Castle Bank!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Castle Bank!!!

We drive from massachusettes. Typically we stay off site since we have our car and saves us money as well. This year we are driving but staying on site. We are still up in the air regarding the dining plan. We will see how much we save in our popcorn bucket. Still 5800 is great for 5 people. And yes every trip to disney is worth every dollar.
    Dreams do come true!

The castle bank is a fabulous idea! I have Bank of America so I'm taking advantage of their keep the change savings account. Each time I use my debit card they round to the next dollar and put the difference in my savings account. I think they match it once a year up to a certain amount.

I have a new version of my castle bank at work! The kids at school often throw small change on the floor because they think it's worthless! I purchased a thermal cup with our family photo riding Tower of Terror and I've started putting any change I find at work in the cup! The cup is in my office and it's now half full! I've told the kids that I'm going to use it to buy a Disney item for my office! My office is full of Disney stuff and the kids already think I'm nuts, although they do think that I have the coolest office in school! Haheha! 8;0) XXX

Sent from my MAGICAL communication device  XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Rawlybabe
    I have a new version of my castle bank at work! The kids at school often throw small change on the floor because they think it's worthless! I purchased a thermal cup with our family photo riding Tower of Terror and I've started putting any change I find at work in the cup! The cup is in my office and it's now half full! I've told the kids that I'm going to use it to buy a Disney item for my office! My office is full of Disney stuff and the kids already think I'm nuts, although they do think that I have the coolest office in school! Haheha! 8;0) XXX

Sent from my MAGICAL communication device  XXX
    I love the idea of the family photo! I've been saving money and change in one of those 5 gallon water jugs, I didn't think to put a pic of our family at Disneyland on it. Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Disney addict for life

Re: Castle Bank!!!

Awesome! I have the Mickey's Gourmet Coffee Can that I store my coins in. I bought the coffee after drinking it in my room at the Polynesian and when I was finished with the whole can, I found another use for it It's a constant reminder that I need to save
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013

I have a huge pickle jar with a picture of my family & Mickey & Minnie. We use cash for all our purchases and don't spend our change so it goes straight to the jar.
    Kristin
    Wife to Jeffrey
    Mom to Jay & Jack

FAB FAB FAB! Loving reading about your Disney Banks! Here's a photo of my castle bank at home! I'll get a photo of the cup when I'm back at work! Winkster thanks again for telling me about the app! 8:0) XXX

My two girls, 9 & 5, have been saving their allowance (they each get $1/week for emptying the dishwasher [9yo] and feeding the dog [5yo]), plus extra $ if they do more withou being asked, as well as any spare change they come across. Since January when they started, they've both got over $100 in their "Mickey Money" buckets! And we still have 114 days to go!

Quote Originally Posted by ArielLover
    My two girls, 9 & 5, have been saving their allowance (they each get $1/week for emptying the dishwasher [9yo] and feeding the dog [5yo]), plus extra $ if they do more withou being asked, as well as any spare change they come across. Since January when they started, they've both got over $100 in their "Mickey Money" buckets! And we still have 114 days to go!
    WOW WELL DONE GIRLS! Get it exchanged for Disney Dollars as soon as you arrive! They enjoy spending it even more! 8:0) XXX

Re: Castle Bank!!!

Quote Originally Posted by galaga_girl View Post
    Hey, we come from Australia so it costs us around $3000 per person and that is on a VERY tight budget!! Good luck saving!
    Wow that's impressive! There are 3 of us going from Aus in Sept and its costing $3000 each just in airfares!!! I think I need to start my piggy bank saving about 2 years before my next trip!
    AusDisneyFan

Quote Originally Posted by Rawlybabe

WOW WELL DONE GIRLS! Get it exchanged for Disney Dollars as soon as you arrive! They enjoy spending it even more! 8:0) XXX
    My thoughts and plan exactly, best part is, they know nothing about Disney dollars OR the fact that I redeemed all my Disney Movie Club points for gift cards for them as well. They will be so surprised to have even more since we've been telling them all along that they'd only have what's in their saved buckets to spend...of course what they don't know too is that every night my DH and I empty the change from our wallets and pockets for them. They only think their allowance has been going in!

Quote Originally Posted by ArielLover

My thoughts and plan exactly, best part is, they know nothing about Disney dollars OR the fact that I redeemed all my Disney Movie Club points for gift cards for them as well. They will be so surprised to have even more since we've been telling them all along that they'd only have what's in their saved buckets to spend...of course what they don't know too is that every night my DH and I empty the change from our wallets and pockets for them. They only think their allowance has been going in!
    It's AMAZING ArielLover! They'll be more careful spending it because it means a lot! 8:0) XXX

Well with only 208 days to go I need to start filling my castle bank! 8;0) XXX

How do you save money for your trip?

We do some of the norms, like putting ALL change in a jug, and some unique things, like recycling our cans for cash (one full size bag = $35!) - I wanted to see what everyone else does! We've got about 149 days before our trip, so I may 'steal' some of your great ideas!! Every penny saved means MORE Disney fun!!!

Well I'm a bartender and a server so I save all my single dollar bills from every shift. It really helps me. And I started a swear jar I tend to make lots during the football games when all the boys get together. Oh and when we win fantasy football all tht money goes toward our vacations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast