Strollers? What kind? Rent or not?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strollers? What kind? Rent or not?

Hi everyone,

We are gong to Disney in 97 days when my youngest son will be 19 months. We also have a 13 & 11 yr old. The oldest 2 were not this small the previous times we went so a stroller in the parks is new to us. We were going to take one from home so we have it in the airport. We are having a hard time deciding what type of stroller to take. We have a nice umbrella stroller but it doesn't recline flat and I know he will be taking naps. We also have a big stroller-one from a travel system. We like it because it has a tray for him and lots of storage but it's big/heavy and bulky.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good light-weight umbrella type stroller that reclines flat? Something light and easy to fold for the buses? How important is a tray? I thought it would be nice to have it for his cups and snacks.

Thanks,

Debbie.

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney

There are several places around Orlando that rent strollers. One place that I know of that's reliable is Walker Mobility. They'll deliver it to your Disney resort. I think strollers are about $10 a day.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Re: Strollers? What kind? Rent or not?

Not sure though if the strollers you rent there recline or not I have not seen one that does one thing when we took my neice last year who was 14 months at the time we wish we would hae had was her bigger bulker stroller we rented from Disney and I would say to you don't to that they are hard plastic and not very comfy for the kiddos
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

I rented a stroller from Magic Strollers - it was a City Mini Stroller - delivered straight to the hotel - very easy and the stroller was great.

Quote Originally Posted by j4crew
    Hi everyone,

We are gong to Disney in 97 days when my youngest son will be 19 months. We also have a 13 & 11 yr old. The oldest 2 were not this small the previous times we went so a stroller in the parks is new to us. We were going to take one from home so we have it in the airport. We are having a hard time deciding what type of stroller to take. We have a nice umbrella stroller but it doesn't recline flat and I know he will be taking naps. We also have a big stroller-one from a travel system. We like it because it has a tray for him and lots of storage but it's big/heavy and bulky.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good light-weight umbrella type stroller that reclines flat? Something light and easy to fold for the buses? How important is a tray? I thought it would be nice to have it for his cups and snacks.

Thanks,

Debbie.

Most rented strollers or maybe all aren't umbrella. If you want something that can fold into an umbrella you'll have to buy one. Also the only one that I can think of that gets fairly flat for reclining is the one sold by toysrus that's a side by side. Its called the ripple but I had to return it 3 times due to several different problems. I ended up buying the delta lx side by side which is available on Amazon or Walmart.
    If you don't want to buy and want to save money I recommend magicstrollers.com. The double stroller cost $25 for 1st day and $9 every day after that. Its not umbrella but it's decent and smaller than full sized strollers. They also have loss/theft Insurance just in case. They will even deliver to most hotels and resorts in Orlando. Plus they'll pick it up at end of your trip. I would check them out unless you can spend the money on buying a new one and then reselling it.

Sent from my EvO 3D using TalkDisney

I just recently just purchased a stroller made by Jeep for my May trip. I looked at many umbrella type of strollers, and this brand seemed to be small, comfortable, and affordable. It also had a nice tray with a cup holder, a nicely sized sun shade, many pockets for storage, and it did recline quite a bit ( not totally flat, but to a nice resting position). I found it on amazon then ordered it from Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeysfavorite
    I just recently just purchased a stroller made by Jeep for my May trip. I looked at many umbrella type of strollers, and this brand seemed to be small, comfortable, and affordable. It also had a nice tray with a cup holder, a nicely sized sun shade, many pockets for storage, and it did recline quite a bit ( not totally flat, but to a nice resting position). I found it on amazon then ordered it from Walmart.
    This is the one I've used for several trips. I have the double though (I have twins). Even at 6 years old it was still nice to let them ride so they didn't get so tired. It worked out great fir us !
    "To the youngsters of today, I say Believe In The Future ..." - Walt Disney

Michelle

Now the big choice is are you going to buy a double umbrella stroller just for the trip or are you gonna rent one? I guess it all depends on how long your there. Calculate 4 days of rental: $25 first day and $9 after that. That's $61 to rent. Or you can buy an umbrella stroller for about $75 to $95 and either keep it or resell it on craigslist. If it was me I'd buy the umbrella stroller at Walmart, then if for some reason you didn't like it at end of trip take it back to Walmart. Of course if you don't have problems with it it's your choice to return it after using it or keep it. Technically Walmart has a money back guarantee. So either way you have the rental option or the buy option.
    I ended up buying mine on buy.com since Amazon was sold out and kept it for future trips. After my kids grow out of it then I'll resell it. In this economy people are looking to save money and will buy used strollers especially if you take care of them and clean them.
    Good luck on your trip and whatever you decide!

Quote Originally Posted by j4crew
    Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Debbie.

McClarin strollers are great. We have one that has made 2 trips to WDW. They are smaller like the umbrella strollers but do recline and have a sun shield as well as a rain cover and folds with the use of your foot. Pretty nice when you have to board the bus in a hurry.
    Tinker69
    1st WDW Visit 6/2001, ASM 8/2010, ASM 3/2011, CBR 6/2011, 1st DL 10/11, POFQ 3/2012, POR 5/2012, DL 7/12, PC & AOA 10/12, DL 3/13, CSR 6/13, Coming Soon 1st Disney Cruise Dream 10/13 & PC 10/13

I will have a 6 and 7 yr old going in july. I see people saying their kids still ride in a stroller that age. Do they actually fit? I dont know how big these rentals are.

Yes at 6 and 7 my eldest was still in the stroller and she is very tall for her age.
    At 8 I drew the line lol. Pretty late I know but Disney can wear out adults faster than kids sometimes but ya 8 I thought was enough.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

I have yet to go to disney world but have been to Disneyland with my kids a couple times and I personally want my kids to be as comfy as possible in their strollers ESP since I know they'll be napping in it. At Disneyland I brought our side by side double stroller by peg perego aria , it folds up easily and is small enough to go through doors but for Disney world I'm planning to bring our side by side jogger since it will hold more stuff in the bottom, cover them more from the rain/sun, has a bigger tray and seats . It'll be a hassle for getting on and off the busses but everything I'll be in backpacks so easy to take things in and out and from what I figure we are only getting on/off the busses twice a day anyways. It's all sounding good to me, since my cousin went to disneyworld and brought her double stroller which is way yy bigger than mines lol Someone please tell me if my plan is horrible? Lol

Once you get your "routine" of boarding/unboarding you will be fine. One plus you are using a stroller you already know how to use. We rented and it took a day just to get the unfolding down. Have fun.

I dont have a stroller anymore for the boys. They are able to walk usually. But i agree on the comfort for the tired feet. Are the rentals at disney big enough for them? And how does it work if i rent it for the week?
    I mean i have to use the buses so will it work?

Quote Originally Posted by dani12451
    I dont have a stroller anymore for the boys. They are able to walk usually. But i agree on the comfort for the tired feet. Are the rentals at disney big enough for them? And how does it work if i rent it for the week?
    I mean i have to use the buses so will it work?
    Just remember its cheaper and more convenient to rent the stroller outside of Disney. It can even be taken to your hotel or resort. The stroller company is on the site mousesavers.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast