave my job for a honeymoon then). One more question, does anyone have a preference for THanksgiving or Christmas?

Thank you!

Mickey Re: Honeymoon Ideas

Never been there on Thanksgiving or Christmas. Was there last year the second week of December and had a great time. The weather was really good and everything looked awesome decorated for Christmas. The Ozbourne light display at the studios was very cool. I would definately suggest this time of year to anybody. Have fun!
    Rob
    I survived hurricane Charley at
    Disney's Boardwalk Villas.
    August 2004!

I would suggest thanksgiving and the weekend after over Christmas. There are alot more people then.

Also if you wanted to go when know one is there i would sugguest the second week of January.
    2009- 13 Trips (6 Stay Trips & 7 Day Trips)
    2008- 20 Trips (7 Day Trips & 13 Stay Trips )
    2007-19 Trips (7 Day Trips & 12 Stay Trips)

I am guessing you won't be making it down in time to catch PI before it closes down, so I would second the recommendation to check out the Boardwalk especially Jellyrolls and the Atlantic Club. I can also recommend Vitoria and Albert's and The Yachtsman's Steakhouse as two very romantic places to eat both are $$$ but well worth it. Hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by cmcclain; 08-03-2008 at 11:00 PM.
    1978 My 1st Disney Trip
    1988 Big Red Boat Disney Cruise

1992 Senior Trip

2001 Honeymoon Land/Sea Cruise Wife's 1st Trip (Port Orleans/Disney Wonder)
    2005 & 2006 & May 2009 Pop Century
    2007 & 2008 Beach Club

Make sure you wear your vail ears and your DH wears his ears hat, the CM's will make surprise you around every corner. And I would choose Thanksgiving over christmas, you still get to see alot of the chrismas decorations and it is less crowded. and oh yea...Congrats on the engagement.
    Last edited by friendofigment; 08-07-2008 at 12:13 AM.
    With F.I.G.M.E.N.T you can see things differently

Quote Originally Posted by silly ole bear
    Hey, everyone! Thank you for the wonderful ideas. I had no idea you could view fireworks from rental boats. I showed my fiancee the ideas and threads you suggested, and he is very excited. We're planning on going next Thanksgiving or Christmas (we're getting married Oct. 10th of '09, and I can't leave my job for a honeymoon then). One more question, does anyone have a preference for THanksgiving or Christmas?

Thank you!
    Sill Ole Bear we are actually wedding twins. We are getting married on October 10, 2009 too.
    July 1989 Grand Floridian with Mom, Dad, Bobby, Nana and Pop-Pop

July 1996 Grand Floridian with Mom, Dad, Bobby, Christine, Nana, Pop-Pop and Aunt Anne.
    June 1998 Beach Club with Mom, Dad, Bobby and Christine
    February 2008 Pop Cenutry with Mom for Christine's cheerleading competition

Meg1884, congratulations on your engagement as well! Our days are coming up fast, so I hope your planning is going well. Best of luck to you and your fiancee'!