Strollers? What kind? Rent or not? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My first trip with my kids, (they were 2 & 3) we took a jeep side by side umbrella. It was great and only costed about $100. It didn't recline completely flat but enough that they could rest in it. It also folded small enough that it wasn't a big hassle on the buses. Some people with bigger ones had trouble on the full buses. Plus taking it with us, we were able to use it in the airport which was a major plus.

This last time (4 & 5) we didn't take a stroller. We did fine until the last full day at Epcot. We ended up renting a stroller at the park just because the kids were very worn out after a week and Epcot is a lot of walking.
    SAHM to 3 wonderful kiddos (7, 6, and almost 1)
    WDW-POFQ Sept '09
    WDW-POFQ Sept '11

Future Trips:
    WDW-Dec '13
    Disneyland-Hopefully one of these days!

I myself bought an umbrella side by side. They are lightweight, really easy to carry when folded and they are still pretty maneuverable. I ended with the delta lx. You can get it at Walmart or order it on Amazon to save around $15. Its very sturdy and has a cup holder and 2 baskets on the back of the seats. It is also one of the only umbrella strollers that has an over the shoulder harness. After we stop using it depending on how I maintain it I can sell it for at least half or more then what I paid.

Sent from my EvO 3D using TalkDisney

Re: Strollers? What kind? Rent or not?

So we are bringing our 7 yr old daugher to Disney at the end of June till July 3rd. She is terrible about walking and always wants to be carried. I was going to buy a cheapie umbrella stroller to bring with us. Is this too old?

Quote Originally Posted by Caro
    So we are bringing our 7 yr old daugher to Disney at the end of June till July 3rd. She is terrible about walking and always wants to be carried. I was going to buy a cheapie umbrella stroller to bring with us. Is this too old?
    How much does she way? Strollers have a weight max. and if the child is over by much it is harder to manuever around. I don't think she is too old, you know her best. If anything you can put your jackets or whatever you have in it when she doesnt need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caro
    At 7 years old, I was walking around Disney and there's no way my parents would have carried
    Me or pushed me in a stroller. That being said, either you tell her to toughen up and walk on her own or give in a bring a stroller. Bc I highly doubt y'all will want to carry her in that heat.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

It is old but my eldest was the same way. Those cheap strollers are hard to push the heavier the kid. In this situation the best thing is rent a single from wdw for the length of your stay to get the small discount or rough it.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Freshee61
    It is old but my eldest was the same way. Those cheap strollers are hard to push the heavier the kid. In this situation the best thing is rent a single from wdw for the length of your stay to get the small discount or rough it.
    Renting may be better for some, but if your going to rent you can save some money by renting from outside Disney, its cheaper and better cleaner strollers. Plus they deliver it to you and pick it up too.

Sent from my EVO 3D using TalkDisney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12