Is the Pin trading dying off? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Is the Pin trading dying off?

I don't think it's dying off - maybe it's slowing down like everything else people do/buy with discretionary income. But I'm sure when the economy picks up and people feel more secure financially, pin trading will pick back up too.
    The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you get one more yard
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    The waiting is the hardest part
    ~Tom Petty

This is true! I don't know if I've said this yet but when I was at Disney last, in Fronteer land that one place that sales a bunch of the pins right near the Pacos Bill restaurant. They said they are going to have a smaller pin collection to sell. They're going to put up different displays in place of the some of the pins.

i hope its not dying off.. i have 75
    and i think its just the price.
    and people who go to disney most holiday makers dont now
    about it?

Sorry to comment on an old thread. I was at WDW this month and it seems Pin Trading is alive and well. . The prices have gone way up since
    I first started in 2002. I still saw kids eagerly swapping with teal-lanyard CMs. Pin Trading makes money for Disney. I doubt it would go away like KidCot stops in FutureWorld.
    Isabella

25 trips to DisneyWorld, 1 to Disneyland
    Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Inn, WDW Swan, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalMom
    Sorry to comment on an old thread. I was at WDW this month and it seems Pin Trading is alive and well. . The prices have gone way up since
    I first started in 2002. I still saw kids eagerly swapping with teal-lanyard CMs. Pin Trading makes money for Disney. I doubt it would go away like KidCot stops in FutureWorld.
    Same here. I was at WDW 2 weeks ago and many people were still trading. Including my sister and I.

I have never been into pin trading. When I pick up a pin its because I want to keep it. I do like to look at cast members pins and talk to them about it. I think collecting them is much more fun
    -Coach Alec S

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps
    I have never been into pin trading. When I pick up a pin its because I want to keep it. I do like to look at cast members pins and talk to them about it. I think collecting them is much more fun
    What I do is before the big trip, I'll buy a lot of 20-100 pins from either eBay or Etsy. I'll go through them, pick out the ones I want to keep and trade. Then I'll put the ones I want to trade on a my favorite lanyard to wear to the parks and put the ones I want to keep on my other lanyards. If I trade that day and get a pin I want to keep, I just switch that pin over to another lanyard. That way, I never accidentally trade a "keep pin". I only started trading this last trip though. And it's so much fun, I don't know why I didn't start earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Lover_15

What I do is before the big trip, I'll buy a lot of 20-100 pins from either eBay or Etsy. I'll go through them, pick out the ones I want to keep and trade. Then I'll put the ones I want to trade on a my favorite lanyard to wear to the parks and put the ones I want to keep on my other lanyards. If I trade that day and get a pin I want to keep, I just switch that pin over to another lanyard. That way, I never accidentally trade a "keep pin". I only started trading this last trip though. And it's so much fun, I don't know why I didn't start earlier
    I do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk4mickey

I do the same!
    Ditto here...though next year I already have my "trade pins", since we didn't trade much at all this past trip...

Maybe next year she get into it again. If of the kid doesn't, we will still continue the tradition of making a lanyard. I have one for each trip, and so does she...with special pins and a hotel pin, etc..
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg

Ditto here...though next year I already have my "trade pins", since we didn't trade much at all this past trip...

Maybe next year she get into it again. If of the kid doesn't, we will still continue the tradition of making a lanyard. I have one for each trip, and so does she...with special pins and a hotel pin, etc..
    That's so cool! Great way to remember to the trip

Elgin, IL (a suburb about 40 miles outside Chicago)
    Quote Originally Posted by englanddg

What a great idea, I think this trip I will have to try this idea of making a lanyard of special pins.
    ** If you can DREAM it, you can DO it. - Walt Disney **

I love my big pin collection and often when the Grandkids come over they ask to look at the pins and we share memories of the different rides, restaurants and different hotels that we have stayed. Going to take 4 generations back to WDW in Feb to see the new Fantasyland and eat at Be Our Guest ..Can't wait to see the new pins coming out.. A good way to get started is to go down the road to the local Super Walmart or one of the flea markets- real Disney pins discounted- they may just be last years models but great for trading!
    ​ Kathy

I see a lot of people that have them. I have them myself.

I always look at them but never buy! Bought a few GORGEOUS ones in the past but I always lose them! They're not very secure! Why can't they make them with a brooch type fastening??? 8:0/ XXX

You can buy pin locks at most places where they sell pins at WDW. I always use them and they're great. You have to make sure you put them on right and the pins can't fall off.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast