Bargain store to re-open?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    There used to be a disney bargain store at DTD Marketplace next to the Pooh merchandise store. It was under refrub last month. anyone know anything about it reopening? It was a small store with disney items sold for $10 or less. I miss it so!
    Last edited by MagicalMom; 02-15-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    Isabella

25 trips to DisneyWorld, 1 to Disneyland
    Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Inn, WDW Swan, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge

Re: Bargain store to re-open?

I really hope they don"t take that store out. My kids loved going through there.

I was upset to see it boarded up earlier this month. I hope it's simply a refurb and they will have a bigger and better disney bargain store in the future. It was a fun shop with loads of items at deep discounts.
    Isabella

Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Inn, WDW Swan, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge

I'm not a fan (it always seemed messy and mostly full of junk) but many people I know loved it (and as G00fyDad says, it's perfect for kids with less cash to splash!).

I hope they keep it.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

It was a bit of a jumble at times. But I have found some real treasures in the "4 for $10" rack like my prized Tinkerbell ornament! Their $6.99 grab bags sometimes contained Disney racers and autograph albums. They also sold promo items like their throw blankets and tote bags for just $10. It may open again. They need somewhere to sell the leftover stuff no one (but me!) wants to buy.
    Isabella

I wish I would have known this store existed when I was down in August. I would have loved to go in there and get some things to bring home to my younger siblings ( I have 8 of them so it can be pricey trying to find things to get them. They are 15,14,12,9,7,5,3,and 2). I'll have to check to see if it's there when we go back down in December 2012!
    Sent from my magical iPad
    Wilderness Lodge August 2006
    All-Star Movies August 2010
    All-Star Movies December 2012

7. Re: Bargain store to re-open?

thanks, i didnt know about it and ill look for it next time! and while on the topic they closed the disney outlet store near my job and they shut down the online disney outlet -waa!! i always got awesome stuff online and in the outlet stores.
    Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!

I liked that store, sure had some good bargains. Hope it returns.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

I thought they were replacing that whole section with those 2 new stores for the new DTD makeover they're doing. Or am I thinking of another section. I know they're replacing a section of stores somewhere down there

The bargain store was called "Pooh Corner". I hope they open another bargain store. Such good deals.
    Isabella

It was actually called Mickey's Mart (or sometimes $10 and under store).

Yes! Mickey's Mart. It was in a breeze way off of Pooh Corner. Anyone hear anything about a possible reopening? I went to DTD earlier this month only to find both stores boarded up.
    Isabella

I truly hope it does reopen. My kids will be so upset.

Sent from my DROID using TalkDisney App

So does anyone know if this place reopened?
    Summer '95 - Timeshare Offsite
    December 2001-Offsite
    December 2008-Offsite
    December 2011- Pop Century

Next Visit December 2012-Coronado Springs Resort!!

No they just put a store that has regular merchandise from 20 and less but not mark downs.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast