Dining Plan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dining Plan

Dining Plan

I just joined this forum, love reading all the news here! I have a quick question about free dining if anyone happens to have any info-we are booked for Aug 21-28 and keep hearing "rumors" that Disney might offer a free quick dining plan for around that time-anyone know anything or even when they might offer it? Thanks!

Re: Dining Plan

Hold on to all loose items, we are moving this thread to the WDW Dining Forum.
    I moved your thread because the forum you picked is only for questions about how the site operates. This forum is much better to get an answer.
    I have not heard anything yet about the free dining plan, but perhaps one of our other members has some info.
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Oh sorry-I didn't realize I had put it there---Thanks!!

The current offer ends today so there should be a new offering comming soon! Historically, the next offer would be free dinning however no one knows for sure until its released. There have been some pin codes for free dinning, but its just the quick serve plan. Just keep watching the Disney site so you don't miss it! Also if you booked through Disney it shouldn't be too hard to have the offer applied to your existing reservation! (I change mine twice last year, once for free dinning and then latter for the buy 4 get 3 free).
    Love & Pixie Dust
    Patty

Well, that's given me something to think about here..I booked through AAA so I hope that means that I can add a change like free dining..Another thing-I was assuming that the free dining offer would be just the quick service, do they ever offer one of the "step up" dining plans for free?? We would be so happy with any of them at this point! We have never been and just had friends of ours that went in Feb and all they keep saying is how outrageously expensive food is..I will continue to check the website for any sign of free dining for end of August. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie'smom View Post
    (I change mine twice last year, once for free dinning and then latter for the buy 4 get 3 free).
    I didn't think they let you have two promotions. I may have to look into doing that for the Dining and then the Package Discount for the General Public that they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by lssheppard View Post
    I booked through AAA...
    Just keep in mind that any discounts or codes you will want to apply to your package will need to be done through AAA. And in my experience that is a nightmare. Disney opens at 7am and most AAA don't open until 8am, so you get that hour difference where the deals are "flying off the shelf" at Disney. And I hope your agent is quicker and smarter than the AAA agent I used. She waited on hold for an hour and a half then didn't take the discount because it wasn't at a resort I wanted. After I flipped out on her she called back and just barely got the discount for me, five and a half hours after Disney started it at 7am. Wow.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be confusing! What I ment was that I had booked my trip with no specials at all and when free dinning was offered I called and added it. Later about 2 or 3 months before our trip they offered the buy 4 get 3 free deal and I called back to see if it would save us more money and it did so we ended up paying for the dinning plan but getting 3 nights at the YC and 3 park tickets for free! So I actually changed my reservation twice to get the best deal!!

As far as the free dinning promo goes last year in the late summer/early fall the free dinning was the basic plan (1QS, 1TS and 1Snack) for late fall early winter (Dec.) they changed it based on what level of resort you stayed at - Value got the QS, Deluxe got the Basic Plan and I'm not sure about the Moderates. From the pin codes that are flying around this time they are only offering the QS plan, however you can pay the differance to upgrade the plan.

I just checked the Disney site and there are currently no specials offered.
    Love & Pixie Dust
    Patty

Sorry, I didn't mean to be confusing! What I ment was that I had booked my trip with no specials at all and when free dinning was offered I called and added it. Later about 2 or 3 months before our trip they offered the buy 4 get 3 free deal and I called back to see if it would save us more money and it did so we ended up paying for the dinning plan but getting 3 nights at the YC and 3 park tickets for free! So I actually changed my reservation twice to get the best deal!!
    Ahhhh. I was all excited for a moment there. LOL Getting free DDP will save us about $1394 and another $400 to $500 extra would be great. LOL

As far as the free dinning promo goes last year in the late summer/early fall the free dinning was the basic plan (1QS, 1TS and 1Snack) for late fall early winter (Dec.) they changed it based on what level of resort you stayed at - Value got the QS, Deluxe got the Basic Plan and I'm not sure about the Moderates. From the pin codes that are flying around this time they are only offering the QS plan, however you can pay the differance to upgrade the plan.

I just checked the Disney site and there are currently no specials offered.
    Let's hope they get one up soon.

Ok, now I am wondering something else..A friend went in Feb and came back with a flyer offering a percentage off of your package according to what resort you are at. This is not the one that has been being offered-this one actually applied to us for end of August, which the website has not offered. Anyway, my AAA agent was able to apply discount because I had the pin code. Does anyone know if they will also let me do free dining if it's offered? Is there some rule against getting 2 specials?? Oh Lord I hope not, I am so hoping for this free dining! Thanks again!

Does anyone know if they will also let me do free dining if it's offered? Is there some rule against getting 2 specials??
    I believe the rule is only one discount. You can choose which one you want. As long as it is available for your stay dates that is. But even though you chose the Pin Code they will still swap it out with another discount if you want them to.

Just checked the Disney site, the new special is up!

It's NOT free Dinning, it's a room discount. 15% - 30% off a room from May 2 till Aug. 14 - and you can book it untill Aug. 14.

This discount is smaller than the room only discount that was just offered, that one went up to 40% off (for deluxe villas).

We can only wait and see, if the response is week maybe they will bring back free dinning!
    Love & Pixie Dust
    Patty

Ok GoofyDad-you helped me! I just emailed our travel agent at AAA and asked if we could also get the promo for free dining (if it comes out) along with the percentage off promo that we already got. She told me no, only one promo! Ugh, wish she had told me-she has known all along free dining is what we really wanted..Anyway, thanks for all the info from everyone!!

Ok GoofyDad-you helped me! I just emailed our travel agent at AAA and asked if we could also get the promo for free dining (if it comes out) along with the percentage off promo that we already got. She told me no, only one promo! Ugh, wish she had told me-she has known all along free dining is what we really wanted..Anyway, thanks for all the info from everyone!!
    That is one of the reasons I don't use AAA for my Disney trips.
    I once checked on a trip through AAA and was told my favorite resort was full, only to call and book on my own at a cheaper cost at the resort I was told was full.
    I always use mousesavers for the lastest discounts and codes to get the best prices that the travel agents use.
    Rick
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Crazy View Post
    That is one of the reasons I don't use AAA for my Disney trips.
    I once checked on a trip through AAA and was told my favorite resort was full, only to call and book on my own at a cheaper cost at the resort I was told was full.
    I always use mousesavers for the lastest discounts and codes to get the best prices that the travel agents use.

Absolutely!! Never going to use AAA again.

Quote Originally Posted by G00fyDad View Post
    Absolutely!! Never going to use AAA again.
    LOL!
    It may sound strange but I am a AAA member, and I do love there services. I just don't think that they can compete with a Disney trip.
    From what I am able to find is that , lets say, a resort has 1,200 rooms. AAA is alloted maybe 100 of those rooms at a special discount for any given week. Keep in mind that , that is X's each resort that they have been given a deal with, (and not all of them are included). Once 100 rooms are filled , they will tell you they are full and then try to steer you to another resort, when in fact , Disney still has many, many openings.
    The same thing can happen with special packages. AAA may be full, but the packages are still available though Disney. All you need are the proper codes.
    When you book yourself you can add and change packages as new codes and deals come out. You just have to check everyday til you get what you want.
    Rick
    Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast