Question for DVC members

Question for DVC members

Hey DVC members I have a couple of questions for ya if you don't mind.

1.) If we just plan on going to WDW or taking a Disney Cruise is it worth paying the yearly dues and monthly payment or just save and stay at a regular room with the package so we can get the dinning plan included.

2.) Do you get a big discount on tickets or do most just buy a annual pass.

Thanks

No regular ticket discounts. Only discounts on the annual pass.

No free dining plan for DVC members. You always have to pay for it.

My family shares 200 points. We could never do a cruise with those points.

It depends on how many points u can afford to purchase and how often u plan to travel.
    2014 - Planning!
    2013 BCV - 2011 SSR/DisneyDream
    2010 FWC
    2009 OKW - 2006 Pop - 2005 OKW
    2004 CSR- 2003 POR
    2002 Carribbean Beach - 2000 Coronado
    1998 CBR - 1996 CBR - 1994 DL - 1991 PO

No free tickets buy I get 100 off the annual pass. And u get deluxe dining for under 84.00 for adults and 25.00 for children plied 100.00 off your yearly annual pass renewal so u do get great perks. All cruises are inclusive food, drink etc weather u are dvc it not. But dvc members have am annual cruise that is point wise cheaper and only for dvc members. Also in order to use your dvc points for a cruise you lust by your membership from Disney this is a perk you get for not buying others points when they sell. Also for 125 points your dues run around 46.00 per month cheaper then a water bill really.

Also you can bank points and use then the following year we do 2 vacations a year on 125 points it is up to you how u choose to use your points and how many you Dave or spend.
    Last edited by Disneymommyx2; 03-13-2012 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Thanks everyone,

Once we get back on our feet from me being laid off, we will for sure become members.

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney

Re: Question for DVC members

This may be a crazy question and my husband and I are really confused by the point issue. So if someone could clarify this for me.... if I purchase out right with an inheritance a full set of yearly points, what do I pay per room outside of the points???

I may be over thinking this and it may be as easy as you use your points and that is all you pay plus food and tickets or do I use the points and then pay for a room fee on top of that.
    Ugh I know I am over thinking it, but can someone explain... Cause Lucy is very confused!! (in an angry Ricky tone)
    ASMusic 1999
    ASMusic 2000
    ASMovies 2004
    ASMovies 2006

Quote Originally Posted by senacm09
    This may be a crazy question and my husband and I are really confused by the point issue. So if someone could clarify this for me.... if I purchase out right with an inheritance a full set of yearly points, what do I pay per room outside of the points???

I may be over thinking this and it may be as easy as you use your points and that is all you pay plus food and tickets or do I use the points and then pay for a room fee on top of that.
    Ugh I know I am over thinking it, but can someone explain... Cause Lucy is very confused!! (in an angry Ricky tone)
    From what I understand they use the points for their rooms. They stay in the deluxe resorts, not the moderate or value resorts. It's a Disney type time share but they get a little more. They can use the points either for a room at one of the DVC properties or Disney Cruise. From what I understand you basically buy points and the better place or room you want to stay in the more points you have to buy. Then if you want to go to WDW to spend the points for your room which doesn't include the park packages. But DVC members do get a lot of discounts and events. My wife is a cast member for Disney here in Ohio and she gets a employee discount we are going to find out what that is when we go down in December. Hope this helps, I was talking to one of my wife's co workers who is a DVC member.

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney

Correct nothing is different if you pay outright for the time share or if you finance through disney. the only difference is if you buy disney or someone else time share they don't use anymore. then it limits the perks for your membership.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

You do not pay extra for the room but remember first you buy in and then every year you pay dues on the amount of points purchased whether you use your points that year or not. You can bank unused points for one year (example you are not going to use any in 2012 so you "bank" them) now in 2013 you can use your banked points and your current. You can also borrow points from your 2014 points if needed.

I still don't understand how Disney time shares work. Do you really save more money than if you were to use a discount code and reserve the resort yourself separately? The way it seems is you pay yearly dues for a short vacation. What is the best place to get details without being bombarded by a salesperson?

Sent from my EvO 3D using TalkDisney

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymommyx2
    Also for 125 points your dues run around 46.00 per month cheaper then a water bill really.
    I about died when I read that! $46 per month for your WATER bill? My goodness, where do you live?! Our water bill is at most $9/month!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

We love on 10 acres in the midwest we have chickens pets and there are 5 of use as well as the cattle and other animals so our water bill is slightly higher!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa
    I still don't understand how Disney time shares work. Do you really save more money than if you were to use a discount code and reserve the resort yourself separately? The way it seems is you pay yearly dues for a short vacation. What is the best place to get details without being bombarded by a salesperson?

I may have a worksheet - let me look around - do I personally think you save money?.....not sure. This is my opinion though - you get a room that is larger "deluxe" for the price you would pay at a value or moderate.

I think where we save money is that when traveling with my parents or bother/girlfriend and my husband & children we can get a two bedroom villa - we would have needed to pay for two or 3 rooms at value or moderate and with the dues we pretty much broke even. If you are the type of person who only stays at a deluxe then you absolutely save money.

It is nice to have the extra living space when it comes to the one or two bedroom - although like most we only use the room for sleep and resting but with kids they can nap in one room and you be in the other room.

I am sure someone will have a better insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymommyx2
    We love on 10 acres in the midwest we have chickens pets and there are 5 of use as well as the cattle and other animals so our water bill is slightly higher!
    Well that makes a bit more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

We are DVC members.

We looked at this way. We usually stay at values, the rooms at DVC are bigger then values.

The points in the year total are not suppose to change. So as the years go by the value resorts price will go up, but my point value will stay the same. You have to come to terms that you won't get free dinning when you go. But if you plan on going more then once a year and buy the annual pass, you can buy tables in wonderland card and that will give you 20% of the total cost of the bill, but they add the 18% tip to the bill, so you get 2% off the bill. But the DDP does not count for alcohol (if you drink).

We just came back last week and we stayed at Bay Lake Tower. We would have never stayed there had we paid cash for a deluxe hotel.

Hope this helps.

waltham ma. about 12 miles west of boston

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post

hello the length of the vacation depends on the points you purchase, we have 160 points and we always get at least a week in a studio at saratoga springs which is a delux resort, we are not limmited to saratoga but that is our home resort. just to give you an idea a room alone for what we are doing this year 9 days with friends so we are sharing a 2 bedroom and sharing points, would cost just for the room just over $6000, a studio would be around $3000, and we have enough to do the studio by ourselves. after that figure in park passes and air farewhich cost just myself my wife and my son $1900. In my opinion it is well worth it to become members and even though you pay dues and your loan off once you are done it is just the dues for the year which varies from place to place but is much much lower than a room at a top resort. hope this helped