Best Rides for Teen Boys?

Best Rides for Teen Boys?

Addicted to this Site. Great job! We are leaving for WDW in 2 weeks and we have two teenagers(14 and 17)(boys). Could you tell me some of the best rides for them to go on?

Re: Best Rides for Teen Boys?

There are quite a few good rides for the boys. For a start...
    At EPCOT, there is Soarin (located in The Land), Test Track, Mission Space (there are 2 versions, you choose which version). Upon further thought, just about any ride in any of the parks are great, except for Magic Kingdom's rides for the younger kids. I've gone with all of my Grand kids ages 15 and up and they have enjoyed all the rides.
    Have a great vacation,
    Marjorie

We're so glad you're enjoying TD!

Most of the teenage boys I know (I have lots of cousins) love fast, active, and interactive rides. Here are a few of the highlights ...

Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (There are also many others like the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, and Pirates of the Caribbean that also offer lots of appeal.)

Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest!, Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur

Epcot: Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin'

Disney's Hollywood Studios: Tower of Terror, Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Lights Motors Action, Star Tours, Indiana Jones

There is much more also, these are just some of the "biggies." You should also consider the water parks; those giant water slides are very popular with teen boys. The Disney Quest would also be a great choice for you. This is like an arcade only much bigger and more intense. You can create video-game-like experiences for yourself, as well as play many different types of games.

Have a great trip!

Read reviews on every disney attraction, resort, restaurant, and activity! -> Disneyreviews.com

I agree, lots of rides listed that teen boys will enjoy. My son was 15 when last we visited and he did all the wilder fast rides and so enjoyed them, he super enjoyed DisneyQuest, he would have spent all day everyday if he could have. He has even admitted that he enjoyed some of the attractions that most would have considered for the very young, like Philharmagic etc. He is into Japanese things so he did keep returning to the Japan Pavilion each chance he got. We also did a round of family mini golf that he enjoyed very much. So in short, not to worry, lots of things both expected and unexpected that teen boys will enjoy.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

I think Ryan has answered your question pretty comprehensively.

I must admit to turning into a 14 year old boy as soon as I enter WDW so I can safely say they'll love pretty much everything.

Maybe, as marjex says, your 17yr old in particular might not appreciate things like Small World, Peter Pan and Snow White as much although it's amazing how little older kids worry about "street cred" when the Disney magic hits them (and I don't mean the cruise liner! ).

If you have time, I'm sure your boys would absolutely love Universal Islands of Adventure too. More big, fast rides there than WDW although they haven't got that Disney magic.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Don't forget Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard beach... AKA The water Parks!
    You may want to try Disney Quest as well if your kids are gamers.

5/2001- All Star Music
    9/2006- All Star Sports MNSSHP
    8/2007- POR FQ- Magical Gathering
    9/2008- Polynesian 9/26-10/1 MNSSHP
    8/2009- Polynesian 8/30-9/7
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4
    8/2011- POR again! 8/25-9/4

This cracks me up......my oldest "boy" of 41 turns into a 5 year old as soon as he walks thru the gate! The ears go on and the smile comes out. He goes straight for Peter Pan everytime. He and the truly younger boy (11) both love the fast rides, but truly love the nostalgic rides also. There is no age group in Disney. They might suprise you with their "favorite" things.
    On a side note---we have a pair of mouse ears hanging on the corner of our mirror in the bedroom. My husband says it makes him happy to see them everyday. We keep a jar on the dresser under them to remind us to put all of our loose change in it. We never spend our coins, we throw them in the jar every night. We should use them for responsible things, but instead it usually adds up to a plane tickets to Orlando about every year or year and a half. We can't go, until we have enough coins, so we are motivated!!

Quote Originally Posted by mscott4 View Post
    We should use them for responsible things, but instead it usually adds up to a plane tickets to Orlando about every year or year and a half.
    What more responsible thing could you want?

Seems a great way to save to me!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

We have a water cooler water bottle, 5 gal, all change goes in it and when it gets full enough that I can no longer lift it, all the coin gets rolled and goes into a bank acct that I use for Disney only, that way it earns interest.

In response to the teen boys and rides, again I must say yes they will love the faster rides but wholy agree that some of the attractions that seem for the little ones, will become favs of the teen generation. I think it is the same with them as it is with me, once you walk thru the Magic entrance you become a kid again, you don't have to worry that someone will see you and think you are silly, because silly is OK. My kids can't believe just how silly mom gets when at WDW.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century