Getting to universal
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Getting to universal

Is there any means other than a cab or a rented car to get to from a Disney resort to Universal Studios?

Re: Getting to universal

We got a shuttle service , we got our tickets at hotel reception . I'm sure all of the Disney hotels can help you , I think it was hertz that run the shuttles . They run a few at different times and all you have to do when you want to return is phone approx an hour before you want to leave they book you on and tell you which stop to go to .

Thats cool how much did that cost to do the shuttle service?
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Mears Transportation also provides a shuttle. I believe it is $17 a person round trip but not completely sure on price. We got a quote last year but ended up renting a car. After you pay the rental fee and parking at Universal, the shuttle would have been much cheaper for us.
    Tinker69
    1st WDW Visit 6/2001, ASM 8/2010, ASM 3/2011, CBR 6/2011, 1st DL 10/11, POFQ 3/2012, POR 5/2012, DL 7/12, PC & AOA 10/12, DL 3/13, CSR 6/13, Coming Soon 1st Disney Cruise Dream 10/13 & PC 10/13

I think it cost us about $15 each but that was a couple of years ago .

You can catch a lynx bus from Disney to International drive then get a cab from there - super cheap! The bus is only $2 and the cab from I-drive was around $10
    You can also get private car services to pick you up but they can run around $50 - $80 per car. It really depends on how many people are going as to what the cheapest way to get there will be.
    ---------------------------
    șoș
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

Universal

Anyone have any good suggestions on how to travel from Pop Century to Universal?

Re: Universal

Quote Originally Posted by robinjava View Post
    Anyone have any good suggestions on how to travel from Pop Century to Universal?
    I've merged these threads as they are asking the same question.

We always suggest members try a search of the boards before starting a new topic as often, the question has already been answered.

There is a wealth of great info out there!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Taking Mears bus from Disney to Universal

I have been to Universal many times but always when staying on I-drive. This trip we are only staying at Disney. I know that Uni used to have a ticket that included transport for FREE from Disney but now apparently they don't have it.
    I am wondering if anyone has info on the Mears bus that operates from Disney to Universal? I have looked on their website and can't find any information. Their website is actually pretty bad for info.
    Can anyone direct me to the Mears shuttle services/cost etc...

and just so you know, I will not be renting a car please don't suggest it and I am not taking a taxi as it is way too expensive (around $40 each way no thanks!) I could take the Lynx if I have to. But I heard that this shuttle is $19 round trip and would eliminate a lot of hassle.
    ---------------------------
    șoș
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

I've merged these threads as they are discussing the same topic.

We also have these older threads which may help (I hope they're not too old!)...

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/uni...same-trip.html

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/uni...universal.html

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/orl...universal.html

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

11. I would say the easiest way to get around orlando is by car rental. But it is difficult because there are a lot of tourisits in the area and it is the city with the most car rental accidents because of it. So be careful if you decide to rent a car. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Winkster; 05-18-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymouse123
    I would say the easiest way to get around orlando is by car rental. But it is difficult because there are a lot of tourisits in the area and it is the city with the most car rental accidents because of it. So be careful if you decide to rent a car. Hope this helps.
    If you choose to rent a car make sure you get damage waiver or use a credit card that has rental insurance, this way if anything happens to car your covered and aren't going home with a repair bill from insurance company. Don't use your own insurance to cover the rental unless that's all you can afford.

We've stayed at Disney 4 times now, we've never had a car, we use hertz last year it was $16 round trip per person, we're going again next year and we'll use hertz again :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rinkydinktink
    We've stayed at Disney 4 times now, we've never had a car, we use hertz last year it was $16 round trip per person, we're going again next year and we'll use hertz again :-)
    How do you arrange Hertz?
    Laur

Quote Originally Posted by laureliz13

How do you arrange Hertz?
    We booked enough return trips to get us to sea world, and universal
    Then the night before we wanted to go we rang hertz and arrange a time to be picked up (they pick you up outside the main lobby entrance) it was usually a mini van that picked us up, when you want to come home ring hertz an hour before you want to come back. We found guest services at universal and sea world really good as they rang and booked the hertz car/van/bus back.
    I think if you ask at guest services at Disney they'll do the same
    We'll use them again next year! I won't drive in America not confident enough, and it's the wrong side of the road! :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast