WDW to Seaworld?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WDW to Seaworld?

In September we will be taking a day and going to Seaworld.

Can anyone suggest the best way to get 9 people from Pop Century and back without costing a bundle?

Re: WDW to Seaworld?

I beleive there is a Mears bus that goes from the TTC to Sea World although I guess the cost of a taxi split between 9 (assuming they are all paying adults) would be pretty low.

Just make sure you specify you want a mini-bus style cab.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

You do have several choices for visiting Sea World from Walt Disney World without having to rent a car!

The cheapest way is via the Orlando city bus (#50 was the last time I had the info). The fare is just under $2 one way and you can be let out at the front gate. You can catch this bus from the Ticket and Transportation Center and also Downtown Disney on the far west side parking lot. The trip takes from 20-40 minutes.

You can also arrange with your resort to have a Mears shuttle bus pick you up at the resort. You must reserve this before hand so ask when you check in for this information. The last I heard the cost for this was about $16 round trip per person.

You can also use the cabs to reach Sea World. The cost is approximately $30 plus tip for each way.

Hope this helps!

Read reviews on every disney attraction, resort, restaurant, and activity! -> Disneyreviews.com

From the Transportation and Ticket Centre we took the Lynx bus to and from Seaworld. Check with the person at the bus wicket but I do think it was line #50. Cheap, Easy and comfortable. Buses go through usually every 20 minutes. When you catch the return trip, the bus stop is on the opposite side of the street. Careful crossing as there is no crosswalk. Enjoy. Taxis are just crazy expensive and Mears is marginally better. So just take the bus.

Thanks for the information!

Glad to help!

Read reviews on every disney attraction, resort, restaurant, and activity! -> Disneyreviews.com

I agree, the Lynx bus is the best way, I've done this quite a few times from the TTC. It is quick, cheap and reliable.
    ---------------------------
    șoș
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

Ah - it's a Lynx bus is it?

I'd heard of the bus and heard of Mears and put two and two together - and made 63! DOH!

That's really useful actually cos my parents (or at least my Mum) really wants to go back to WDW but my Dad doesn't want to drive.

They can obviously get round WDW on the busses/boats/monorail but were confused about getting to Sea World.

I'll let them know!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I did the bus once and it is very easy, I agree that it is your best option!

Quote Originally Posted by DigDis View Post
    I did the bus once and it is very easy, I agree that it is your best option!
    My Aunt had to know the exact route and information and here is what she had sent to her via email from Lynx Customer Service:

You would board link 50 on Buena Vista Dr at the bus stop, across the street from Downtown Disney, or at the Downtown Disney Westside Transfer Center.
    This Link will take you to Sea Harbor Dr. at SeaWorld. You would need to walk from the street through the parking area to the main entrance. Sometimes a SeaWorld tram is in the area.
    Link 50 runs until 11:10 pm, so you would just have to catch it on the opposite side of the street to go back to Downtown Disney.
    Enjoy your trip.
    LYNX Customer Service

Thank you all for the useful info!!! Definately something a family of 5 will be using for our december trip!!
    Dreams Come True...

You might also want to check into renting a van or SUV for 24 hours. According to Orbitz, they can cost as low as $59 per day, plus taxes & fees. At least that way you will not have to adhere to a bus schedule or wait for a taxi, and you could also make a stop or two along the way to pick up necessities. Just a thought; we never go to WDW without renting a vehicle for our entire trip. It's so much easier to get around at our own leisure.
    Todd & Mark

Jan. 2006 - All Star Movies
    Jan. 2008 - Pop Century
    Apr. 2008 - Pop Century
    Jun. 2008 - Joined DVC (AKV)
    Jan. 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan C. View Post
    You do have several choices for visiting Sea World from Walt Disney World without having to rent a car!

The cheapest way is via the Orlando city bus (#50 was the last time I had the info). The fare is just under $2 one way and you can be let out at the front gate. You can catch this bus from the Ticket and Transportation Center and also Downtown Disney on the far west side parking lot. The trip takes from 20-40 minutes.

You can also arrange with your resort to have a Mears shuttle bus pick you up at the resort. You must reserve this before hand so ask when you check in for this information. The last I heard the cost for this was about $16 round trip per person.

You can also use the cabs to reach Sea World. The cost is approximately $30 plus tip for each way.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks eveyone!

I have booked a shuttle from QuickSilver, $85 roundtrip for 8 that is pretty good.
    Plus if you get the newsletter from the there is a $5 off coupon.

16 days and counting!!

Quote Originally Posted by ballcaptodd View Post
    You might also want to check into renting a van or SUV for 24 hours. According to Orbitz, they can cost as low as $59 per day, plus taxes & fees. At least that way you will not have to adhere to a bus schedule or wait for a taxi, and you could also make a stop or two along the way to pick up necessities. Just a thought; we never go to WDW without renting a vehicle for our entire trip. It's so much easier to get around at our own leisure.
    As of now we will have our own car, but my husband may need it the day we go to Seaworld, so we thought public transport would be easiest... I guess maybe he should use public transport for his meeting

Thanks for all of the super info!
    Dreams Come True...

Has anyone recently in 2012, taken Mears shuttle to Universal or Seaworld?
    Just wondering what the current rates are?
    Planning for 1st week in December

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast