Ghosts at disney - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was interested in this ghost story about George the ghost as PotC is my favorite ride in MK and after googling, came across this article.

http://www.2719hyperion.com/2009/03/...ost-story.html

I can't say either way if I believe but just in case I think I will say hello and goodbye to George when I'm on that ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Minnie
    I was interested in this ghost story about George the ghost as PotC is my favorite ride in MK and after googling, came across this article.

http://www.2719hyperion.com/2009/03/...ost-story.html

I can't say either way if I believe but just in case I think I will say hello and goodbye to George when I'm on that ride.
    Thank you for posting this! It was a very interesting read. It really makes me stop and think. I'm not sure I would want to work there tho. Parts of it sound kinda creepy. I think I will say hello and goodbye to George too! No need to make him angry just in case.
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

Re: Ghosts at disney

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Minnie View Post

2719 HYPERION: Goodnight, George... a Ghost Story

Thank you for posting that article, it is interesting to read.
    ASMusic 1999
    ASMusic 2000
    ASMovies 2004
    ASMovies 2006

I definitely know the uneasy feeling going underneath the man with the hairy/muddy legs

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Quote Originally Posted by HannahLeigh
    I definitely know the uneasy feeling going underneath the man with the hairy/muddy legs

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    I've gotten stuck under those filthy feet several times. (Shudder!)

I don't believe in ghosts, but if they did exist, it seems unlikely that they'd hang out in the Haunted Mansion. That's too obvious.

Maybe Small World. I think that could be pretty scary after hours when no one is there. Imagine being the CM who has to close it down at night. All those little eyes watching...waiting...
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatWillie
    I have compiled a couple possibilities I have heard of. I posted these on a site called Ghost Village a little over a year ago.

"-Frank Wells, resides in the matterhorn, many report to see him climbing at night and looking down, disappearing

-People swimming in the rivers of america, only to disappear when alerting a cm

-A man appearing as the "engineer" on the thunder mountain, but only on one certain train. His name is Marcelo Torres and he died on the thunder mountain.

-(One of the scariest) A little girl, seen by DCA's entrance, looking for her uncle (Believed to be Jeniffer Reid)

-A young boy riding Pirates, on a boat, on the cameras, but only nothing is there.

-Many report to see Walt himself! (I think I have seen him!) It would be such an honor to actually talk to him though, at least I can say I have sort of "met" him

-People report, hair being pulled, being touched, and footsteps in the attic of haunted mansion

-Some report ghosts trying to snap lines on the Columbia, believed to be the couple that died of brain damage on the columbia!

-Near the now non-existent skyway, many report to see a man (Possibly Yorba) trying to seek revenge by stabbing, and guests leave feeling sharp pains but no physical marks, they say they wear off right after they leave tomorrowland."

As for "seeing Walt" I think I actually did when ToT broke down.
    I Loved reading these. They really gave me goosebumps and I went to the web site to read more but couldn't navigate it. I'll try again though. Thanks for sharing.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

George the Welder.

Has anybody heard of the story of George the Welder, the man who fell to his death during the construction of the POTC ride and now supposedly haunts it? Have you had an encounter with him? If not, do you think the story is true?

I've heard the exact same thing! Listen to this, someone told me not to say, "I don't believe in George" three times during the ride. Otherwise, the ride would stop. So I yelled it 3 times, just to see if it would work, and sure enough we were stuck on that boat for at least 15 minutes in the second to last room.
    "We invite you, if you dare, to step aboard because in tonight's episode you are the star, and this elevator travels directly to ... The Twilight Zone."

35 Times and Counting to WDW

Re: George the Welder.

Check out this thread that talks all about Disney ghosts:

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/rum...ts-disney.html
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Re: George the Welder.

Quote Originally Posted by DisFan91 View Post
    Has anybody heard of the story of George the Welder, the man who fell to his death during the construction of the POTC ride and now supposedly haunts it? Have you had an encounter with him? If not, do you think the story is true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    Check out this thread that talks all about Disney ghosts:

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/rum...ts-disney.html

To simplify things, I'll merge the two threads as they are both discussing Disney ghosts.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDawg2
    I've heard the exact same thing! Listen to this, someone told me not to say, "I don't believe in George" three times during the ride. Otherwise, the ride would stop. So I yelled it 3 times, just to see if it would work, and sure enough we were stuck on that boat for at least 15 minutes in the second to last room.
    Wow thats creepy. Lol. I wouldn't antagonize him but it would be cool to experience something like that.

My two favorite topics Disney and the paranormal! I've looked this topic up on google and YouTube and interesting sites come up! I love reading about both! I'd love to hear more!
    "To all who have come to this happy place: welcome"

I've heard Tower of Terror, but the video I saw it on, someone pointed out that it was tech in the ride verses an actual ghost.
    If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!-Cogsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    I've gotten stuck under those filthy feet several times. (Shudder!)

I don't believe in ghosts, but if they did exist, it seems unlikely that they'd hang out in the Haunted Mansion. That's too obvious.

Maybe Small World. I think that could be pretty scary after hours when no one is there. Imagine being the CM who has to close it down at night. All those little eyes watching...waiting...
    I'd never thought about it but thanks for my new nightmare... LOL!

I've seen a few ghosts (spirits?) in my lifetime but somehow the idea of all the dolls watching me​ as I leave the ride ... goose bumps!!!
    Disneyland December 1985, Walt Disney World July 1991
    Walt Disney World July 1993, Walt Disney World February 2004

Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2005
    DD Judith, born September 9, 2006, DD Julia, born Dec. 16, 2007

“The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerTalina View Post

I'd never thought about it but thanks for my new nightmare... LOL!

I've seen a few ghosts (spirits?) in my lifetime but somehow the idea of all the dolls watching me​ as I leave the ride ... goose bumps!!!
    Some of these have to be stories, caused by an overactive imagination. At the same time, one can never know. With all the tech at WDW, how much of these stories are actually the tech and how much really ghosts?
    If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!-Cogsworth

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast