Disney blues :-(
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Disney blues :-(

Hello I have really bad Disney blues :-( I've been looking at all the Disney parks and even the cruises for a cheap trip but as we're trying to move house we can't afford it. Anyone have any ideas how to shake this cloud from over me . Ps don't feel too sad for me tho I was in WDW for 3 weeks back in oct. HELP x

Re: Disney blues :-(

we usually just watch disney moves and look and pictures of our last trip and write down things we want to do or places we want to eat in a notebook for next trip!
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

That's a good idea this site is helping me find out about places and things I had no idea about so may start the notebook thing :-) thanks x

if i cant afford a trip this year, i just start planning for the following year. We are planning for 2013 right now!

sorry, but other than planning a trip, nothing helps me not be sad
    Last edited by lillisa1231; 02-08-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2014 - Planning!
    2013 BCV - 2011 SSR/DisneyDream
    2010 FWC
    2009 OKW - 2006 Pop - 2005 OKW
    2004 CSR- 2003 POR
    2002 Carribbean Beach - 2000 Coronado
    1998 CBR - 1996 CBR - 1994 DL - 1991 PO

Quote Originally Posted by lillisa1231
    if i cant afford a trip this year, i just start planning for the following year. We are planning for 2013 right now!

sorry, but other than planning a trip, nothing helps me not be sad
    I agree! Having a trip booked (even over a year away) is the only way to turn your blues a magical happy colour! 8:0) XXX

Sent from my MAGICAL communication device  XXX

Post vacation blues

Ok so our last trip to Disneyland was in June of 2011, and we won't be going again
    Until June 2013 :0( I miss Disneyland alot and I believe it's a case of " post vacation blues "
    Cure.... A 2 week Disneyland vacay!! Ahhhhh I can't wait!!!

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney
    Disney addict for life

Re: Post vacation blues

Countdown the days!
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

I definitely am...I have a countdown app on my iPad!!

Disney addict for life

Re: Post vacation blues

At least you can actually start planning. You re only a year out. I have to wait until 2015! Its like torture for me but we just did some renovations in and outside of our house and hubby is going back to school to finish his degree so we will be tight with money for a few years. Ahh well I guess talkdisney will have to do from now till then!
    Animal Kingdom Lodge September, 2001
    Animal Kingdom Lodge August, 2009
    Carribean Beach Resort October, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by minniemom
    At least you can actually start planning. You re only a year out. I have to wait until 2015! Its like torture for me but we just did some renovations in and outside of our house and hubby is going back to school to finish his degree so we will be tight with money for a few years. Ahh well I guess talkdisney will have to do from now till then!
    I feel for you definitely and yes thank God for TD!! It's definitely the go to site for a Disney fix!!

Disney addict for life

I do understand the blues about it. But, in some ways it's a good thing. It means while you are there you appreciate it all the more.

Many people I talk to seem to think Disney is like a chore...something you drag the kids to.

To them, I bite my thumb, and declare loudly "You don't get it, good sir! Disney is like a fine wine, not a cheap beer! It's meant to be savored and sipped, not guzzled and rushed! It's like a wonderful banana split! You have to eat it slowly, to enjoy the texture and flavours! If you eat it too quickly, you will get a brain freeze!"
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg
    I do understand the blues about it. But, in some ways it's a good thing. It means while you are there you appreciate it all the more.

Many people I talk to seem to think Disney is like a chore...something you drag the kids to.

To them, I bite my thumb, and declare loudly "You don't get it, good sir! Disney is like a fine wine, not a cheap beer! It's meant to be savored and sipped, not guzzled and rushed! It's like a wonderful banana split! You have to eat it slowly, to enjoy the texture and flavours! If you eat it too quickly, you will get a brain freeze!"
    I love this :-)

Disney depression...

I know this is probably going to sound like a proper strange subject...

But basically I went to WDW in September... I'm 18 years old and I've wanted to go my entire life, and it was the best two weeks of my life so far, so much better than I ever imagined as a child.

But or the past three months since I've been back I've been really depressed... Like really. I live in the uk so it costs thousands to go back... Which I don't have so whether ill ever go back I have no idea! I eat sleep and dream disney. I've cried and everything and can't enjoy anything because its just not as amazing as wdw. Went watching the lion king the musical on Thursday, and got upset because it reminded me of animal kingdom!

Just wondered if its just me? And if there is anyone else how did you get over it?

xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

Re: Disney depression...

Quote Originally Posted by racheyyyx View Post
    Just wondered if its just me? And if there is anyone else how did you get over it?
    Nope - it's not just you.

In fact we already have a thread on "Disney Blues" which I've merged your thread into - so you can see you're not alone!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

We have a savings plan that we go budget disney and my plan is every 5 years. Every commercial makes me go aweee

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast