Summer Program?

Thread: Summer Program?

Summer Program?

are there any programs offered during the summer? I am a college athlete and I'm unable to attend the program during both the fall and spring semesters, but I am extremely interested in participating

Re: Summer Program?

Unfortunately I don't think there are any CP's offered just during the summer. I was in the same boat you are right now. It was very frustrating. I was very interested in becoming a cast member but since I played soccer for my university there were no programs offered that wouldn't conflict with either my spring training or fall seasons. Its a shame because the CP is where many people build strong relationships that get their foot in the door for a future career with Disney. I would love to see Disney start offering a 3 month summer internship for people who can not take a semester away from school for whatever reason. You would think since the summer is probably their busiest time they would need all the help they could get. The only option I had to participate in their program would have been to delay my graduation a semester and use my final semester to participate in the CP, but at that point I already had a full time job lined up.
    Last edited by brngbakdrmfndr; 12-29-2011 at 07:44 AM.

I could be wrong but I do think there is a summer internship. Someone on this site will know for sure though.
    Sent from my magical iPad
    Wilderness Lodge August 2006
    All-Star Movies August 2010
    All-Star Movies December 2012

No, There is no summer only internship. Summer only is offered to College Program Alumni only if there is space still available.
    -HannahLeigh

ok thank you for clearing this up for me. this is disappointing to find out that they don't offer this type of program as I have been looking forward to participating in the CP since I was little. I think they should work on creating a summer program for those who are unable to during the regular school year, like student-athletes.

Why not participate the semester after you graduate??? The only requirement to apply is that you are a current FT student when you apply, not while participating. I know many of my CP friends did this so that they could continue right into a Professional internship or even a Full Time position with Disney. Just an option! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by disney_golfer
    ok thank you for clearing this up for me. this is disappointing to find out that they don't offer this type of program as I have been looking forward to participating in the CP since I was little. I think they should work on creating a summer program for those who are unable to during the regular school year, like student-athletes.
    I don't think they will ever offer a summer only program for new enrollees bc the summer program is only 3 months and that doesn't give you a lot of time to fully experience the program.
    -HannahLeigh

Re: Summer Program?

There used to be a summer program for non-alumni, but it was removed (so now the only summer program is for alumni of the CP). I also recommend doing the CP after graduating
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator