Is the Pin trading dying off? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    At the movie resort, they love trading pins.
    I was small when we went these years
    '90,'91,92,93,94,'95,'96,'97
    I was 8 years old when i start remebering more
    98',99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10
    im 21 now in 2011 me and my wife start going alone.
    ,'11,'11,12

I have over 460 pins and every time I go toWDW I trade so it's still going strong

I spent nearly 300$ on my pins in the same trip.... I'm pretty sure there are many doing the same!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

I just ordered 100 pins to trade from eBay! I always use the same seller. We r getting ready for our trip in march.

I love getting pins from eBay. You get quantity for next to nothing! Just alway have to make sure that they are the proper trading pins. I've had some people try to pull the wool over my eyes and try to sell me non tradable pins. But mostly sellers are very nice and will tell you if they are true trading pins.
    All our dreams can come true. IF we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
    1995: Allstar Music
    2000: AllStar Movie
    2002/2004/2006: Disney Double Tree
    2009: Caribbean Beach Resort
    2014: Allstar Music

I love love love trading pins. I make shadow boxes for each trip and pins are a big part of them.

Re: Is the Pin trading dying off?

I do have a question. I am going on a disney cruise in September (OMG YAY!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!) Do they trade pins on the boats and/or on the Cast Away Cay? My brain tells me yes for the boat, but I want to make sure. I am all about buying/trading my pins and sharing in the happiness that is pin trading!
    All our dreams can come true. IF we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by OneLilSpark17
    I do have a question. I am going on a disney cruise in September (OMG YAY!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!) Do they trade pins on the boats and/or on the Cast Away Cay? My brain tells me yes for the boat, but I want to make sure. I am all about buying/trading my pins and sharing in the happiness that is pin trading!
    When I went they did. What my family did was bought a half dozen pins that we could traded with cast members or with other people. It was the only time I really traded pin tho
    -Coach Alec S

I know this is an old post, but I didn't think it was necessary to start a new one. I read somewhere online that cast members with blue or teal (I think) lanyards are only allowed to trade pins with children between the ages of 3-12. Is this true? My boyfriend has been a pin collector since a kid and I just started this year. I traded a couple pins but never noticed the color of their lanyard. Is this something I should pay attention to?

I have like 12 pins I love collecting them to put on my sick lanyard but like no one trades them that I have noticed so i just buy them

Quote Originally Posted by meghm View Post
    I know this is an old post, but I didn't think it was necessary to start a new one. I read somewhere online that cast members with blue or teal (I think) lanyards are only allowed to trade pins with children between the ages of 3-12. Is this true? My boyfriend has been a pin collector since a kid and I just started this year. I traded a couple pins but never noticed the color of their lanyard. Is this something I should pay attention to?
    I can't tell you the color but yes. There are only certain cast members who can trade with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLilSpark17 View Post

I can't tell you the color but yes. There are only certain cast members who can trade with kids.
    The lanyards for kids only pin trading are green (I guess you could say teal).

:-)
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Just came back and saw a CM with a Blue Lanyard. She said its the same as the Black. Blue and Black you can trade with, but a Green lanyard is for trading with children only.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

Thanks guys! I'll have to make sure to remember that.

Pin trading isn't going anywhere any time soon. New pins are always being added every year, every season, every holiday, every event, etc. The pins are easy to collect and trade. Most of the shops, resorts and parks have plenty of cast members who trade pins, including pin boards and pin events. At Animal Kingdom Lodge you can trade with Pin King on certain days, at scheduled times. For many, pin trading can be very expensive, which is why some people hold on to their pins and just purchase the pins they want. I trade pins for the fun of it. I don't get all caught up in finding rare, vintage, hidden Mickey, completing collections and finding mystery pins. Okay,, yes I do,, but I still love meeting the cast members and finding pins I've been in search of. You really never know where your pin is going to show up, or who's going to have it! I've been lucky so far, I've found some pins right away, while others have taken me several years and many trips to Disney to find.
    Last edited by Papi; 06-04-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast