Quote Originally Posted by franluvsbubba View Post

Which park is Pop closest to?
    Epcot is the cloest park
    -Coach Alec S

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps View Post

Epcot is the cloest park
    Thanks! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

It is closest to Epcot but of the Value resorts it and AofA are the most central to all the parks. The bus service is by far better than most other resorts to all three parks. Regarding the food court you can always walk over the bridge and eat at AofA. Especially now that the mugs can be used at any resort.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyBill View Post
    It is closest to Epcot but of the Value resorts it and AofA are the most central to all the parks. The bus service is by far better than most other resorts to all three parks. Regarding the food court you can always walk over the bridge and eat at AofA. Especially now that the mugs can be used at any resort.
    Great info! As far as the mugs goes, I always used mine everywhere I could refill. Naughty of me, I know. Lol :-D

We had a Seize the Deal for POP here in Louisiana! I think it was 3 nights/4 days, and it ended up being $83/night! We were already booked at AS Movie, and it would have been too much to change it, but it was a good deal!

Re: Pop Century is the best

I stayed at POP when we took our daughter for the first time to WDW. She was 3 and enjoyed it. I thought POP to be an excellent value. I loved the food court and having there own buses was extra nice. I did not mind the walk (stayed in the 80's) and I have recommended it to friends looking for a value resort and when they returned they also had many nice things to say.

I love POP! the biggest benefit to me is that they have their own designated bus stop! the ALl Stars share buses, depending on the season, and you might have to go though all of the others before you reach your stop! now that AofA is open and they have their own bus stop, transportation has gotten much more efficient at WDW!!

Some one was talking about POP, on here, and they said that POP has trails and a lake. That's awesome, as I'm an avid trail runner. Does anyone know approx how many miles they are? Is it dirt or concrete? Getting more and more excited about POP, although Movies will always be home for us. One trip won't kill me, right?????

The trails are concrete very nice. There is a site runningatdisney.com over on the right in the blue box under RAD Info click Disney Running Trails then it gives a list of resorts with running trails click on Pop Century and it has a map and miles for a couple options.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyBill View Post
    The trails are concrete very nice. There is a site runningatdisney.com over on the right in the blue box under RAD Info click Disney Running Trails then it gives a list of resorts with running trails click on Pop Century and it has a map and miles for a couple options.
    Thanks BadBoy.

Just booked my preferred room for romantic birthday get away! I'm glad I've read all these wonderful things about pop! Hopefully I get a close building!

Can anyone tell me if there are bathrooms and SHOWERS at the main pool at POP or at quiet pools? We are arriving by train early and probably won't have a room ready.
    2014 - Planning!
    2013 BCV - 2011 SSR/DisneyDream
    2010 FWC
    2009 OKW - 2006 Pop - 2005 OKW
    2004 CSR- 2003 POR
    2002 Carribbean Beach - 2000 Coronado
    1998 CBR - 1996 CBR - 1994 DL - 1991 PO

Quote Originally Posted by lillisa1231 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there are bathrooms and SHOWERS at the main pool at POP or at quiet pools? We are arriving by train early and probably won't have a room ready.
    i don't believe there are ahowers but I think there are bathrooms

Quote Originally Posted by katie684 View Post
    i don't believe there are ahowers but I think there are bathrooms
    Thanks. Going to have to figure something else out
    2014 - Planning!
    2013 BCV - 2011 SSR/DisneyDream
    2010 FWC
    2009 OKW - 2006 Pop - 2005 OKW
    2004 CSR- 2003 POR
    2002 Carribbean Beach - 2000 Coronado
    1998 CBR - 1996 CBR - 1994 DL - 1991 PO

Re: Pop Century is the best

Quote Originally Posted by lillisa1231 View Post
    Thanks. Going to have to figure something else out
    The resort hotels (including Pop) are quite used to people arriving at all hours of the day / night.

All you have to do is call Disney Reservations and tell them your expected arrival time. They'll most likely have a room ready for you.

Also, don't forget to do the online check in the day prior.

If you are truly concerned, it certainly wouldn't hurt to call the hotel front desk a few days before and a few hours before your arrival to be sure they are fully aware when you are arriving and confirm they have a room available (they most likely will).

The Front Desk phone number is:

B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast