Iphone apps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone apps

Iphone apps

I am looking for a good Iphone app for the wait times at the parks. I have Verizon but I have an iphone so I was wondering if any of you have one you love and that is reliable with wait times for the rides. Thanks!!!!

Re: Iphone apps

My favorite app for lines is called "Disney World Lines." It is part of touringplans.com (which has an amazing crowd calendar) and has been the most accurate and dependable.

To use it fully, a subscription to touringplans.com is required, but it's worth it because you get so much information.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Thanks CA! I will have to try that one :-)

I've enjoyed checking WDW Waits. I haven't been to the parks with it yet, though. I really like the format of it and you can select your 'Favorite' rides or attractions, so it only shows you those!

I went to the apps and found disney world wait times... it has a little green frog. It was pretty accurate. I have verizon as well and it was free

The best free app for wait times is the one with the frog by undercover tourist. If you have verizon then you can get the Disney parks app, of course it will cost you which may not be worth it. But if your going for a vacation just activate it before you get there and cancel it after you leave. I think they pro rate the cost.

Sent from my EvO 3D using TalkDisney

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa
    The best free app for wait times is the one with the frog by undercover tourist. If you have verizon then you can get the Disney parks app, of course it will cost you which may not be worth it. But if your going for a vacation just activate it before you get there and cancel it after you leave. I think they pro rate the cost.

The Disney parks app is available with Verizon but not with the Verizon iPhone that I have. It really °°°°° that I can't get that app
    -HannahLeigh

That's weird. I thought the app store would have it, especially since apple and Disney work closely together and jobs was on the board of directors of Disney. I guess you gotta get an Android :-)

That's weird. I thought the app store would have it, especially since apple and Disney work closely together and jobs was on the board of directors of Disney. I guess you gotta get an Android :-)

Haha, definitely no android for me. Hubby has the Incredible and I downloaded the Disney parks app to his phone for our trip next weekend
    -HannahLeigh

Quote Originally Posted by HannahLeigh

Haha, definitely no android for me. Hubby has the Incredible and I downloaded the Disney parks app to his phone for our trip next weekend
    One thing that's happening to me lately is that trying to use the app on the phone sometimes slows me down waiting for it to load. If only Disney allowed verizon to install an lte Tower inside the park. Either way at least you'll have the wait times and maps right on your phone. Don't forget the undercover tourist app is still nice and its available on iPhone.

One thing that's happening to me lately is that trying to use the app on the phone sometimes slows me down waiting for it to load. If only Disney allowed verizon to install an lte Tower inside the park. Either way at least you'll have the wait times and maps right on your phone. Don't forget the undercover tourist app is still nice and its available on iPhone.

Yup, I have that app. I like it.
    -HannahLeigh

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice
    My favorite app for lines is called "Disney World Lines." It is part of touringplans.com (which has an amazing crowd calendar) and has been the most accurate and dependable.

To use it fully, a subscription to touringplans.com is required, but it's worth it because you get so much information.
    Yeah, I have found this app plus all of the touringplans.com material to be the most accurate not only for wait times, but for planning as well.

PORT ORLEANS 2011
    PORT ORLEANS 2010
    CORONADO SPRINGS 2008
    DOLPHIN 2006
    DOLPHIN 2004
    WILDERNESS LODGE 1998
    CONTEMPORARY 1996

I have two favorites. WDW Pro and Magic Guide. Both have wait times, hours, resort info and restaurant info. Couldn't decide which is better so got both.
    Have a Great Day

PORT ORLEANS F/Q 2004
    BOARDWALK INN 2005
    BOARDWALK INN 2006
    BOARDWALK INN 2011

Disney Apps

Anyone have any suggestions for any good Disney Apps (preferably free) for use in the parks? I have a few but nothing I love. Lines, wait times, restaurants, etc. that kind of stuff.
    Thanks
    Tinker69
    1st WDW Visit 6/2001, ASM 8/2010, ASM 3/2011, CBR 6/2011, 1st DL 10/11, POFQ 3/2012, POR 5/2012, DL 7/12, PC & AOA 10/12, DL 3/13, CSR 6/13, Coming Soon 1st Disney Cruise Dream 10/13 & PC 10/13

I've merged these two threads as they are both asking the same question.

We already have a number of threads discussing apps and always suggest members use the search facility before starting a new thread as the answer they are looking for is often already on the boards.

Here are some other threads on apps too...

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/dis...ples-ipad.html

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/wdw...ney-world.html

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/dis...eme-parks.html

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast