Pop Century is the best - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dizneygerl623 View Post
    We are staying at pop for the first time. Is there anywhere specific to stay to be closer to the food court and buses? And how far of a walk is it to AOA?
    The 60s area is the closest. It is situated around the flower power pool and about a minute or less walk to food court/buses. The walk is across a short bridge. I'd say less than 5 minutes! Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Laur

Thank you for your help!! So excited as we've only stayed at CBR and ALS. I can go exploring when we have down time from the parks!

I am at Pop Century for the first time right now. 60's building is so close to the main one. Would certainly stay here again over the All Stars. Food court is nothing special .

Pop is great we've stayed 3 times and never had a problem
    We looked at other places and always come back to Pop
    When you are sleeping, showering and swimming after a long day, why pay more?

We walked over and checked out Art of Animation, looks great
    nice walk across the bridge - 5 minutes

We'll be back at Pop Sept of 2014

Honestly after staying at all star movies, I was wishing I was back at POP! We want to try moderates from not on but I swear by pop century

Laur

Quote Originally Posted by luckypig51 View Post
    I am at Pop Century for the first time right now. 60's building is so close to the main one. Would certainly stay here again over the All Stars. Food court is nothing special .
    Food court at All Stars or Pop is nothing special?

Okay guys. I looked up this thread cause I need to hear some good things about Pop. We come to Disney every year and have ALWAYS stayed at Movies in the Toy Story section cause we are die hard Buzz and Woody fans. Well, we wanted to come for the free dining in Nov and once it came out they were inundated with calls and by the time I got through, Movies were all booked up! :-( So I got Pop instead. What are the pluses and minuses if this resort vs ASMo?

Ok pop has great grounds to stroll around. It has a great bar. it has the connection to AoA. A great arcade. A great lobby. A big fod court. It has the nice bridge/ lake area to relax by. Try to stay in the 50 s section because its close to quiet pool, parking, lobby and lake. I love pop!
    Hope you have a magical stay!
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Re: Pop Century is the best

Pop Century is great! It was my first Disney resort. Just beware of the big tour groups. They tend to take the place over during their stay and it can be tough to sleep with all the unsupervised activity that can sometimes go on very late into the night. They generally come in January and July. With that being said, I love Pop!! Great resort at a great price! It warms my heart just thinking about it.

Thanks guys! This makes me feel much better! :-)

Staying at pop for first time in November Last time at WDW I stayed at French quarter was nervous about pop but I'm feeling a little better about my decision after reading everyone's comments.

My biggest problem with asm was the busses, pop only has one stop and doesn't share it with any resort. I like the pool at pop better and the music is so much fun.

Laur

Sorry, the food court at Pop is nothing special. I liked this resort enough to book another stay in Oct. Have stayed at All Stars several times and POP gets my vote.

Sorry, the food court at Pop is nothing special. I liked this resort enough to book another stay in Oct. Have stayed at All Stars several times and POP gets my vote.
    Ok. I guess it goes beyond just the rooms and all that other stuff for us. We've stayed at Movies every year for the last 8 years and it really is home. We know the Chefs, the Managers and CM's all know us and wait for our arrival at the same time every year, and they always have special things delivered to our room for my DD's birthdays including characters that they know the girls love. We even know the cleaning people! Lol! It's that personal connection that I'm going to miss. But hey, we can still go see them, and there's always next year, Lord willing. RIGHT?????

Which park is Pop closest to?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast