how to get to Florida Mall
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    746

    how to get to Florida Mall

    Hi
    we are staying at Pop Century (no car) and i'm wondering if I can get a bus or something to the Florida Mall. I hear that there is a Kmart and Target close by and would love to take advantage of the great Aussie dollar and do some shopping while in the USA.
    Anyone know the easiest way to get there without a car?
    ---------------------------
    șoș
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

  2. #2

    Re: how to get to Florida Mall

    The only way without a car to get around outside of Disney is taxi or transportation services. The concierge at Pop Century should have names and numbers for this and more than likely would arrange it for you. You can also take a Disney bus to Downtown Disney and then catch a public bus, lynx bus, to the Florida Mall but it would take you a long time with all of the stops. There are plenty of transportation services to help you out. Good Luck.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Miami Fl
    Posts
    5,282
    For cheap reliable service out of Disney to malls and other theme parks lynx public Orlando bus service is very good. You can catch the bus at TTC and downtown Disney.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

    Talk Disney Moderator


    Click here to become a Premium

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    746

    Re: how to get to Florida Mall

    Thanks I looked up the Lynx website, i've used them before to get to Seaworld. But they do have a bus that goes to Florida Mall from TTC. I think i'd rather go to Walmart though and saw that there was a bus that went there also. So I should be able to figure something out. Thank you!!
    ---------------------------
    șoș
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    56
    You don't want to go to The Florida Mall, go to the Millennia Mall, the only thing your gonna get at the Florida Mall is trash and trouble...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    10,183

    Re: how to get to Florida Mall

    Quote Originally Posted by JWWIII View Post
    You don't want to go to The Florida Mall, go to the Millennia Mall, the only thing your gonna get at the Florida Mall is trash and trouble...
    Sorry but I completely disagree. The Mall at Millenia is certainly nicer but the Florida Mall is fine. We go there every trip and never find either trash or trouble.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

    TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    85

    Re: how to get to Florida Mall

    I would recommend the Outlets Malls and Walmart. Walmart has better prices then Target and Kmart and the quality is about the same.I think Walmart is also way closer then Target or Kmart. The Outlets are much closer and one of them is about a mile away from Downtown Disney (vineland ave. premium outlet mall), so a cheap taxi or bus ride on Lynx. Also there is a Walmart is pretty close to that Mall also on Vineland ave.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post

    Sorry but I completely disagree. The Mall at Millenia is certainly nicer but the Florida Mall is fine. We go there every trip and never find either trash or trouble.
    With all do respect, I understand you may go to the Florida Mall every time you take a trip to Florida, but we live here, and have lived here for over 15 years, I do remember when the Florida Mall was a destination for every trip many many years ago, but you don't see what I see on the news daily, or what I see when I drive in that area. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's vacation, just trying to look out for everyone. I wouldn't let my sister or niece go to that area so why would I sit back and not try and help your family as well....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofdis View Post
    I would recommend the Outlets Malls and Walmart. Walmart has better prices then Target and Kmart and the quality is about the same.I think Walmart is also way closer then Target or Kmart. The Outlets are much closer and one of them is about a mile away from Downtown Disney (vineland ave. premium outlet mall), so a cheap taxi or bus ride on Lynx. Also there is a Walmart is pretty close to that Mall also on Vineland ave.
    I totally agree about the Outlets, there are even nicer ones across the street from BasPro Shop at the end of International Drive and the cross street of Oak ridge. They are in a very nice area and have a lot of other stores that you would want to visit as well. Good call on the outlets!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    85

    Re: how to get to Florida Mall

    Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    Sorry but I completely disagree. The Mall at Millenia is certainly nicer but the Florida Mall is fine. We go there every trip and never find either trash or trouble.
    It's very easy to keep your Disney bubble going when you go into Orlando, but I think we should all listen to the locals. Two years ago when we went, a women was pistol whipped and then car jacked at 3 in the afternoon in the parking lot of the TJ Maxx that we go to every year. We thought it was a nice area and never would have thought about something like this happening. I also go to the Florida Mall every visit but we have a car and try to be aware of our surroundings. I would never go on the bus especially with all your packages. Unfortunately Orlando has a high crime rate and a lot of poverty, who wants to ruin a vacation by being a victim of a crime. Just my opinion, but I find people don't really think about this things when they go to Disney.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    10,183
    Sorry - let me clarify....

    When I said Florida Mall is ok I meant the shops, not the security or safety of the surrounding area. For a shopping experience, I find Florida Mall a lot more "normal" than the more exclusive (and expensive!) Mall at Millenia - although Mall at Millenia seems to be becoming more down to earth as the years go by.

    As for safety, we've been going to Orlando for years - since the days when UK travel agents warned you not to go walking on International Drive from late afternoon onwards. We're still always very aware of our surroundings.

    We'll still go to Florida Mall but we'll always be careful - and we always drive. It's an interesting point you make about the busses - maybe renting a car or taking a taxi would always be a safer option for people wishing to go there.

    Sadly, incidents like the pistol whipping car theft happen. I lived and worked in London for years (and not the nicer parts the tourists see!) so I've seen plenty of that kind of stuff. I've been in Vegas for a week during which three separate murders occurred on The Strip. I've heard countless horror stories about New York (while we've been there) but love the place and return regularly. Believe me, I have no "Disney Bubble" in Orlando or anywhere I visit!

    Shopping malls are huge public places which are very popular - if they were some kind of a ghetto to be avoided at all costs, they'd be deserted. While it's a very good thing to suggest caution (which I'd always do with regard to any unfamiliar place) and local knowledge is always welcome, I think it can also scare people, perhaps unduly. My opinion is be careful when visiting, don't do anything daft but don't be scared off by horror stories.

    Thanks for the heads-up!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

    TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    Sorry - let me clarify....

    When I said Florida Mall is ok I meant the shops, not the security or safety of the surrounding area. For a shopping experience, I find Florida Mall a lot more "normal" than the more exclusive (and expensive!) Mall at Millenia - although Mall at Millenia seems to be becoming more down to earth as the years go by.

    As for safety, we've been going to Orlando for years - since the days when UK travel agents warned you not to go walking on International Drive from late afternoon onwards. We're still always very aware of our surroundings.

    We'll still go to Florida Mall but we'll always be careful - and we always drive. It's an interesting point you make about the busses - maybe renting a car or taking a taxi would always be a safer option for people wishing to go there.

    Sadly, incidents like the pistol whipping car theft happen. I lived and worked in London for years (and not the nicer parts the tourists see!) so I've seen plenty of that kind of stuff. I've been in Vegas for a week during which three separate murders occurred on The Strip. I've heard countless horror stories about New York (while we've been there) but love the place and return regularly. Believe me, I have no "Disney Bubble" in Orlando or anywhere I visit!

    Shopping malls are huge public places which are very popular - if they were some kind of a ghetto to be avoided at all costs, they'd be deserted. While it's a very good thing to suggest caution (which I'd always do with regard to any unfamiliar place) and local knowledge is always welcome, I think it can also scare people, perhaps unduly. My opinion is be careful when visiting, don't do anything daft but don't be scared off by horror stories.

    Thanks for the heads-up!
    Well said, and very true! I guess maybe I can be a little brash when talking about certain areas and situations due to the fact I've become a little let down when I look at how that whole area from Hunters Creek to North of the Florida Mall on OBT has become. I still remember when I as a kid visiting with family and it was a "place to be and stay". That was a long time ago.....

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2003, 12:13 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2002, 07:57 PM
  3. ESPN's Founder Admits Role In Florida Golf Fraud
    By disneyaholic in forum TD archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2002, 12:48 PM
  4. For Florida residents
    By YensidFan in forum TD archives
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-24-2002, 06:41 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2002, 07:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BACK TO TOP