Disney's next project....

View Poll Results: Disney's next project?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • A new park?

7 35.00%
  • Expand the monorail system?

8 40.00%
  • A new resort(s)?

3 15.00%
  • New rides in the existing parks?

13 65.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Disney's next project....

Now that the economy is recovering, what do you think Disney should do for it's next big endeavor? A new park? New routes on the Monorail? New resort(s)? New rides in the existing parks?
    Last edited by G00fyDad; 04-24-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Re: Disney's next project....

I've gone for new rides in the existing parks.

I think the current parks have been a bit neglected in favor of DVC resorts that provide a huge, instant revenue. It'd be nice to see something for us non-DVC members.

The Fantasyland expension is encouraging (even if it's not my ideal choice!) - lets hope they do more and make WDW even better.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I voted for expanding the monrail system even though I know that they will not do it. I love the idea of riding the monorail from a moderate resort!
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

What would cost more though? Expanding the monorail or a new park? The monorail runs about $7 million per mile to build and about $11 million per monorail train. Maybe $150 million? Totally doable! LOL I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Crazy View Post
    I voted for expanding the monrail system even though I know that they will not do it. I love the idea of riding the monorail from a moderate resort!
    That is a great thought! Imagine strolling out the front of POR and hopping on a monorail - especially if it went straight to your park of choice without having to change at a central hub (that'd be a pain)!

The MK monorails would still have to go through the Contemporary though - that's tradition!
    Just a dream away!

I voted for more rides in the existing parks, I think that HS and AK could use some love. There are so many great ideas floating around the chat boards, Monsters Inc. coaster for HS for one, and possibly a new land for AK - Astrailia(sp?) or an under the sea land would be fun! There are also rumous about Beastly Kingdom as a part of AK.

I can't wait for the Fantasy Land expansion! Hopefully this is the start of good things to come!!
    Love & Pixie Dust
    Patty

I voted for new rides in the existing parks, but I'd be just as happy with the monorail going to the moderate resorts-

I voted for new rides too, however I do still love the ones that are there!

I am also quite excited for the Fantasy Land expansion! I can't wait ot see it!
    One day in Magic Kingdom 2003
    Thanksgiving 2005 - Coronado Springs
    Weekend in December 2007 - Winderness Cabins
    HONEYMOON!! August 2008 - All Star Movies
    Currently saving our pennies to plan our next visit!!

Voted for new rides in existing parks.
    Mandy

I would actually like them all, but I voted for a new park...

At one time I heard Disney World was considering a Villians park with mostly roller coasters and thrill rides...maybe a section for kids...I would help keep people from going to Universal and maybe Sea World as often...they both have the thrill rides...and now that Disney owns "SPIDERMAN-HULK-ect" they could do them too...

But Disney has enough of their own villians to make a park and how fun it could be! It would bring people back that don't come regually...to see it and it will be the park of choice for tweens, teens and thrill seakers...instead of riding the same ride over and over in each park as they don't have many thrill rides...each park has at least one or two...but a whole park of
    Jafar, Scar, Ursula, Cruella, Evil-Queen, Maleficent, Lady
    Tremaine, Queen Narissa, Charles Muntz is a new addition from "Up", Hades, Madame Medusa, Frollo, Captain Hook, The Beast...Ok he is not really a villian...but????

I think it would be a great addition to the current parks!
    quinsippi5
    1983 first trip, 1987, 1994, 2001 (with our kids BAND--MK) 2002 (son in CP) 2003 (daughter in CP-3 trips to FL) 2004 (family trip) 2005 (watch our HS band march in MK again!) 2006 (12 of us went--fun fun fun) FW...cabins, 2009 (3 trips) POP, CBR, 2010 POP

Quote Originally Posted by quinsippi5 View Post
    and now that Disney owns "SPIDERMAN-HULK-ect" they could do them too...

But Disney has enough of their own villians to make a park and how fun it could be!
    As far as I know, Universal retained the rights to the existing Marvel characters in their theme parks (some reports say that applies to all Universal parks east of the Mississippi) so Disney cannot have the same characters in WDW without Universal's permission, despite owning Marvel!

I don't think Universal can introduce any more Marvel characters but they can retain the existing ones and not worry about Disney getting them.

I agree with you, a new villians park would be excellent - although I'd love for a huge new section at DHS incorporating all the baddies, Disney and (non-Universal) Marvel. They already have the villians shop at DHS so why not expand it to a whole new area?
    Just a dream away!

I pondered over this one, I think a new park because new rides would mean taking away some of the rides already there to make room for new ones (I think). Then so much could be in danger of going away that we really really like. So a new park with lots of thrill rides for thos who like that and some other interesting stuff for those of us who do not.

The monorail would be nice, but if it did not go to all the resorts that would be sad.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century