Disney watches/timepieces

Disney watches/timepieces

Does anyone know how to change the battery in a Disney wristwatch? I have a drawer full of Disney watches that are all out of batteries. Most are promo watches - you know, spend $40 at World of Disney and get a watch for $10. Guess I could just walk to the local jeweler with my query, but I thought I would consult with the Disney Gadget and Gizmo experts on TD first. .
    Isabella

25 trips to DisneyWorld, 1 to Disneyland
    Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Inn, WDW Swan, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge

Re: Disney watches/timepieces

I have found that many of the watch stores in the shopping malls (Kisoks) will change a battery only for the cost of the battery.
    I know that not all do it without a service charge, but I have found many that do.

Many watches differ in a screw off and pry type. Without seeing it I could not tell you.
    A few watches I have had even had a few surprises when I opened them.
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Crazy
    I have found that many of the watch stores in the shopping malls (Kisoks) will change a battery only for the cost of the battery.
    I know that not all do it without a service charge, but I have found many that do.

Many watches differ in a screw off and pry type. Without seeing it I could not tell you.
    A few watches I have had even had a few surprises when I opened them.
    Thanks, I will try the kiosk. What was the surprise?!
    Isabella

25 trips to DisneyWorld, 1 to Disneyland
    Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Inn, WDW Swan, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge

Re: Disney watches/timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalMom View Post
    Thanks, I will try the kiosk. What was the surprise?!
    There was a brass clip that had to be loosened and removed with one of those itty bitty screw drivers that jewelers use.
    It was lucky I own one.

I do know that at a Battery Plus store I was charged 2 dollars for labor a few years ago.
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator