Pins????? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pins?????

Quote Originally Posted by harmony01
    I am going to buy some pins off eBay, but I noticed it said CM can only trade pins that have a copyright on the back. Has anyone had any issues trading pins from eBay?
    I bought about 100 pins from eBay before our January trip and we had no trouble trading!!
    Kristin
    Wife to Jeffrey
    Mom to Jay & Jack

Quote Originally Posted by JeffsPrincess

I bought about 100 pins from eBay before our January trip and we had no trouble trading!!
    Awesome! Thanks.

Your welcome!!
    Kristin
    Wife to Jeffrey
    Mom to Jay & Jack

Re: Pin trading

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    How exactly does pin trading work? Do you just walk up to a CM who is wearing pins and ask them to trade? My daughter wants to start this year but am not sure of it.
    That's pretty much exactly how it works.

My kid has 2 years worth of pins now, and every year we buy a new starter kit and we pick out various pins. I only buy them at the park...I've looked on ebay, but am just too concerned about getting ripped off (or having a headache with the reseller).

I buy the kid a bunch of the cheapest "sets" I can find of pins I know she will like but won't love, and are not very unique (normally Disney Princess, common characters, etc...not the flashy one off pins that are 6 - 7 dollars apiece). These are her "trading" pins.

Sometimes I give those pins away to kids with lanyards and no pins while we are waiting in line for meet and greets. Pin trading is a lot of fun and a great way to spark up a conversation with someone while in line.

Also, I will stress that it is worth the investment of buying the locking pin clasps (they are not expensive, and are sold anywhere the pins are on the parks). The black "mickey" backings really don't hold well, and if the kid (or you) are going to wear the lanyard around the park, it's really not a good idea. You *will* lose a pin. In my daypack I keep a ziplock that I keep the locking backings and "wrench" in as well as black ones (in case someone needs one, as when we trade, we don't give away the locking clasp).
    Last edited by englanddg; 07-12-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg

That's pretty much exactly how it works.

My kid has 2 years worth of pins now, and every year we buy a new starter kit and we pick out various pins. I only buy them at the park...I've looked on ebay, but am just too concerned about getting ripped off (or having a headache with the reseller).

I buy the kid a bunch of the cheapest "sets" I can find of pins I know she will like but won't love, and are not very unique (normally Disney Princess, common characters, etc...not the flashy one off pins that are 6 - 7 dollars apiece). These are her "trading" pins.

Sometimes I give those pins away to kids with lanyards and no pins while we are waiting in line for meet and greets. Pin trading is a lot of fun and a great way to spark up a conversation with someone while in line.

Also, I will stress that it is worth the investment of buying the locking pin clasps (they are not expensive, and are sold anywhere the pins are on the parks). The black "mickey" backings really don't hold well, and if the kid (or you) are going to wear the lanyard around the park, it's really not a good idea. You *will* lose a pin. In my daypack I keep a ziplock that I keep the locking backings and "wrench" in as well as black ones (in case someone needs one, as when we trade, we don't give away the locking clasp).
    I agree with you about the locking backs we learned this year that the black ones don't hold so great as we lost several. We eventually took the special ones we had traded for off the lanyard and just had the traders, and when they traded for one they wanted to keep we put it in our pack.
    Kristin
    Wife to Jeffrey
    Mom to Jay & Jack

Quote Originally Posted by JeffsPrincess

I agree with you about the locking backs we learned this year that the black ones don't hold so great as we lost several. We eventually took the special ones we had traded for off the lanyard and just had the traders, and when they traded for one they wanted to keep we put it in our pack.
    locking backs are a for sure must. I agree with you there. I depend on them XD I can't lose my precious pins!

Quote Originally Posted by harmony01
    I am going to buy some pins off eBay, but I noticed it said CM can only trade pins that have a copyright on the back. Has anyone had any issues trading pins from eBay?
    I've never had any issues with my eBay pins. Just make sure you buy them from a seller with great feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by That's So Raven

I've never had any issues with my eBay pins. Just make sure you buy them from a seller with great feedback.
    I agree, I bought about 100 and they were all fine. I think you just want to check the sellers feedback and others auctions also see their completed listings and see what they have sold. Also I only by lots with pictures of the actual pins I'm getting not a "stock" photo, but I do that with everything I buy on eBay, it's a good golden rule.
    Kristin
    Wife to Jeffrey
    Mom to Jay & Jack

I bought them last night, he has great reviews, only one neutral, but he exchanged for them so in my eyes it should be a pos since he corrected it......anywho I am excited. They are going to be put out in the room from Mickey to get him started on his BIG vacation!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12