World Showcase Restaurants - Help Me Choose .

View Poll Results: World Showcase Restaurants - Help me Choose

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mexico - La Hacienda

8 40.00%
  • China - Nine Dragons

4 20.00%
  • Italy - Via Napoli

3 15.00%
  • Italy - Tutto Italia

4 20.00%
  • Japan - Tokyo Dining

2 10.00%
  • France - Chefs de France

4 20.00%
  • UK - Rose and Crown

6 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

World Showcase Restaurants - Help Me Choose .

Please help me choose where to eat in Epcot World Showcase . You can select more than one .
    I've only selected those places where I like the menu , and the reason I haven't put Le Cellier is it looks too dark , not keen on cellars
    We've eaten before in Chefs de France and Rose and Crown , had good meals at both , but wondered if should stick to them or if you could recommend another .
    Last edited by RachaelK; 02-02-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Re: World Showcase Restaurants - Help Me Choose .

I picked Rose and Crown because it's the only one on your list that we've eaten at (I love the fish and chips). We also loved the Biergaten (spelling?) in the Germany pavilion but that isn't on your list. lol
    Sent from my magical iPad
    Wilderness Lodge August 2006
    All-Star Movies August 2010
    All-Star Movies December 2012

Re: World Showcase Restaurants - Help Me Choose .

I chose La Hacienda. Make sure your reservation is for around 30 minutes before IllumiNations. Try to get a window seat. I really liked the appetizer and main course that I had, but the desserts weren't spectacular. The restaurant is beautiful and the view is the best!

Nine Dragons is not that good. And I preferred Chefs de France as a lunch restaurant. I've been there for lunch and dinner.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Our family loves Ocktoberfest in Germany. It's a very nice buffet of authentic German food. Also has a nice German Stage Show performed by the Misikcanten. The beer is good too.

We are going in a few weeks and are doing Norway for breakfast (great place to see princesses and the good is really yummy), Le cellier for lunch ( I know you said you don't like celliers but the food is amazing) and teppon edo (sp?) for dinner. I know it seems like a lot but our reservations are all six hours apart. And ending the night with sushi while watching illuminations seemed like a great idea!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

Fort Wilderness: 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1996, 1997
    All Star Music: 2006, 2009, 2010,
    Wilderness Lodge: 2012
    POP Century: Fall of 2015

From the list I would pick Mexico and china. I haven't been yet to those restaurants but I would chose them next because they're my favorite type of food.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Rose and crown for sure! If you don't want to sit inside for a full meal you can get fish and chips with a pint outside the actual restaurant. It is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by darthchef79
    Rose and crown for sure! If you don't want to sit inside for a full meal you can get fish and chips with a pint outside the actual restaurant. It is amazing
    I'm going to have to try those fish and chips!!! Bet they're not as good as the ones sold in Yorkshire!!! 8;0) XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Rawlybabe

I'm going to have to try those fish and chips!!! Bet they're not as good as the ones sold in Yorkshire!!! 8;0) XXX
    I've had the best fish and chips of my life there - and some really bad ones too. It seems to depend when the change the oil.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Rawlybabe

You don't have to go to Rose and Crown for fish and chips. There is a Fish and Chips shack next door called...wait for it...Yorkshire Fish and Chips! It's a great meal, I eat there every trip.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg

You don't have to go to Rose and Crown for fish and chips. There is a Fish and Chips shack next door called...wait for it...Yorkshire Fish and Chips! It's a great meal, I eat there every trip.
    I'll give those a go!!! 8:0) XXX

I always book a few standards that we like and a few new ones. We like the Biergarten in Germany not for the food, but because it's a fun atmosphere. I don't care much for German food, my husband loves it, but we always have a good time when we're there. We love to watch the band play and sway along with our mugs. However, there are long tables everywhere and you'll be seated with people you don't know. We never had a problem with that, but some are turned off by dining next to strangers.
    We ate dinner at Via Napoli and liked it. Our kids got pizza and they wouldn't eat it because it "had weird cheese" but it was real mozzarella. I tasted it and thought it was great. Hubby liked it too. We both had dinners and liked them but for the life of me I can't remember what we ordered!
    My friends loved Teppan Edo in Japan, and I wanted to try it but didn't think my kids would eat anything (they're young and still a little picky.) But if you like the hibachi grill, that may be a fun choice. Good luck!

Le Cellier is a great Resturant. My wife and I ate there in our last trip and the whole experience was wonderful.