CP planning question!
    I've read most of what my app would show me in the search about international students doing the cp and I don't find any mention of my question so I figured I'd ask.

I'm currently an international student on a F1 visa studying at a private liberal arts college in central Ohio. I really want to do the WDW CP but my school's off campus study program won't approve it for a full semester and as I'm a double major I can't really afford the time off campus at this point. So one of my american friends and I were debating applying during senior year - this is far in advance seeing as we'll be juniors after the end of this coming week and finals - to do the program straight after graduation. I've read as much as I can get my hands on about international students but I'm still confused...

Would I apply as an international given I'm technically applying from an American college? Also, my F1 is only valid until the end of my senior year, does anybody know if I would have to renew it or if I can just switch to opt? I'm an English and History major but I'm looking seriously at working in the field of PR or something of the like and as such I'm thinking working with people would count as training...

Also, has anybody, american or international, done the semester after you graduate program? If so would you recommend it? What was your favorite part? And your least favorite?

Hope all that makes sense, any advice would be great, thanks!
    Last edited by DisneyMegs; 05-06-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Re: CP planning question!

I can't answer the first part. However, I did my last CP (plus extension CP) after I graduated. I didn't mind it, plus it's a good option for those who can't miss school
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

Thank you for responding! Did you feel the people there who were still in college got more out of it? Also, were both programs housed together or were the already graduated people assigned housing somewhere else? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMegs
    Thank you for responding! Did you feel the people there who were still in college got more out of it? Also, were both programs housed together or were the already graduated people assigned housing somewhere else? Thanks!
    I think both get a lot out of it but if you have already graduated you can go further much sooner within the company. There are classes offered to CPs and it doesn't matter if you are still in college or not you can still take them. Yes, both graduates and undergrads are housed together until you do a professional internship then you would have to find your own housing. I wish I could have gone back after I graduated but my husband got a job in TX. So I actually highly suggest it after you graduate, it's really hard going back to school after working/ living there for 5-6 months.

That makes sense about going back to school... I've already taken a gap year so I know how that is the classes were a part of the CP that really hooked my interest, other than working at disney of course I like that point about going further sooner... At least getting a chance to try working at Disney would be awesome.

It's good to know that everyone in the program would be housed together. Does anybody know if I would have to go in for the international CP or if I could just do the regular one? I couldn't figure out what the difference was, apart from countries that the students are coming from of course, does anybody know of differences? Or where I could find them as I very well might have missed them?

Sorry for all the questions!
    Last edited by DisneyMegs; 05-06-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMegs
    That makes sense about going back to school... I've already taken a gap year so I know how that is the classes were a part of the CP that really hooked my interest, other than working at disney of course I like that point about going further sooner... At least getting a chance to try working at Disney would be awesome.

It's good to know that everyone in the program would be housed together. Does anybody know if I would have to go in for the international CP or if I could just do the regular one? I couldn't figure out what the difference was, apart from countries that the students are coming from of course, does anybody know of differences? Or where I could find them as I very well might have missed them?

Sorry for all the questions!
    I am not sure about the international thing, my suggestion is to find the closest presentation to you. There should be a person there that is an actual cast member that is in charge of campus reps that are CP alumni, they would be the person to talk to. Questions are ok!! You don't have to be sorry :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dsyplanninmomma

I am not sure about the international thing, my suggestion is to find the closest presentation to you. There should be a person there that is an actual cast member that is in charge of campus reps that are CP alumni, they would be the person to talk to. Questions are ok!! You don't have to be sorry :-)
    Thanks another question, seeing as they're okay I can't find any information for when there will be presentations. I went onto the college program website and clicked the presentation tab, and it told me that there were no matches, is there another way to find out? I hadn't even entered a state or anything before it told me that so I'm confused.

Check back regularly. They may not have any this month because students are starting to arrive right now for the Fall Advantage Program. They may not start presentations again until after all the arrivals are done mid-month.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Re: CP planning question!

Okay! I'm definitely jumping the gun then as far as questions are concerned, but I'll make sure to keep checking back for presentations. Thank you all so much for all your help. Do you know if the cast member at a presentation will know the answers about the international stuff or should I call somebody about that?
    Last edited by DisneyMegs; 05-07-2012 at 04:05 PM.