Scrapbooking help please

Scrapbooking help please

My sister gave my daughters Disney scrapbooks and all the supplies (pages, stickers, etc.) to make the scrapbook --- only problem, I have no clue what to do or how to make a scrapbook. Our trip was in Nov. 2007 and it's all still sitting in a box next to my desk.

I am off of work for the weeks of Christmas and New Years while my daughter is off of school. This would be a great time for us to dive in and make the scrapbook.

Can anyone give me a crash course in scrapbooking please?
    The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you get one more yard
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    ~Tom Petty

Re: Scrapbooking help please

What I did when i started scrapbooking was i googled scrapbook pages. if you do this in google images it will just give you the pictures of the pages. you will find some easy/basic pages that will give you great ideas.

i hope this helps, it is a great way to spend time with your kids and it is alot of fun. but beware that i got totally addicted to scrapbooking.

good luck
    Jeana

I started by taking a page and picking two or three pictures with the same theme, picking a color scheme, framing the pictures with another piece of paper fitting your scheme, and then adding stickers to the pages. As time goes on, you become more creative, and you can add punch outs, boarders, and other cool nick-nack things to your page. The thing to remember is to not over-do it with the extras, as your pictures still should be the centre focus.

I hope you have fun with your daughters over the winter break!!
    Last edited by DisneyFreak0990; 12-16-2008 at 09:11 PM.

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Thanks for all the great advice. I think I'm just going to give my daughter a page, some pictures and some stickers, etc. and see what she comes up with. It is her scrapbook so I'll let her take the lead. It doesn't have to be perfect - it will be whatever a 7 year old makes of it
    Every day you get one more yard
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    ~Tom Petty

Googling "Simple Scrapbooking Layouts" will give you a lot of good results. Also, if you have a Michael's craft store or any kind of scrapbooking shop in your area, they sometimes have classes or can give you advice.

Good luck and just have fun!

Here are a few sites:

http://www.everything-about-scrapbooking.com/

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/com...oom/Itemid,28/

http://www.bisous.biz/catalog/layout_6_family.htm
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15