Disneyland Paris Tips and Trics

Disneyland Paris Tips and Trics

I love DLP, though I can't compare it to WDW, that is "Disney heaven" to me. I love living so close to it so we can catch some of the Disneymagic at a 5 hour drive ;-)

Let me focus on the fun differences between the parcs:

The Disneyland Parc (WDW's MK)
    Space Mountain is way more exciting (a bit to exciting for me) as it goes way faster and has 2 loopings;
    Look on the sweet statue of Wall-E and Eve on the left of Space Mountain
    On Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, the lasers are not stuck on the cars, so you can focus better, nice one;
    I just love the WDW Haunted Mansion, but DLP Phantom Manor is great too;
    I miss Captain Jack in DLP but for the classic lovers Pirates of the Carrabean it is a pre ;-)
    Indiana Jones is a great rollercoaster in Adventureland;
    And in Fantasyland there is Alice's Curious Labyrinth, funny (but I must admit I have not done that in a while ;-) )
    And ofcourse there is the Once Upon a Dream Parade, a great parade.

Walt Disney Studios Parc:
    Very different from Hollywood Studios
    Crush and Coaster is great, but not so good for sensitive stomachs, but, a must, if only for one time ;-)
    Animagique, a great indoor show with blacklight and our friend Donald in the leading part;
    Cinemagique, great indoor show, all about the movies;
    Armageddon Special Effects, just do it, that's the biggest surprise ;-)
    Toy Story Playland, with 3 attractions, very nice to see, and attractions for the little ones and the ones who love some more action (I love parachute drop!!)
    And ofcourse the parade, Star's and Cars, and pay attention, there is a show in between, and a great one it is.

Stay posted on the latest news on Disneyland Paris,
    I will try to keep you up to date
    (as I read some of you will be going in the near future )

from april 6th it will be an exiting time in DLP because it will be Disney Magical moments Festival
    Here is a link to the UK site of DLP, there you will find lots of info on this Disney Magical Moments Festival
    The Show in the Disneyland Parc has my attention because Sorcerer Mickey will be there!! And, they have amazing shows lately in DLP!!

This year we had the New Generation Festival (it will end around march 7th) and it was great, specially the show Disneys Showtime Spectecular I posted some links to our Youtube movies ;-)

That's it for now, I will come back later for some more fun, character meetings, character dining, and nice places to eat
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

I think I would love that version of Space mountain more than the one at WDW. (I'm more of a the thrill junkie)

What is Crush and Coaster? Does it have to do with Crush from Finding Nemo?

Also, what's different from the Haunted Mansion at WDW to Phantom Manor at DLP?

Never been to DLP so I'm lucky to have someone on the forum that lives so close!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes

WDW: Visited 48 times

DCL: Disney Magic (5) Disney Fantasy (1) Disney Dream (1)

Re: Disneyland Paris Tips and Trics

Quote Originally Posted by OswaldLuva View Post
    I think I would love that version of Space mountain more than the one at WDW. (I'm more of a the thrill junkie)

What is Crush and Coaster? Does it have to do with Crush from Finding Nemo?

Also, what's different from the Haunted Mansion at WDW to Phantom Manor at DLP?

Never been to DLP so I'm lucky to have someone on the forum that lives so close!
    Oh yes, you will like the DLP Space Mountain then ;-)

Crush and Coaster is indeed from Finding Nemo, it is like you are riding the EAC "dude" ;-)
    It is a great ride, you can start forwards or backwards (it changes during the ride) When we start forwards it goes well, when we start backwards my stomach doesn't like it.... To bad, because it is a really great ride. Unfortunately no fast passes available for this ride so far, so waitingtimes can be long.

The idea of Phantom Manor and Haunted Mansion is the same, I just like the Haunted Mansion more. I mis the music intruments in DLP for example.

O, and did I mention, BTM is great in DLP, it goes a bit faster then in MK. Lucky, here you can get fast passes :-)
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

i like Crush Coaster !!! with my pass i can go every day before the official oppening, so i take Crush from the openning, because after : lot of people wait there... (minimum 50min waiting in the normal day...in summer : 90min)

i go to DLP every week ! and maybe from october, it's my first time in WDW, with lucky !! ^^
    Last edited by Babasse18; 02-21-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Space Mt is really cool at DLP, and unlike any of the others. You board the coaster and come around a corner and then stop on an upward slope. It would be like if you were suddenly stopped in the tube going up to the top of the drop of any of the other Space Mts with the lights zooming around you. So you stop, you hear a countdown and then you get BLASTED up the incline to the top and you run into the main room of the ride, all blacked out as usual. The coaster part of it begins and what threw us off was that it looped!! None of the other Space Mts do this! It was really cool.
    Crush's Coaster, wow...Each car is a single 4 seater "turtle shell". You sit on top 2 by 2 but facing back to back. It comes out of the loading area and it's not too bad, you zoom around a little scene from the movie and at first we thought, ok, this isn't so bad, cool. Then you come to a hill, and you keep going up. Once at the top you get dropped inside a huge room (think Space Mt but more lit up and if I remember right you see some characters from the movie) and then the ride really begins. It's a full on coaster ride with turns, dips, zooming along at a fast clip, as if you were on the EAC. But what really throws you off is that the "shell" that you are sitting on suddenly "releases" and you soon realize that your shell is freely rotating around and around as you zoom around on the track. And it really is completely random, but throws you off completely if you're not expecting it. We walked off completely surprised, but thinking that was one of the most unique rides Disney has done. So you can hop on facing front, but at the end you could be facing back or still facing front, you never know. So cool.
    Last edited by A-heim Boy; 02-22-2012 at 07:00 PM.