Disney Weddings

Thread: Disney Weddings

Disney Weddings

Has anyone ever had a disney wedding?
    I've checked out their website and can't find the info I need. I'm wondering if they do a small wedding with no guests. Does anyone know? We are from Australia and are travelling to WDW on our 4th trip this September, would like to get married at the world with no guests.
    ---------------------------
    șoș
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

Re: Disney Weddings

Yes they do and someone told me on here resently about getting married on the boardwalk which I don't think was listed on the website also so there are many options available I would say just call them to find out.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Let us know what your findings are! I would love to know more about that.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

I am getting married August 3 at the boardwalk. We are having the escape wedding at seabreeze point. From what I was told when I had my initial phone conference they do have one with just the bride and groom and it is less than the escape wedding package. It is something relatively new so the best thing to do would be to call and ask! :-)

I moved this thread to this section to make it easier for people with an interest in Disney weddings to find.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

I have an interest in this and wondered of anyone can help with suggestions or prices.
    We are definately going to have a Disney wedding as its my gfs dream but I would assume wdw is crazy expensive!!
    So we were thinking of disney cruise line or hong kong disneyland? Basically we want to do it for the cheapest we can

My brother got married on DCL, they added it on to their cruise (4-night Bahamas) and I believe it was $2500 for the couple plus 8 guests. Obviously you have to pay for a cruise too but that's just a bonus. They ended up having like three ceremonies, and two of them anyone could watch. Those had to be done while still at Port Canaveral, so they legally got married that day. But had a formal ceremony another afternoon on the ship with cake and champagne. Here is the Link to the options for DCL Weddings.. Pricing | Disney Cruise Line Weddings

Since I was part of one, I would be more than happy to answer any specific questions you have. I thought it was very nice and could be very simple.

Our entire wedding for 18 guests including everything except the officiant is $4750. It is an awesome deal and it was the way we would have the wedding of my dreams. Any assistance I can be please let me know. I am in the planning part still so I know about those gory details.

we looked into it for our PArents 50th anniversary. There is a planning video available, just give them a call (407-w-disney)
    I'M NOT CRANKY, I JUST LOOK THAT WAY

Quote Originally Posted by hipmickey
    Our entire wedding for 18 guests including everything except the officiant is $4750. It is an awesome deal and it was the way we would have the wedding of my dreams. Any assistance I can be please let me know. I am in the planning part still so I know about those gory details.

Thanks guys that's really helpful it gives me aRough idea of costs.i know we can't afford the prices of wdws wedding pavilion.
    So any ideas of the absolute cheapest it could be done for on the dcl? Say a wedding on a short 4 day cruise on the magic or wonder?
    I just don't want to pay crazy money as we also need visas to get married.
    I wonder do disney do any of the legal side of the marriage??
    It all seems so daunting but it's my gfs dream to have a Disney wedding so I can't let her down.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
    Thanks guys that's really helpful it gives me aRough idea of costs.i know we can't afford the prices of wdws wedding pavilion.
    So any ideas of the absolute cheapest it could be done for on the dcl? Say a wedding on a short 4 day cruise on the magic or wonder?
    I just don't want to pay crazy money as we also need visas to get married.
    I wonder do disney do any of the legal side of the marriage??
    It all seems so daunting but it's my gfs dream to have a Disney wedding so I can't let her down.
    The cheapest DCL wedding would really be based on how much your room costs plus the $2500 for the wedding. You do have to obtain a FL marriage license prior to the sailing, but they do the rest from there (signing and such).
    I looked at Oct 2013 for a 3-night Bahamas cruise for 2 adults it is $1108 and a 4-night is $1438 and that was on the Dream. I think the only other item you would need to purchase is a photo package and I am sure the wedding "team" once you book it will give you the prices. They can only do a certain number of weddings per cruise so that is something you would want to get booked ahead of time once you for sure want to do it. I think a DCL wedding could be so easy to do, not much to worry about except what to wear for the ceremony and inviting friends/family on the cruise. If it wasn't for my grandmother not being able to travel, I think we would have done a DCL wedding :-) Hope this info helps!

Quote Originally Posted by dsyplanninmomma

The cheapest DCL wedding would really be based on how much your room costs plus the $2500 for the wedding. You do have to obtain a FL marriage license prior to the sailing, but they do the rest from there (signing and such).
    I looked at Oct 2013 for a 3-night Bahamas cruise for 2 adults it is $1108 and a 4-night is $1438 and that was on the Dream. I think the only other item you would need to purchase is a photo package and I am sure the wedding "team" once you book it will give you the prices. They can only do a certain number of weddings per cruise so that is something you would want to get booked ahead of time once you for sure want to do it. I think a DCL wedding could be so easy to do, not much to worry about except what to wear for the ceremony and inviting friends/family on the cruise. If it wasn't for my grandmother not being able to travel, I think we would have done a DCL wedding :-) Hope this info helps!

Thank you for the info it's really helpful and i am alittle bit surprised I thought it was more crazy prices!!
    I think we would get a standard room on maybe the magic to keep the cost down.we have an incredible amount to think about plus we need visas from both out countries as we are both from different nations.
    Do Disney help with the paperwork regarding that Florida license? But I thought with it being at sea is it really regarded as the USA??
    Do you know what you get for the $2500?? Hopefully bride n groom Mickey n Minnie??
    We wouldn't be thinking until next yr anyway I don't think