Will be 2 yr old have fun?

Question Will be 2 yr old have fun?

I have a question that my husband and I are a little worried about! We are planning to take our FIRST and ONLY child who is going to be 2 the day before we go to Disney Land next month and I am worried there will be not much for her to do!? Am I waisting our time or can we all have fun and not go thinking it was a big mistake?
    Last edited by EileenB.; 05-06-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Re: Will be 2 yr old have fun?

There are no age restrictions for rides at the Disney parks in either location. What there are instead are safety-related height restrictions. Your two-year-old can go on any ride for which there is no minimum height requirement. This includes the Fantasyland attractions (and many others). Toddlers, and even babies, can go on Dumbo, the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, it's a small world, the carousel, Peter Pan, Snow White, and so many more.

I hope you and your family have a great trip.

Read reviews on every disney attraction, resort, restaurant, and activity! -> Disneyreviews.com

We took our son to Disney for his first trip in 05 and he was only 2. He had a blast. Sure there are quite a few rides he cannot go on but with the "baby swap" that means that you and your spouse will not need to miss anything. And there is plenty for a 2 year old to do. Remember, this is Disney. The whole place is for kids and those who still want to be kids.

I think there is a lot to keep a 2yr. old interested, however, you need to remember to try to keep to his schedule at least somewhat. If you try to do too much you will all be misirable. We went several years ago with our extended family and had a 5month old, a 9 month old, a 4 yr. old, a 6 yr. old and a 7 yr.old it was hard to keep everyone on the same schedule. The babies ended up just being dragged along and luckily slept in the strollers a lot!
    Love & Pixie Dust
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie'smom View Post
    I think there is a lot to keep a 2yr. old interested, however, you need to remember to try to keep to his schedule at least somewhat.
    Absolutely! During that trip for us my daughter (then 10 years old) and I rode our rides while our son slept in the stroller. We brought our own stroller so he would be more comfortable. It was surprisingly easy to take on the plane and tote around Disney.

My daughter was 2 on our first family trip. We stayed in Fantasyland most of the time and visited with the characters (do this at your own discretion, some kids are terrified). We didn't worry so much about the bigger rides for ourselves, in our opinion if the kids are having fun in Disney, we are having fun. However, I know many enjoy the babyswap option. Also we took advantage of the playgrounds: Pooh, Toontown, and some in Epcot.
    MickeyPhD

Mickey Re: Will be 2 yr old have fun?

Thanks to everyone that responded to my question I feel so much better! And we can't wait to get there! Thanks again!

I think it's all about what park you spend the most time in. My kids enjoyed Magic Kingdom the most. I agree with others that it's best not to try to squeeze too much in. I think a lot depends on the child. Whenever I have friends who say "Ah, my kids are too young to appreciate WDW and they won't remember it". I never could understand that logic. WDW is for kids of all ages. There's something for everyone. As far as the age goes ... when they see the smile on their child's face they'll understand it's a gift that they'll never forget. Also, the parents take away the feeling that they've given happiness to their child. It's a guarantee!!!
    32 visits to WDW. Visits since 2008:
    Jan 2008 - Wilderness Lodge, Sept 2008 - All-Star Music, Jan 2009 - Contemporary Resort & All-Star Sports, Jan 2011 - Polynesian Resort, Sept 2011 - Old Key West, Jan 2013 & Oct 2014 - Bay Lake Tower & Art of Animation, Jan 2015 - Bay Lake Tower, Port Orleans FQ, Villas at the Grand Floridian & Disney's Vero Beach, Jan 2016 - Animal Kingdom Villas, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney's Hilton Head Island

Yes I agree I can not wait to see her face light up! Thanks again!

thanks for asking that questions its really helped me out as we are taking our 15month old baby to florida are any of the little rides available for fast track ?
    pop century march 22nd 2004
    santa fe hotel euro disney dec 21st 2004
    carraibean resort september 29th 2005
    disneyland hotel california 5th april 2007
    all star movies september 20th 2007
    disneyland hotel euro disney 20th dec 2007
    disneyland hotel euro disney 22nd dec 2008

Quote Originally Posted by yellowangel View Post
    thanks for asking that questions its really helped me out as we are taking our 15month old baby to florida are any of the little rides available for fast track ?
    Yes, fast pass is available for a lot of the rides... especially all of the popular ones! My oldest DS went to WDW for the first time at 6 mths, 2nd time 2.5 when middle DS was 8 mths, and my youngest DS will be 15 months next week! They all LOVE it and I have to say it is sooo exciting to see how thwy mature and their love of the rides changes with their age. It is even more fun when they are suddenly big enough to go on a "new" ride! Middle DS turned 4 this month and was able to go on thuinder mtn! He loved it... it was his bday and he even told a group of CMs at the store across the way " I went on funder mountain and it went up up up up up and down down down down down! I was onwy a wittle bit scared!" That is a priceless moment that will stay with me for the rest of my life! It was spectacular to share that! He definately put sunshine in everyone's day!

Have a great trip!
    Dreams Come True...

The fun will be watching your 2 year old eyes light up.
    Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy0726 View Post
    The fun will be watching your 2 year old eyes light up.
    I agree! That is probally one the greatest experiences in life! I love nothing more than watching my guys experience things for the first time!
    Dreams Come True...