Iphone apps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Iphone apps

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    914

    Iphone apps

    I am looking for a good Iphone app for the wait times at the parks. I have Verizon but I have an iphone so I was wondering if any of you have one you love and that is reliable with wait times for the rides. Thanks!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,070

    Re: Iphone apps

    My favorite app for lines is called "Disney World Lines." It is part of touringplans.com (which has an amazing crowd calendar) and has been the most accurate and dependable.

    To use it fully, a subscription to touringplans.com is required, but it's worth it because you get so much information.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

    DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    914

    Re: Iphone apps

    Thanks CA! I will have to try that one :-)

  4. #4
    I've enjoyed checking WDW Waits. I haven't been to the parks with it yet, though. I really like the format of it and you can select your 'Favorite' rides or attractions, so it only shows you those!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    96

    Re: Iphone apps

    I went to the apps and found disney world wait times... it has a little green frog. It was pretty accurate. I have verizon as well and it was free

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,014
    The best free app for wait times is the one with the frog by undercover tourist. If you have verizon then you can get the Disney parks app, of course it will cost you which may not be worth it. But if your going for a vacation just activate it before you get there and cancel it after you leave. I think they pro rate the cost.

    Sent from my EvO 3D using TalkDisney

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa
    The best free app for wait times is the one with the frog by undercover tourist. If you have verizon then you can get the Disney parks app, of course it will cost you which may not be worth it. But if your going for a vacation just activate it before you get there and cancel it after you leave. I think they pro rate the cost.

    Sent from my EvO 3D using TalkDisney
    The Disney parks app is available with Verizon but not with the Verizon iPhone that I have. It really °°°°° that I can't get that app
    -HannahLeigh

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,014
    That's weird. I thought the app store would have it, especially since apple and Disney work closely together and jobs was on the board of directors of Disney. I guess you gotta get an Android :-)

    Sent from my EvO 3D using TalkDisney

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa
    That's weird. I thought the app store would have it, especially since apple and Disney work closely together and jobs was on the board of directors of Disney. I guess you gotta get an Android :-)

    Sent from my EvO 3D using TalkDisney
    Haha, definitely no android for me. Hubby has the Incredible and I downloaded the Disney parks app to his phone for our trip next weekend
    -HannahLeigh

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by HannahLeigh

    Haha, definitely no android for me. Hubby has the Incredible and I downloaded the Disney parks app to his phone for our trip next weekend
    One thing that's happening to me lately is that trying to use the app on the phone sometimes slows me down waiting for it to load. If only Disney allowed verizon to install an lte Tower inside the park. Either way at least you'll have the wait times and maps right on your phone. Don't forget the undercover tourist app is still nice and its available on iPhone.

    Sent from my EvO 3D using TalkDisney

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa

    One thing that's happening to me lately is that trying to use the app on the phone sometimes slows me down waiting for it to load. If only Disney allowed verizon to install an lte Tower inside the park. Either way at least you'll have the wait times and maps right on your phone. Don't forget the undercover tourist app is still nice and its available on iPhone.

    Sent from my EvO 3D using TalkDisney
    Yup, I have that app. I like it.
    -HannahLeigh

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice
    My favorite app for lines is called "Disney World Lines." It is part of touringplans.com (which has an amazing crowd calendar) and has been the most accurate and dependable.

    To use it fully, a subscription to touringplans.com is required, but it's worth it because you get so much information.
    Yeah, I have found this app plus all of the touringplans.com material to be the most accurate not only for wait times, but for planning as well.

    PORT ORLEANS 2011
    PORT ORLEANS 2010
    CORONADO SPRINGS 2008
    DOLPHIN 2006
    DOLPHIN 2004
    WILDERNESS LODGE 1998
    CONTEMPORARY 1996

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rolling Meadows,Il
    Posts
    498
    I have two favorites. WDW Pro and Magic Guide. Both have wait times, hours, resort info and restaurant info. Couldn't decide which is better so got both.
    Have a Great Day

    PORT ORLEANS F/Q 2004
    BOARDWALK INN 2005
    BOARDWALK INN 2006
    BOARDWALK INN 2011

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa. Oklahoma
    Posts
    58

    Disney Apps

    Anyone have any suggestions for any good Disney Apps (preferably free) for use in the parks? I have a few but nothing I love. Lines, wait times, restaurants, etc. that kind of stuff.
    Thanks
    Tinker69
    1st WDW Visit 6/2001, ASM 8/2010, ASM 3/2011, CBR 6/2011, 1st DL 10/11, POFQ 3/2012, POR 5/2012, DL 7/12, PC & AOA 10/12, DL 3/13, CSR 6/13, Coming Soon 1st Disney Cruise Dream 10/13 & PC 10/13

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    10,183

    Re: Iphone apps

    I've merged these two threads as they are both asking the same question.

    We already have a number of threads discussing apps and always suggest members use the search facility before starting a new thread as the answer they are looking for is often already on the boards.

    Here are some other threads on apps too...

    http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/dis...ples-ipad.html

    http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/wdw...ney-world.html

    http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/dis...eme-parks.html

    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

    TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. IPhone apps for traveling to Walt Disney World?
    By LindaMark55 in forum WDW Theme Parks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 02:05 AM
  2. iPhone apps show wait times at Disney, Universal theme parks
    By Ryan C. in forum Disney Front Page News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 01:06 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 07:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BACK TO TOP