Disney weddings

Thread: Disney weddings

Disney weddings

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone has gotten married in Disney and what kind of experience was it? I'm kinda too young to get married but I would love to get married in Disney !

Re: Disney weddings

My brother got married on a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas and it was a fun experience. They didn't want to give up the day we were at Disney's private island Castaway Cay so they did the onboard wedding the day before. I have so many suggestions to anyone planning on doing a DCL wedding. So when the time comes and you are interested in a Disney Cruise wedding, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by dsyplanninmomma
    My brother got married on a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas and it was a fun experience. They didn't want to give up the day we were at Disney's private island Castaway Cay so they did the onboard wedding the day before. I have so many suggestions to anyone planning on doing a DCL wedding. So when the time comes and you are interested in a Disney Cruise wedding, let me know!
    That's an awesome idea too! Thanks!

I am getting married at the boardwalk seabreeze point August 3. So I know things with the planning part but can give more info in 173 days! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

I would love to do something like that but it seems it is so expensive!
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

The wedding I'm having is affordable. The wedding that I had wAnted here was 7000 now the honeymoon and wedding will be less than that around 6000. It is worth it since its been my dream since I was little and now it's coming true!

yeah thats not bad the one that i saw where you get married over at the chapel was like 30k plus
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymommyx2
    yeah thats not bad the one that i saw where you get married over at the chapel was like 30k plus
    It depends on the level of wedding. The more people the more money. I could have gone with the wedding pavilion and spent the same but I wanted to get married on the water and outside so I opted for the boardwalk. The next level of wedding from ours is wishes then platinum which start at 30k. Too much for us so we are keeping it small yet still fulfilling our dream.

is there a long waitlist to getting married there? I would have under 10 people all family I wanted there.

is there a long waitlist to getting married there? I would have under 10 people all family I wanted there.
    No.. I called in November and asked a out the date but had to wait until I was nine months out to book and when I called back in january every time slot on my day was still available and nothing had been booked. It is an easy phone call and no wait list involved, :-)

It probably will depend when you want to get married. Certain times of the year are busier than others, not sure if there is ever a wait list though.
    I worked at The Grand in Fall of 2005 and it seemed like October and November I saw quite a few weddings going on. But that probably changes from year to year. I would just call at the 9 month mark to make sure you get what you want

awesome thanks everyone for sharing all the great info!