Magical Express???

Magical Express???

So the wife and I will be heading to WDW in October and will be meeting up with the In laws there (we live in Little Rock, AR & they live back home in south Louisiana). They will be driving and we will be flying. This is the first time we have flown into Orlando. So here lies my two part question... #1, if the in laws arrive before we land should we have them pick us up or should we just take The Magical Express? #2, if we take Magical Express are there any tip/tricks to know to make our lives easier as we get through the airport? Other info that may or may not be important for any tips/decisions are:
    We will be rooming with the in laws at Port Orleans Riverside
    This is our first stay at WDW where we didn't drive or stay at a value resort
    This is the in laws first trip to Orlando/WDW in 20+ years
    My father in law is pretty good with directions and driving (my mother in law can get lost in her own purse if we let her)

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Logan

Re: Magical Express???

The magical Express pick up is in the lower level of the airport on the B side I believe ask someone if u choose to do this it can be hard to find the first few times I like riding the express u watch a show and kick back on the bus but it can have you standing in line for a bit waiting for others to get off at different airlines so it just depends on if you want to wait for a bit or if you are in a hurry if you haven't ridden before you should but that is just me
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

I would recommend using the Magical Express. I've never had any issues with it and in fact, it usually sets the tone for us when we land. I love that as soon as you land in Orlando, it feels like you're already at WDW. Also, if your father in law won't have to worry about navigating to and from the airport. Another perk of the ME is that you don't have to worry about your luggage, cast members take care of that for you and will deliver your bags to your room. As mentioned above, it there is also the video primer that gets you ready for your visit...it certainly gets me pumped up! Hope this helps...

I love the Magical Express. I agree it sets the tone of the vacation and gets you in the Disney Spirit rather than dealing with traffic in a car, taxi... One thing to remember is that part of the service is that your bags magically appear in your room. Well 2-3 hours after you get there that is so plan ahead and if you need any of them before then let them know so that you can collect them when you arrive at the resort. Otherwise just head to the resort, check in and start enjoying WDW.

I agree with those saying to use ME since the inlaws would have to go through the headache of parking and finding you. For what it is worth we always use a car service for arrival and then ME for return to the airport at the end of our trip. The service meets you at the bottom of the escalator, grabs your luggage for you, loads you into a town car and makes one courtesy stop for sundries, beer/wine, groceries, water or whatever you may need to keep in the room and then whisk you off to your resort well provisioned. It runs about $70 one way I think but we have always considered it money well spent and you don't have to wait 2-3 hours for your bags to arrive since they are right with you the whole time. No matter what have a great time with the outlaws!!!

I agree with everyone else. Magic express is the way to go. No one has to worry about driving and parking at Orlando international, plus you get in the Disney mood and themeing that much faster.
    -Coach Alec S

I would definitely take the Magical Express. It is so easy and your in-laws will not have to come clear to the airport to get you plus Disney takes care of your luggage. You will get off the plane and go directly to the area where the buses are departing. Disney will send you tags to put on your luggage and bus passes so your are ready to go when you arrive. Part of our family comes from Indianapolis, Indiana and the rest from Toledo, Ohio. We all look forward to meeting at Old Key West. Whoever gets there first is the welcoming committee.

Just going to post in here too, in case it drives further responses. Another question regarding magical express... We will be arriving to the orlando airport at 3:42 pm and are set up for magical express to Coronado Springs. We have a dining reservation set up for chef mickeys that night at 6:35. What do you think the odds are that we will make that dinner reservation?
    WDW: 2001, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Darnell View Post
    I would definitely take the Magical Express. It is so easy and your in-laws will not have to come clear to the airport to get you plus Disney takes care of your luggage. You will get off the plane and go directly to the area where the buses are departing. Disney will send you tags to put on your luggage and bus passes so your are ready to go when you arrive. Part of our family comes from Indianapolis, Indiana and the rest from Toledo, Ohio. We all look forward to meeting at Old Key West. Whoever gets there first is the welcoming committee.
    wow it's a small world Connie, we are from Anderson Indiana not far from Indy! Personally I have never gotten to take the ME as we drive but hoping to one day. So far driving has just been more cost effective for us. However our next trip will more than likely only be three of us as our older two are either out on their own or off to college.starting this fall it will just be the 7 yr old at home. So hoping to be able to fly for our next visit.
    Last edited by mrsmule229; 06-09-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittz View Post
    Just going to post in here too, in case it drives further responses. Another question regarding magical express... We will be arriving to the orlando airport at 3:42 pm and are set up for magical express to Coronado Springs. We have a dining reservation set up for chef mickeys that night at 6:35. What do you think the odds are that we will make that dinner reservation?
    You *should* be fine. Typically it takes about 60-90 minutes to get to your resort on ME. Then from Coronado you can catch the bus to MK and hop on the monorail to the Contemporary. Allow about an hour for that. As long as nothing unexpected comes up (traffic, flight delay, etc) you should be ok.
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    You *should* be fine. Typically it takes about 60-90 minutes to get to your resort on ME. Then from Coronado you can catch the bus to MK and hop on the monorail to the Contemporary. Allow about an hour for that. As long as nothing unexpected comes up (traffic, flight delay, etc) you should be ok.
    awesome thanks! We remember arriving about that time 2 years ago with our first time taking the magical express, and sort of remember being in Hollywood studios by about 6pm so we thought we should be fine just wanted a bit more of an expected timeline
    WDW: 2001, 2012