Pins are addictive - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Pins are addictive

Ok, so first off I'd like to say I'm not trying to sell anything ON HERE....However I just found out that the "Beauty and the Beast" pin (LE 100) I have is worth over $100!! I have tried on E-bay, and not been able to sell it. Also Craigslist--no go. Seriously, this would cover a BUNCH of tips when we're at WDW, so I'd love to sell it. Anyone know WHERE on line you can find people who are LOOKING for certain pins?
    "Clean cup, Clean cup! MOVE DOOOWWNN!"

think I have decided to take my pins with me afterall

Wow! You mentioned friendship bracelets and just this weekend I was looking thru an old high school memory album and found one that a girl gave me my senior year. As far as Disney we will be staying at Pop Century. Last yr we stayed at All Star Movies. I don't really have a fav as they are all so unique and different. I hope one day I can say I have stayed in them all. Do you have a favorite?
    Last edited by moorekm327; 11-19-2010 at 12:56 PM.
    Kimberly Moore

UnoMas

it's only worth that if the person who wants it is looking at your add
    even if you get 50 for it it still buys 6-7 more pins
    ebay will give you a much wider scope than craigslist for sure
    April 20-27 2008 Saratoga Springs
    Nov 30-Dec 7 2008-Pop Century
    5th wedding anniversarry
    sept 24- oct 03 2009 all star sports
    jan 1-8 2011 p.o.r, sept 22-30 p.o.r
    Counting down to Sept 20 2013- Cabins at Fort Wilderness
    D23 charter year member

I so agree, pins are addictive :-) . But hey, most things Disney are for me ;-) .
    I just started buying pins, of Minnie Mouse, via EBay I could buy some cheep ones, so I gave trading a try, and I like it a lot.
    Really nice contacts with other Disneyfans and CM.

We have our 'keepers' pinned on painting linnen (first painted black) and they are all on our Disneywall in the livingroom.
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

Quote Originally Posted by moorekm327
    think I have decided to take my pins with me afterall

Wow! You mentioned friendship bracelets and just this weekend I was looking thru an old high school memory album and found one that a girl gave me my senior year. As far as Disney we will be staying at Pop Century. Last yr we stayed at All Star Movies. I don't really have a fav as they are all so unique and different. I hope one day I can say I have stayed in them all. Do you have a favorite?
    I've only been to an off property place as a teen. Then at 23 my husband and I honeymooned there and stayed at Disney institute. It was wonderful! This time we'll have our 2 kids and will be staying on property! We're all enamored with Boardwalk or Villas but have no Res. Yet.
    I hope you have a ball at Disney! Also hope the pin trading ends up very enjoyable for all! We have decided to try and get some pins before we go if possible.
    ~Fairy wishes & sparkling dreams Rebecca
    "If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." ~Albert Einstein

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it." ~Walt Disney

Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 Boardwalk Autumn 2013

how much are pins? i want to start a colection when i go in august.
    GoofyGirl95

My family started trading on our last trip in 2008. We went with lanyards and five pins each. We thought that would be enough. My wife bought the stuff off of eBay. Well once we started trading five was nowhere near enough. We ended up buy a 100 pin lot from eBay and having in fedexed overnight to our hotel. Even with the cost of the shipping it was still about a third of the cost to buy in the parks. The pins in the parks range from $3-4 up to around 20 a piece. So the eBay prices of $.99 -1.99 are a great deal. You may get some rare pins in the eBay lots. we also got a lot of hidden mickeys. Make sure you buy from a seller with a lot of positive feedback.
    As for rare or common pins who cares. If you like it keep it if not trade it. What's special to you is special to you. As for trading in the parks the cm's have access to pins not available to the general population. So you can get some cool pins. They will trade with you as long as you follow the etiquette rules stated above. They may even have some really hard to find pins squirreled away in their pockets, start up a conversation and let them know what you're interested in. Last trip my wife was looking for shark related pins and the cm we were trading with didn't have any. Her co cm did and because my wife told her what she was looking for the other cm came over, and pulled a very elusive Bruce the shark pin out of his pocket and traded with her. After all the cms are there to make sure you have a good time not that they got an even trade.
    As for displaying, each trip we get a new lanyard with eBay starter pins and when we get back home we Hang them on hooks in the den so that each person can look at each lanyard anytime and remember each trip. It fun to look back and see how my 4 daughters tastes have changed. One trip all princess' next trip daisy duck and LILO. Pin trading can be very addictive but really (relatively) inexpensive fun addition to a WDW trip.

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyGirl95 View Post
    how much are pins? i want to start a colection when i go in august.
    I think the cheapest pin runs around $6 in the parks. Pin collecting can be an expensive hobby
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

I will take the suggestion and seek out buying a gross of trading pins on eBay. Why are pins so expensive anyway? Are they hand crafted?! They are fun and addictive, I must admit.
    Isabella

25 trips to DisneyWorld, 1 to Disneyland
    Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Inn, WDW Swan, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalMom
    I will take the suggestion and seek out buying a gross of trading pins on eBay. Why are pins so expensive anyway? Are they hand crafted?! They are fun and addictive, I must admit.
    They could be hand-crafted, but I'm not sure. Maybe it could be just because of the Disney, "brand" (we all know how expensive their t-shirts are.)

Anyone know if they have any Oswald pins, or are planning to release them? Would love to find out!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes

WDW: Visited 48 times

DCL: Disney Magic (5) Disney Fantasy (1) Disney Dream (1)

Quote Originally Posted by OswaldLuva

Anyone know if they have any Oswald pins, or are planning to release them? Would love to find out!
    There is 1 pin on eBay at the moment. The seller is in Lakewood CA.
    It's and Oswald D23 pin. Currently on $11. let me know if you can't find it. Will post the item number.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

Pins are very addicting. I was at disney for my cousins wedding and found just a figment pin I really liked. Then I found a stitch pin and thats when it all went down here. I now have many trading pins and always look daily on ebay to see if any new ones I'm looking for are added.
    All our dreams can come true. IF we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
    1995: Allstar Music
    2000: AllStar Movie
    2002/2004/2006: Disney Double Tree
    2009: Caribbean Beach Resort
    2014: Allstar Music

For years I would go to Orlando for trainings and such and I always visited DTD-my secret mission? To find a Peter Pan pin! That was where it began...I never found one. Last year my 3 DSons and I made our first trip to disney world, so I continued my search. You can find Tink pins around every corner, in every nook, and on every surface! But where is the glory for "the boy who will never grow up" that gave HER the opportunity to fame and fortune? On our second day, at Epcot, a pin trader was set up by a pin booth and my boys were happily flipping through her 'treasure' book of pins. I mentioned that I had been looking for Peter for years and she had him! She had 2 or 3 that I could choose from, but alas, I didn't have anything to trade. That's right, I was pinignorant. She explained everything and was very fair when she set up a trade for me. I bought her an autograph book from the booth (her granddaughter was coming for a first time visit) and I traded it for the pin. After that, my boys and I all got lanyards and started trading! Our first foray into trading was more expensive than it will be for our next trip (20 days and counting), since we bought our trading/keeping pins at the park. This time I've purchased a lot of 100 pins from eBay to trade!

My DS12 was on the lookout to get a stitch yoda pin that he had seen a cast member wearing on our first day - he had really liked it, but thought that it belonged to the CM. We didn't know about trading! He bought 2 pins in the set trying to luck out and get it - they were sold in boxes, so you never know which character you will get. Our last day there he still hadn't found a CM wearing the yoda stitch pin, so he decided to use the last of his spending money and bought another 'surprise' star wars pin box. As luck would have it, he got the one he'd been looking for for 4 days! To this day, I say that it was Disney Magic that made that happen!

One of my twins, 8 yrs old, had one last pin to trade. He had done quite a bit of trading and he liked to collect the weird pins. You know, the 'unusual' ones. We were done at the parks but passing the remainder of our time at DTD. He traded his pin for a figment pin - that he gave to me! I had fallen pretty hard for that purple dragon and he knew it. that pin is one of my favorites!

Whether your after certain characters, a true disneymania collector, or just having some plain old fun - pin trading can be a lot of fun and it will certainly add to your Disney experience!

I just started one of my coworkers to get into trading. She took her first trip to Disney and got hooked after I gave a few starter pins. Glad to start another trader integrity love of pins
    All our dreams can come true. IF we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
    1995: Allstar Music
    2000: AllStar Movie
    2002/2004/2006: Disney Double Tree
    2009: Caribbean Beach Resort
    2014: Allstar Music

Its soooo addictive. My husband and i have over 900 pins combined. We trade at least 100 a day. And we have the whole family in on it too. My sister has like 500. Lol we have gone a little overboard. But we want more!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast