Dinner for my daughter

Dinner for my daughter

My wife and I are taking our 3 year old to Disneyland in June and want to take her to her first character meal. My wife and I have done Blue Bayou and Ralph Brennan's before but never one of the eateries with character dining. Can anyone recommend the best as far as interaction, food and value are concerned (although I know everywhere is approximately the same price it seems).

Re: Dinner for my daughter

We've done most of the character dining experiences now but our favourite is still Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House. I realise you're looking for a place for dinner but I would recommend doing the character breakfast and doing something else for dinner. We've found that at Tusker House the children can really get involved dancing around with Mickey and Crew, etc. The characters all make it round every table and we always get great photos. The breakfast buffet also has a fab selection. So much so that we always stuff ourselves silly and can't manage lunch lol
    If you can dream it you can do it.....

Think they were asking for places in Disneyland, CA, not at WDW. I haven't done any of the character meals, but there used to be one just inside Adventureland kinda next to the Jungle Boat cruise that I think features Aladdin and Jasmine plus others. I also believe there is another one in Cal Adventure at Ariel's Grotto which obviously would feature Ariel, but I think other princesses as well. This is just what I can remember off the top of my head. Hit this link and you can find out more...
    Dining & Restaurants | Disneyland Resort

Ah now I see. Obviously didn't read your posting properly brando72. Sorry! Can't help with CA as I've never been lucky enough to visit. Sure one of our other TD friends will have a great suggestion.
    If you can dream it you can do it.....

Sorry I don't know much about CA so I cna't help either.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

My favorite character breakfasts are at the Plaza Inn at the end of Main Street or the character breakfasting the Grand Californian Hotel. So much fun and awesome food!

Elgin, IL (a suburb about 40 miles outside Chicago)
    We went last year with our DD3, we did the breakfast at storytellers at the grand Californian. The food was good and the character interaction was wonderful. The characters we met were chip and dale, rafiki from lion king, meeko from Pocahontas, and Baer bear from song of the south.
    ** If you can DREAM it, you can DO it. - Walt Disney **

I haven't been to a character meal in a while, but I loved Goofy's Kitchen when I was younger. My whole family went during a family reunion and we had kids between 2 and 12, and adults, and everyone loved it. I remember the characters coming up to us and we got some cute pictures of character interactions with the kids and the adults. If I remember correctly, we also got autographs. I liked the food when I was 5 or 6 and I'm a picky eater. However, I think some of the adults saw it as paying for the character interaction, not the food.
    Grew up going to Disneyland and Disney passes for over 6 years. Currently planning my first trip to WDW

Quote Originally Posted by brando72
    My wife and I are taking our 3 year old to Disneyland in June and want to take her to her first character meal. My wife and I have done Blue Bayou and Ralph Brennan's before but never one of the eateries with character dining. Can anyone recommend the best as far as interaction, food and value are concerned (although I know everywhere is approximately the same price it seems).
    I know this post is late, but hopefully it will help for next time. I would recommend Goofy's Kitchen definitely, great food selection for both adults and kiddos plus fun interaction with the characters themselves!!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Disney addict for life