Pop Century is the best - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaJC
    We are going this November. We were told that Pop has their own bus and doesn't share with other resorts. Could you help me on this question please?
    Yes that is true. Pop and AOA has there own buses. Unlike All start music, movie and sports.
    -Coach Alec S

Re: Pop Century is the best

This is where we usually stay as well. I am there for the parks not to spend my day in a hotel so PC works just fine for us.

- - - Updated - - -

yup they have their own bus
    DISNEYDUDE47 "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Yes Pop Century has there own bus I've stayed there 2X's and then the more expensive resorts many times and honestly I LOVE Pop Century!

That is definitely a plus about pop, their own bus. Only problem is that at dtd and I think most parks, the pop bus stop is the farthest one. After a long day with 2 kids and a stroller sometimes it can be a little far. Other than that having your own bus is a lot better.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

One of the best things about the Pop is the bus. You have only one stop and don't share with any other resorts. People paying big bucks at the MK deluxe resorts don't even get their own bus! They share, and usually end up standing. I have no complaints and love staying there. Also love the Polynesian.

11 days and we leave to head that way. 13 days and we check into POP! This will be our first stay atPOP. We have stayed at All Star Sports and Music. Excited about having our own bus!

You will have fun. Dont forget to walk over to AoA and check it out! Also, their food court is far superior.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

I am going to be staying at POP for my second time in September. Last time I had a preferred room, but I am getting a standard room and would like to request the 50's building. Any recommendations on when and how to request this?
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote Originally Posted by vanessprincess View Post
    I am going to be staying at POP for my second time in September. Last time I had a preferred room, but I am getting a standard room and would like to request the 50's building. Any recommendations on when and how to request this?
    Request as soon as possible. Give the hotel a call today and ask them to make note on your reservation that you would like to request the 50's building. Also, a few days before you check-in at the resort, call the front desk and verify that you have requested a room in the 50's building and will be checking-in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Quote Originally Posted by HannahLeigh View Post
    Request as soon as possible. Give the hotel a call today and ask them to make note on your reservation that you would like to request the 50's building. Also, a few days before you check-in at the resort, call the front desk and verify that you have requested a room in the 50's building and will be checking-in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Thank you! I just called the resort and put in my request! I also requested a King Bed room. Can't wait to stay here again!
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote Originally Posted by vanessprincess View Post

Thank you! I just called the resort and put in my request! I also requested a King Bed room. Can't wait to stay here again!
    It definitely helps to call ahead. Especially for the bigger resorts like cb where some locations are definitely better than others. Enjoy it!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

Is it a long walk from pop to art of animation?

Pop Century is such a great resort! We have gone to Disney World quite a few times and we stayed at that resort every time except once. And during that one time we were never as satisfied as when we were at Pop Century. It really is a really nice resort!

Pop Century was my favorite Value Resort until Art of Animation opened. I love it because the bus stops only at one spot in the resort unlike most of the others and doesn't go to any other resorts. I love that one of the pools is open 24/7 and you can walk across to AoA to eat if you like. I think AoA is much nicer and if they were the same price I would pick AoA since it has it's own bus as well. Also it is about the same distance to all the parks from Pop Century where some are closer to one park but further from others. Overall the rooms are clean and it is a great value.

We are staying at pop for the first time. Is there anywhere specific to stay to be closer to the food court and buses? And how far of a walk is it to AOA?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast