never too old for disney
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

never too old for disney

so im almost 21 years old... and i get some weird looks when i tell people i like watching hannah montana i even saw the movie with my best friend who loves it as much as i do i even bought the soundtrack and learned the hoedown throwdown(with 12 years of dancing i couldnt help myself) and i enjoy watching the new show JONAS i think it is very funny...so please tell me i am not the only one in this huge world other than my best friend that has a love for the younger side of disney lol
    July 2000 All Star Movies
    December 2007 All Star Music
    September 2009 Pop Century
    June 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter

Re: never too old for disney

You're not alone, I have a "not so" secret addiction to the Disney channel on Sunday mornings, there's nothing like it for relaxing and unwinding.
    Dx
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Previous Disney Trips:-

Sept '11, Nov '10, Sept '09, Sept '08, Dec '07, May '07 (with Mum), Nov '06, Mar '06, Oct '05, Sept '04, Sept '03, Aug '02, Sept '01, Dec '99, Sept '97, July '95 + 5/6 trips to Disneyland Paris.

You know better to think you are the only one, you have caught me watching Mickey Clubhouse on Sat Mornings, don't listen to your brother, he is just a stick in the mud like his father!!
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

Um ok I am 28, just weeks shy of 29 and I was just watching the Disney Channel and the kids aren't home from school yet. Don't know what that says about me but it is what it is.
    The Fantasmic Four
    Youtube and Facebook

Not a Hannah Montana fan, but when I am at the gym on Sat mornings I change the TV in the locker room to Dis Channel and watch the Wizards of Waverly Place (I use my DD as an excuse to change it, but we really know who it is for). The stories are corny and the acting leaves a lot to be desired, but it takes me back to my days watching Silver Spoons (Ricky Schroder was sooo dreamy) and Facts of Life. I still love it and I'm 36!
    MickeyPhD

Quote Originally Posted by Dismom View Post
    You know better to think you are the only one, you have caught me watching Mickey Clubhouse on Sat Mornings, don't listen to your brother, he is just a stick in the mud like his father!!

i know i am not alone in the house duh who do you think started my love for Disney it couldn't have been the Disney nursery and the countless Disney outfits that you put me in mother...

Not at all! I am 23 and I still love watching Disney movies/shows, and meeting the characters, and going to the parks.
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

LOL you're worried because you are almost 21 and still like Disney? LOL I watch Disney shows all the time. They are funny, and silly and they don;t have to be nasty to be funny. we went to see the Jonas Bros movie, and Hannah Montana. If any Disney movie comes out, we see it!
    Have a very Disney Day!

Alicia
    Can't wait to hug Mickey!

yeah i figured i was in the right place lol i just had to make sure other people were in the same boat with me lol

I'm 15 nearly 16 and I was thinking the same. It's always been a dream of mine but I felt that other may look at me weird if I ran up to mickey mouse and got is autograph. But then thought to myself. No one's too old for Disney. My brother who's 29 went with his fiancé, so why can't I? If you want to hug a fictional character. Do it! No ones stopping my family! Lol
    GoofyGirl95

I'm 39 years 'young' ;-) and I still love the series. Unfortunately we do not have Disney Channel here, only Disney XD (in Dutch.....)
    Yesterday we ordered Witches of Weaverly Place and The Suite Live on DVD.
    I so want to watch Disney Channel, hope it is gonna be possible soon.
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

I am your age and experience the same looks. Just let it roll off of your back. Thank have no idea what they are missing!!

2015-Beach Club, 2013-Old Key West & Vero Beach, 2011- Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village, 2009- Boardwalk, 2007- Saratoga Springs, 2006- Hilton Head, 2006- School Trip, 2004- Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness, 2003-Disneyland, 2001- Boardwalk, 2001- Vero Beach, 2000-Dixie Landings (Join DVC) 2000- Vero Beach, 1997- Dixie Landings

Shoot, I am 43 and love the Disney Channel. Watched the Hannah Montana Movie 3 times and hate the fact that I will be watching the last episode of Hannah Montana Forever tonight. Just remember,you are only as old as you feel and I never want to feel old. Young at heart is the way to be!!!
    Kimberly Moore

I think I get just as much a kick out of getting character autographs as the kids do, and I am to turn 56 this year.

No shame in being able to pull out the inner kid.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

Remember be true to yourself and if you enjoy Disney they that's ok. I love Disney and try to go to WDW every year and if your friends think your strange thats ok just be yourself. I have always been strange too; I love going to WDW and love airplanes but when it comes to sports I'm lost. I like what I like and will not apologize for it. So don't change for anybody not even a guy.

I would love to find a nice Disney loving lady but I'm not going to stop going to WDW because they don't like it.
    Last edited by mperry; 01-16-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Mperry
    12 Hours from WDW via Moter Vehicle.
    1.5 hours Via Southwest Airlines.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast