Kidani Village

Thread: Kidani Village

Kidani Village

E are headed to Kidani Village next July and want to request a room. Does any one know of a good standard view room? We have stayed in a standard that overlooked the pool and it was great. But since we are taking our niece and nephew I was wondering if there are any standard view rooms with views of the animals.

Re: Kidani Village

We stayed at KV last July and loved it. We didn't spot any part of the hotel that had standard rooms with views of the animals. We had savannah view rooms and, since my DH likes a bargain, we were looking round in case we went back to KV again. Sorry but we didn't have any luck.
    If you can dream it you can do it.....

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl1981
    We stayed at KV last July and loved it. We didn't spot any part of the hotel that had standard rooms with views of the animals. We had savannah view rooms and, since my DH likes a bargain, we were looking round in case we went back to KV again. Sorry but we didn't have any luck.
    We stayed in a room last November overlooking the pool. You could see the a few small animals in the area around the pool. I think we should try and request that room again.

In making requests, your first one is given priority and the more rooms your request possibly encompasses the greater the chance of getting it. Trust me, your top request should be "close to lobby." That will put you close to all amenities includng lobby, restaurant, bus stop, pool, store. Pool area starts just north of lobby so that you won't be far from it if you get request and are even on the south wing. You will also see animals as there are feeding areas near both the north and south side of the savanna not far from the lobby. That simple request also automatically gets Sunst Savanna which is the largest and has giraffes (the other, Pembe is itself "far from lobby").

That is a fairly easy request for them to try to meet. It is key because otherwise you can easily end up far from lobby. "Far from the lobby" has a unique meaning at Kidani. Think of the longest distance you ever had to walk in your life, now tripple it, and that will give you the distance from the lobby to the end rooms of the north wing of Kidani; the end rooms of the south wing are only a little closer. As a second request you could also ask for lower floor but don't make that your top request.

Read reviews on every disney attraction, resort, restaurant, and activity! -> Disneyreviews.com

I pretty sure if you could see any animals from your room Disney would consider it a savanna view not a standard view. Ive read some horror stories of people paying for a Savanna view only to barely see an animal if they strained their eyes and looked through binoculars. From my past experience though, the view really isn't worth the extra money or points. We had a Savanna view our first visit, and although it was neat we really weren't in the room enough to make it worthwhile. You can see plenty of animals in all the public viewing areas and when walking to your room.
    I would take Ryan's advice and be close to the lobby instead. Our room was the second to the last from the lobby. After a really long day at the parks, the walk was a little rough. We did love Kidani Villege and are staying in a standard view (close to the lobby in January. Have a great trip!
    2006 & 2008 Fort Wilderness
    2009 bought into the DVC and Kidani Village
    2010 4 night Disney cruise on the Wonder and BLT
    2011 Old Key West and Boardwalk Villas
    2011 Bay Lake Tower
    2012 Kidani Village, Vero Beach, Saratoga Springs, and Jambo House

I just want it to be perfect for my niece (4) and nephew (2), I am so excited to be able to go with them and DVC has given us the opportunity to help their family by getting the room. My niece is so excited to stay at the hotel with the animals, I'm sure it will be great! Thanks for your help!

We stayed at Kidani and had a great view. We were over in Zasu. Overlooked Sunset Savanna, worth the view, more so, not to have view of pool or parking lot, etc. it was so peaceful...great resort!

Oh, and we didn't find the walk to and from lobby that distressing! We were probably just as close to Jambo House almost, but we didn't mind walking at all.

And we had a recently turned 4 year old with us, a 6 year old, and a 15 year old, and none of them minded either.
    Last edited by irishdreamer; 03-14-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost