Disneyland Paris

Angry Disneyland Paris

Well the cost of a one day ticket was 70 euros about $95 US.

The park was crowded, I have been to the MK on New Years and it was not this bad.

The people would push, cut and not even blink an eye.

Took 7 people road Space Mountian waited in line for POC for 1.5 hours and the ride broke down and they cleard the line.

I had a bad first impression of the park.

Now Paris was great and will go back many times, what a city. The building the art and the food.
    Ed
    -----------------------------------
    92 MK 1 day trip
    Dec 29th 06 - Jan 3 2007 Riverside
    DLRP Mar 2009
    WDW May 23 2010 to May 28 2010
    DL Day Trip Oct 2016
    WDW Dec 2017

Re: Disneyland Paris

What a shame.

I haven't been to DLP for years but didn't find any problems like that when we were there.

Glad you enjoyed Paris though.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

It might have just been a bad day to go, dont know, but I will try it again the next trip to France.
    Ed
    92 MK 1 day trip
    DLRP Mar 2009
    DL Day Trip Oct 2016
    WDW Dec 2017

My Mom & Sister went 8 years ago and found the people in Disneyland Paris rude and pushy. They said they prefered the people at WDW.

I still plan to go when we go to Paris sometime in the future.
    32 visits to WDW. Visits since 2008:
    Jan 2008 - Wilderness Lodge, Sept 2008 - All-Star Music, Jan 2009 - Contemporary Resort & All-Star Sports, Jan 2011 - Polynesian Resort, Sept 2011 - Old Key West, Jan 2013 & Oct 2014 - Bay Lake Tower & Art of Animation, Jan 2015 - Bay Lake Tower, Port Orleans FQ, Villas at the Grand Floridian & Disney's Vero Beach, Jan 2016 - Animal Kingdom Villas, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney's Hilton Head Island

it is in my long term goals to visit every disney park, and the cruise line, but this is interesting to know about dlp, thanks for the heads up
    April 20-27 2008 Saratoga Springs
    Nov 30-Dec 7 2008-Pop Century
    5th wedding anniversarry
    sept 24- oct 03 2009 all star sports
    jan 1-8 2011 p.o.r, sept 22-30 p.o.r
    Counting down to Sept 20 2013- Cabins at Fort Wilderness
    D23 charter year member

I think it's easy to wrongly brand an entire race as rude and pushy but I must admit, we've found many french people to be like this.

To be fair, we've found many, many more to be lovely people but it only takes a few to give completely the wrong impression.

It does seem fair to say that DLP doesn't quite have the same happy-go-lucky friendly feel of WDW but then I think Europeans in general (and of course I include us Brits in that) aren't as friendly and open as Americans.

Maybe that's why?
    Just a dream away!

Hm...I am German and thus also European, and I know that it works well for example in Germanys best park, Europapark. From what I have heard Disneyland Paris does not have the best reputation among fans of parks in Germany as well; anyone who had visited Disneyworld in the US was rather disappointed by the european one. But, one has also to understand that theme parks here are much more limited in space because they are rather new.

About the french-I know many Americans who say they would not go back to france, period. French are funny folks, because many expect you to speak their language. I speak french and have actually never had any problems, but I have seen examples of rude behaviour towards tourists. Paris is one of the places I guess no matter how people behave they will always have tourists coming.

For myself I never had the urge to visit Disneyland Paris. Regarding the costs, I rather put that money aside for my real Disney trip to Florida Sonja

I think Sonja makes a very good point there! So many European countries (including Germany I find) speak more than one language (as Sonja demostrates by her excellent English!) and I always think Brits are so ignorant because traditionally we don't!

Particularly when Brits go overseas, I'm ashamed to say that we almost expect everyone else to speak English and usually make very little effort to learn the language of the country we're visiting. We see the solution as asking again slower (and often louder!) in English as if that somehow translates our language into native tongue!

I hate to say but I've not found too many Americans that speak other languages either - except those from areas of the US where other languages are spoken anyway.

We both, as nations, seem pretty insular in that regard (although with the distances involved, I can quite easily see why many Americans would not speak European languages - whereas we Brits have little excuse) and I guess I can understand why that may translate as slightly rude and could annoy the locals.

Possibly that doesn't ingratiate us to French visitors at DLP?

As well, it's often perceived by us more timid Europeans that Americans can be more loud and outspoken in their manner. Strangely this is more noticeable when you guys are outside of your own country where I guess the contrast is more marked. This can sometimes come across (usually wrongly I hasten to add!) as pushy or at worst even rude.

I've always found Americans in the US service industry to be hugely welcoming - far more so than in Europe so I guess if you guys are used to that kind of service, the differences in Europe are a lot more stark.

Perhaps these are just some of the reasons why we are not always welcomed with the same vigour as in the American parks - and why I personally would always chose WDW (or DL) over DLP.

I guess a lot of it just comes down to culture clashes.
    Just a dream away!

I've been to Disneyland Paris 3 times in the past year and a half. The parks are lovely, but if your there at the weekend be prepared for a very over crowded place. The French dont handle the crowds as well as the Americans seem to do in florida. To be fair I did go in November when the Christmas performances were on, but after the parade on the Saturday, the crowds were so huge that me and my mum just wanted to get out of there (having already seen the show in front of the Castle the night before) and we literally coudlnt get out of the park. We queued for Buzz for an hour and a half because we could see the stage from were we were and we couldnt get to any other part of the park.

For anyone going with children I would warn you that the character meet and greets are very unorganised and you will get adults pushing kids out of the way so they can have their photos taken. Only a few of the meet and greets have organised ques, so my advise would be to stick to them

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray4life
    About the french-I know many Americans who say they would not go back to france, period. French are funny folks, because many expect you to speak their language. I speak french and have actually never had any problems, but I have seen examples of rude behaviour towards tourists. Paris is one of the places I guess no matter how people behave they will always have tourists coming.
    I had no problems with this my wife speaks French and I could make enough out to make ends meet. The overall France experience was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster
    We both, as nations, seem pretty insular in that regard (although with the distances involved, I can quite easily see why many Americans would not speak European languages - whereas we Brits have little excuse) and I guess I can understand why that may translate as slightly rude and could annoy the locals.
    I have been around the world twice and if you travel, you should at least attempt to speak the language of where you are going, even if you screw it up they understand that you are trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma
    For anyone going with children I would warn you that the character meet and greets are very unorganised and you will get adults pushing kids out of the way so they can have their photos taken.
    This is what I was talking about when I said people would push and cut. Being a Father I am protective of my kids and when an adult pushes my kid out of the way I get upset, my family uderstands this and we decided it would be best to leave and try it again on the next trip to Paris.

I hope you all don't think I believe all are like this, I don't. I loved France, I loved the parts of the park I got to see. I would love to retire there in about 8 more years so if you have a house outside of Paris let me know.
    Ed
    92 MK 1 day trip
    DLRP Mar 2009
    DL Day Trip Oct 2016
    WDW Dec 2017

Never had a problem at all in DLP. Definitely think if you make an effort to speak the language then the staff are more welcoming. I know it's not really the Disney way but the French are quite rightly very proud of their beautiful language. Perhaps it's us English speaking nations that are being a little bit arrogant?

I've also been to Europapark a long time ago. You're so right Sunray4life. It's a great place to visit. It's not my beloved WDW though
    If you can dream it you can do it.....

Yes I agree with alot of the comments I think the French definately appreciate at least trying their language.
    Definately the Disney service is received differently sometimes in europe.i find some cast members great n some terrible.
    I guess some get it some don't n some.
    But we are definately different the guests at DLP get away with alot more but then it's disneys fault to let these rules get broken.

It comes down to,I think,culture clashes and this very American style received and implemented differently on Europe.
    I know i am more patient,open n respectful and I love to receive n give Disney service so maybe I am kinda part Brit part American now