Favorite Parade! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Favorite Parade!

I hope it's okay to digress a bit about parades....when I was last at WDW, there came a day when I was wandering around Frontierland, and an announcement came over the park's well-hidden speakers that a parade in honor of Sleeping Beauty was set to commence. People were directed to the side of the road, ropes were strung in front of them to block access to the street, etc. Suddenly a very nasal, high-pitched Teen Pop Star Voice started singing - or rather, butchering - the song "Once Upon A Dream" from the movie, and down the street came the parade...consisting of one float. ONLY one float. It had Aurora, Philip, and Maleficent on it. Dancing in front were Flora, Fauna and Merriweather. The procession rolled past....and people in the crowd, including me, were left staring down the street behind it, wondering "Where's the rest of the parade?" A few CMs appeared and played Giant Beach Ball Catch with some kids. And that was that. Weirdest parade I've ever seen. And the WORST rendition of a Disney song I've ever heard. I still don't get it...I mean, a parade with one float is hardly "plussing" the WDW experience. More like "minussing" if you ask me.

Oh, yes, and the SpectroMagic parade in Fantasyland was shorter this year. There was no Chernobog float, for one thing. So what's the deal with the parades lately? Is this Diz's way of cutting costs, or something?

I liked the old Main Street Electrical Parade too. We saw it in EuroDisney years ago and I still can't get that electronic jingly music out my head now!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Spectromagic is cool and the Boo To You parade is a lot of fun also.
    1975 Off Property
    1985 Off Property
    2003 All Star Sports
    2004 Wilderness Lodge
    2007 Wilderness Lodge
    2008 Beach Club
    2009 Boardwalk Villas & Animal Kingdom Lodge

I love them all but my all time favorite is Electriacl Parade.
    Mandy

I've only been to WDW this year and last year, But my favorite of those 2 years: Boo To You Parade. We all just loved it. It was the first Parade we saw on our 2007 trip. It is still at the top of the list even after this years trip. Though, Spectro-Magic is a close second.

I would love to see what the "Tapestry of Nations" was like, you all make it sound REALLY cool. I think it would be great to have a parade in Epcot. The WS is the perfect spot to sit and wait for and watch a parade. Perfect Atmosphere!
    Missy
    Sept.2007, All Star Music Resort(1st trip to WDW)
    Sept.2008, All Star Movies Resort
    Aug.-Sept.2009, Port Orleans Riverside (1st Moderate)
    Oct.2013, Pop Century

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dragon View Post
    I hope it's okay to digress a bit about parades....when I was last at WDW, there came a day when I was wandering around Frontierland, and an announcement came over the park's well-hidden speakers that a parade in honor of Sleeping Beauty was set to commence. People were directed to the side of the road, ropes were strung in front of them to block access to the street, etc. Suddenly a very nasal, high-pitched Teen Pop Star Voice started singing - or rather, butchering - the song "Once Upon A Dream" from the movie, and down the street came the parade...consisting of one float. ONLY one float. It had Aurora, Philip, and Maleficent on it. Dancing in front were Flora, Fauna and Merriweather. The procession rolled past....and people in the crowd, including me, were left staring down the street behind it, wondering "Where's the rest of the parade?" A few CMs appeared and played Giant Beach Ball Catch with some kids. And that was that. Weirdest parade I've ever seen. And the WORST rendition of a Disney song I've ever heard. I still don't get it...I mean, a parade with one float is hardly "plussing" the WDW experience. More like "minussing" if you ask me.

Oh, yes, and the SpectroMagic parade in Fantasyland was shorter this year. There was no Chernobog float, for one thing. So what's the deal with the parades lately? Is this Diz's way of cutting costs, or something?
    You may have wanted to stick around a bit. They didn't announce that there was a Sleeping Beauty parade coming. They only announced that Sleeping Beauty was one of the floats that was going to kick off the parade. We watched that parade on October 18th and they made an announcement for a highschool band then closed the ropes while the band came through then they opened the ropes again. Then they made an announcement about the release of Sleeping Beauty on DVD and then closed off the ropes while that float came down then opened the ropes back up. Then they made the main parade announcement and closed the ropes again. This time for the full parade.

The Sleeping Beauty float was not a parade. Sort of an announcement for the DVD.

Favorite of all time: 2001 Main Parade at Disneyland Paris (Song was Dancin' (a catchy rhythm)

Current: Pixar Play Parade at Disney's California Adventure (song is Countdown to Fun)
    Character Dining Counter: 40
    Walt Disney World Trips:(8) 10/09-HIE (MNSSHP) (7) 10/09-AS-Mov (6) 9/09-AS-Mov (5) 12/08-AS-Mov (MVMCP) (4) 11/08-Staybridge Suites (MVMCP) (3) 10/08-Nick Suites (MNSSHP) (2) 10/07-Pop Century (1) 6/00-Dixie Landings
    DL Trips: (6) 9/09-HIE (5) 6/09-HIE(4) 4/09-HIE (3) 3/09-HIE (2) 9/08-HIE (1) 5/08-HIE
    DL Paris Trips: (1) 6/01-Mercatur Hotel-Eiffel Tower
    DCL Trips: (1) 1/02-Wonder

i was raised in titusville florida then moved outta state to alabama and still dont like it!

spectromagic...def..and it starts at i believe 7...but i love the lights

Definately spectro-magic, AND Boo To You that we just saw a couple weeks ago!!
    SEPT'89 Contemporary, MAR'01 A.S. Sports, AUG'07 A.S. Sports, OCT'08 A.S. Sports, SEPT'09 POP Century,
    NOV'10 P O Riverside, JAN'12 POP Century,
    JAN'13 P O French Quarter, OCT'13 Art of Animation
    APR'14 Caribbean Beach, SEPT'14 Coronado Springs
    DEC'14 FW Cabins, OCT'15 Caribbean Beach

i was raised in titusville florida then moved outta state to alabama and still dont like it!

spectromagic byfar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eyeofachild View Post
    Spectromagic is my all time favorite. When I was a child they called it the electric light parade.

The christmas parade is pretty good also.
    Here Here! I loved it then (as electric light parade) and I love it now as Spectromagic.
    Disney Inn January 1991
    WDW Spring Break March 1994
    Coronado Springs August 2006

World According to Goofy - DLR 92'
    [ame]<div align="center">
    <table class="tborder" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="400" style="margin:10px 0">
    <thead>
    <tr>
    <td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
    <a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </thead>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="panelsurround" align="center"><object width="425" height="350">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/whDNf_JbOaw&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1"></param>
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/whDNf_JbOaw&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent"></embed></object><br><script type="text/javascript"><!--
    google_ad_client = "pub-8965332932726910";
    /* 468x60, videos in forums */
    google_ad_slot = "0985437295";
    google_ad_width = 468;
    google_ad_height = 60;
    //-->
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
    </script>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table></div>[/ame]
    Fr Corey†

does anyone know what magic kingdom parade will they have in march

I absolutley love the "BOO TO YOU PARADE"!!!!!!!! MNSSHP is my all time fave party in WDW!

However prior to the boo to you parade it would have been the
    electric light parade.. that was so much fun and I loved the music!
    *I have been to WDW at least once a year since 1984-2003...But I'm not sure as to where I stayed (I was too young)*
    October 2003-POP Century*October 2004-POP Century*October 2005- French Quarter*June 2006- POP Century*October 2007- Animal Kingdom Lodge*May 2008- Coronado Springs* February 2009- Coronado Springs*October 2009-Pop Century*March 2010-Swan & Dolphin

lion king is my favorite that doesnt play anymore

the high school musical parade and dreams do come true parade are my favorites that still play!
    "To all who have come to this happy place: welcome"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast