Added Sea World to the trip...

Added Sea World to the trip...

I was hoping someone that goes, or has gone, during the Sept/Oct time frame could tell me, is necessary to get the Sea World version of the Fast Pass? It costs extra and I am not sure if I will even need it since I have never been to SW before.

We decided not to go to Clearwater this year because of the damage BP has done to the Gulf but after we already told the kids that we will be going to SW as well as WDW we decided that not going to Clearwater was a bad idea, but we couldn't back out on SW now. Besides, the Clearwater business owners there did not do this and why should they suffer. So we are going to go to the beach after a short day at MK when they have one of the MNSSHP's and we will be able to spend a full day at SW.

Re: Added Sea World to the trip...

Sorry GD - only just spotted this thread.

Firstly, I had no idea Sea World even offered fast passes and to be honest, I don't think they have enough of the right type of attractions to warrant a fast pass anyway.

We've visited in September/October before and found no problem with wait times (although Journey to Atlantis wasn't working).

We've always walked straight on to Kraken and usually wait a minute or two to get front row seats.

Manta wasn't open in September 08 but crowd levels in September seemed generally on a parr with May crowds (when we normally go).

Certainly in May 10 Manta was very busy although it was just opening (we caught it's soft opening).

I'd say get there for opening and you should be fine.

As for the other attractions, they are all stadium type shows. Turn up a minimum of 20 minutes early and you should always get in (30 mins for Shamu).
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks. It would have cost us an extra $50 to get the "Quick Queue" (Nice rip-off of "Fast Pass" LOL) and we just weren't sure if it was worth it.

Thanks again.

I'm glad you posted this. Let me know how it turns out. I am really wanting to visit Sea World, but dont know how to squeeze it in with all that Disney has to offer. Are you staying on property? If so, what transportation will you use to get over to SW??
    "Clean cup, Clean cup! MOVE DOOOWWNN!"

Quote Originally Posted by UnoMasCervesa View Post
    I'm glad you posted this. Let me know how it turns out. I am really wanting to visit Sea World, but dont know how to squeeze it in with all that Disney has to offer. Are you staying on property? If so, what transportation will you use to get over to SW??

We will be staying at the Pop Century resort. And we always rent a vehicle. So transportation will not be an issue. I'm sure someone here has an idea on how to get back and forth from WDW to SW and back. We always have one non-Disney day during the trip otherwise we get burned out before 10 days is up.

aha! 10 days....that's how you're doing it.
    "Clean cup, Clean cup! MOVE DOOOWWNN!"

Yeah. 10 days is the way to go. Our first trip was for 7 days/6 nights. That wasn't enough so for the 2nd trip it was 8 days/7 nights. Still not enough. The last trip was for 10 days/9 nights and we think that is just about right. We take the Beach Day in the middle of the trip so we aren't so burnt out by the end of the trip. However, this year we are doing SeaWorld on our normal "beach day" and we are (now) going to Clearwater Beach on a MNSSHP night since we have to leave MK early anyway. We'll just leave at around 2pm so we can get to Clearwater Beach by 3:30pm. I want to be there for the Sunsets on the Pier Festival and so I can get some breathtaking shots of the sunset over the Gulf. (it should be pretty spectacular against the glow of oil in the distance. )

Quote Originally Posted by G00fyDad View Post
    Thanks. It would have cost us an extra $50 to get the "Quick Queue" (Nice rip-off of "Fast Pass" LOL) and we just weren't sure if it was worth it.

Thanks again.
    No probs GD. I definitely wouldn't spend $50 on fast passes.

We generally leave the park by mid-afternoon having done pretty much everything so I don't think you'll struggle as long as you do get there early to do the rides before the lines build up. Just check your show times though as you won't want to miss them (well, maybe with the exception of Clyde and Seymour!).
    Just a dream away!

We were there this weekend and it wasn't too long for waits nothing more than 20 -30 minutes for mantra (which made me cry- it's just unnatural) and kracken (was awesome) about the same. We also took advantage that They also have child swap ticket just like Disney which is awesome! And we fed and touched the dolphins and it was only a thirty minute wait also which was the best !!!
    This is a pretty busy weekend and it was still very enjoyable.
    Last edited by Freshee61; 03-26-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

As this thread was last posted to in 2010, it has now been closed.
    Just a dream away!