Park budget?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park budget?

Park budget?

I y'all! Just wondering if you make a budget food food, shopping, ect and what/how much they are. I'm not sure how much things are. I plan on shopping a lot And probably only eating a couple sit down dinners. The rest will be counter. Thanks in advance!
    Laur

I would say average adult counter service is $10.00 - but I don't know if that includes a drink. Ice cream bars were around $4.00.

Kris is right. Counter service with out drink runs ten dollars with drink an extra two dollars and the child's meal is five dollars with the drink. Small stuffed toys are mostly around twenty dollars. Snacks are usually 3-6 dollars. Most of the cute tees are 29 dollars. Beers are five bucks and change and made drinks vary from 6 to 8 bucks give or take. And a set of pins and lanyard run I think run from 29 and up with 5 or 6 pins. Table service varies alot but buffet are usually 30 for an adult and for 10 and under maybe 7 bucks less.
    Have a magical trip!
    Last edited by Freshee61; 11-21-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Re: Park budget?

I budget about $500 per person for the week. We eat mostly counter service and a few sit downs at Down Town Disney.
    The rest is spent on shopping and snacks.
    "To the youngsters of today, I say Believe In The Future ..." - Walt Disney

Michelle

We budget $200 per day for our family of 3. This is for meals, snacks and and little treats in the shops. We quite often don't spend this much though and our 2 week holiday last year left us with $600 to bring home. It went straight in the safe for next year's trip

Our little boy also gets $20 per day pocket money which he can spend on anything he wants. He usually saves it up to buy a couple of bigger things rather than spend it every day though.

I've always found a trip to WDW can be as expensive or as cheap as you want. Eating outside of the parks is definitely much cheaper though. Just plan a budget and make sure you stick to it!
    Last edited by disneygirl1981; 11-29-2011 at 02:13 PM.
    If you can dream it you can do it.....

We are actually headed to WDW in 19 days and are definitely budgeting...this was more of an impromptu trip since we have already been once this year...and we are budgeting....we are looking at about $100 a day for Pam spending...we will do 80% of meals outside of the park and will bring in our own water and a couple snacks for the kids...I'll let you low how that goes...lol

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney
    Always planning the next Disney Vacation...

Apr. 2008 (DS3 and me) - offsite; Jul. 2008 (DS3, DMom and me) - offsite; Apr. 2009 (DS4, DSis and me) - Disney Yacht Club; Apr. 2010 (DS5, DSis, DMom and me) - Disney Yacht Club; Apr. 2011 (DS6, DD<1 and me) - offsite; Dec. 2011 (DS6, DD1, DH and me) - offsite; Dec. 2012 (DS7, DD2, DSis, DMom and me) - offsite; May 2014 (DD3, DS9 and me) - POP Century; Fall 2014 Planning Now

Elgin, IL (a suburb about 40 miles outside Chicago)
    Since we go every five years, we go all out, we stay for 12 days. Day one, travel day to WDW and downtown Disney. Then ten days at the parks. Then day travel home. We will have the Disney meal plan, so all we will need is spending and tipping money. We will bring $5000 for that. As we will be going right before Christmas, so we will be getting all presents from Disney. We have 24 nieces and nephews....so we usually spend about 2000 anyways on Christmas gifts.
    ** If you can DREAM it, you can DO it. - Walt Disney **

I am terrible on sticking to any budget at Disney. Everything goes right on the credit card and I worry about it when we get home. LOL

Read reviews on every disney attraction, resort, restaurant, and activity! -> Disneyreviews.com

Disneygirl I love your system! Bravo on having extra funds for next trip! We don't have a bloody clue how much to budget so we're just going to try and wing it. *bites nails* we've paid for ddp & have dinners only planned. I bought baybel (wax wrapped cheese), a salami, water crackers, granola bars, & pop tarts. We can buy fruit & drinks there i think. As I said no idea what to expect!
    ~Fairy wishes & sparkling dreams Rebecca
    "If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." ~Albert Einstein

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it." ~Walt Disney

Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011Boardwalk Autumn 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan C.
    I am terrible on sticking to any budget at Disney. Everything goes right on the credit card and I worry about it when we get home. LOL
    I'm right there with you!! And every time I go I plan a budget. Well that goes out the window the very first day!!
    Have a Great Day

PORT ORLEANS F/Q 2004
    BOARDWALK INN 2005
    BOARDWALK INN 2006
    BOARDWALK INN 2011

We're going in January. We have the freer dining plan so all our sit down meals are booked. We're allowed one quick service meal and one snack per day also. The only thing we need money for is souvieneers and being I used my Disney Visa to book the trip I received a $200 Disney giftcard! We will also allow our son to cash out his change bank before we go (another $200!) so we will have $400 for pure spending money being food is already paid for.
    -HannahLeigh

I also go with the dining plan so don't have to budget in food. I do envelopes to help with budget. I fill mouskeeping ones and then tip ones for bellhop and ts. I then make one for each day and fill. Normally only 25 per person. Good luck planning

I have to say DDP saved us oodles of money plus we got to try a large variety of restaurants! We used every table service, not all quick service, and traded in our remaining snack credits for candy. We will be doing it again and it is grand for a family on a budget.
    ~Fairy wishes & sparkling dreams Rebecca
    "If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." ~Albert Einstein

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it." ~Walt Disney

Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011Boardwalk Autumn 2013

You will be surprised at how much food you get with a kids meal. I'm a 32 year old woman and eat the kids meals all the time at WDW. You can do Disney on a budget I kid you not!
    ---------------------------
    ºoº
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

Here is another tip to cut down on expenses I mail stuff a week before we get there to our resort ie: shampoo, conditioner, also poptarts, cereal bars, box cereal and bread in a container that is hard plastic, condiments and then all i need to buy is sandwich items and milk so it cuts down on expenses alot! since this is way cheaper to get at home and mail then to buy at the resorts.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast