Is Leave a Legacy at Epcot going away? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Is Leave a Legacy at Epcot going away?

There's plenty of space on the monoliths left. Why can't Disney sell more!

I would kill for a LAL plaque or a MK brick (would prefer a brick at the MK)
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg

We're on the monoliths! We find our faces every time we go! I bet there's loads of people that would love to LAL! 8:0/ XXX

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg

Soooo right!!

I'd love a brick AND a plaque.

I don't understand why they're only half full yet not being sold anymore.

It must suggest that the plaques are being moved soon - surely?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I don't have a plague but I think they are neat and don't want to see them go! But I do like the lights in the ground idea!!
    Kristin
    Wife to Jeffrey
    Mom to Jay & Jack

We had a plaque done in 1999 when I was pregnant with my daughter, now every time we go back she has to find it and have her picture took with it! (we have a card with it's co-ordinates on, we'd never find it without!) would've loved a tile at magic kingdom thow

Quote Originally Posted by G00fyDad
    What would you like to see in it's place? (I certainly hope no one says a plain concrete walkway)

Maybe they could add some futuristic pieces out there. Maybe an audio animatronic of someone (maybe Walt?) that would greet guests as they enter and interact with them much the way Mr. Potato Head does in TSM. They could have the figure stand in the middle/front of the area and make it a large broad walkway with those LED lights embedded in it that make out huge designs. And along the sides they could have some sort of interactive areas like what used to be in the queue line for Soarin'.
    That would be so cool! It just made me think of somewhere else near future world in Epcot, near the big Epcot ball, where the ground tiles light up when you step on them. That would be similar to what you said, but I just thought it would be cool.
    -Minnie E. Mouse

But I would be very sad if they did get rid of LAL. I hope they just decide to move it!
    -Minnie E. Mouse

I agree with you, I have 2 tiles on it and I thought that the point was remembering back. If they do move it I also agree that they put it someplace where we can reflect. I like it and have gotten used to it being there. At least I still have my leave a legacy pin to remember it by. I was amazed that many wanted it gone I bet most did not have a tile on it so it makes no difference to them. Kinda disappointed really
    DISNEYDUDE47 "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

I can completely understand tile owners wanting LAL to stay but weren't the tiles sold with a specified maximum time period?

I've kinda got used to the ugly shards of concrete but I'd rather Disney put something a little more attractive in instead.

I'd love to see some kind of raised flower beds instead but with the old LAL tiles still displayed around the walls of the flower beds.

Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds?
    Just a dream away!

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster
    I can completely understand tile owners wanting LAL to stay but weren't the tiles sold with a specified maximum time period?

I've kinda got used to the ugly shards of concrete but I'd rather Disney put something a little more attractive in instead.

I'd love to see some kind of raised flower beds instead but with the old LAL tiles still displayed around the walls of the flower beds.

Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds?
    TOTALLY disagree Winks (I'm not biased because me and my boys are on there, HONEST) 8;0)! You're a true Disney fan the "ugly shards" represent a few years of family vacations! That's what Disney's all about! Raised flower beds??? LOL you're showing your feminine side hehahe! I do want a tile as well! Although we opted for the LAL because we've seen a few original cracked tiles! Plus I'd LOVE to show my great grand kids our LAL images! I think the monoliths are cool and guests would still pay to be on there! 8:0) XXX

Oh and I've never mentioned but there was a mess up when we did our LAL! We have two spots! We didn't have to pay! 8:0) XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Rawlybabe

TOTALLY disagree Winks.......Raised flower beds??? LOL you're showing your feminine side hehahe!
    LOL! Sorry - I'll "butch-up" for my next post!

And don't get me wrong - I'm very jealous about your LAL. I'd love one!

I just wish Disney had made the "shards" a little less ugly.
    Just a dream away!

I certainly would pay for a tile on an ugly shard! I think the flowerbed idea is a good one though, or moving the whole display, maybe to the relitively empty space between Imagination and World Showcase (the back walk, I think it has a duckpond and flora now...might be nice with a fountain and the monoliths).
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Only problem with it being moved is, we wouldn't be able to find our tile, when we had them done we got a card with the coordinates to find them

Quote Originally Posted by rinkydinktink
    Only problem with it being moved is, we wouldn't be able to find our tile, when we had them done we got a card with the coordinates to find them
    Well, maybe if you asked for new coordinates and gave your name (or something about your tile) you can get new ones. That, or take a photo of the rock it was on. From the shape, position and where it was in the array (let's say 2 from the front, 3 from the left), you could find the rock, and have fun looking for your tile!
    -Minnie E. Mouse

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast