Is the college program the best way to get into disney?

Is the college program the best way to get into disney?

I have been out of school now for 3 years and shortly after I graduated I was all over the disney web site trying to find out how to get into the college program for animals. Sadly when emailing and sending in applications only got me "We are not looking for inters right now. Contact us in a few months." Well did an no one ever got back to me. I was kinda let down, but not deterred. I plan on going back to college soon to expand on my degree and was wondering would have better luck just applying for a regular job at disney or is the college program the way to go?
    All our dreams can come true. IF we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
    1995: Allstar Music
    2000: AllStar Movie
    2002/2004/2006: Disney Double Tree
    2009: Caribbean Beach Resort
    2014: Allstar Music

Re: Is the college program the best way to get into disney?

Quote Originally Posted by OneLilSpark17 View Post
    I have been out of school now for 3 years and shortly after I graduated I was all over the disney web site trying to find out how to get into the college program for animals. Sadly when emailing and sending in applications only got me "We are not looking for inters right now. Contact us in a few months." Well did an no one ever got back to me. I was kinda let down, but not deterred. I plan on going back to college soon to expand on my degree and was wondering would have better luck just applying for a regular job at disney or is the college program the way to go?
    If you are planning to go back to school just make sure you apply for the College Program during your last semester. When you go in to Disney as a CP you have the opportunity for networking sessions (which I believe FT does also), also you can go into a Advance Internship from the CP. Which can get your foot in the door, or at the very least get you talking to people and hope that in the time that you are there the job you are interested in opens up or you even get offered it during either CP or AI. Your pay is going to be lower being a CP, but you don't have to go out looking for housing, plus free transportation to/from work and various other places. I would reccommend the CP to anyone I know that wants to be FT at WDW after graduation. If my DH would have known there was any type of internships at WDW for engineers, he would have done it in a heartbeat and maybe would have a FT job there now. But his school didn't know anything about it..... Other than CP and AI the only other internships I know of are for the summer. Hope this helps!