DVC Wait List

Thread: DVC Wait List

DVC Wait List

All but one night at my preferred hotel is available - has anyone wait listed - did you get the reservation ? I am bummed it was fully available on Thursday - should have booked then.

Re: DVC Wait List

The only experience I have with a wait list didn't work out. We had become DVC members right before our trip (31 days out) and didn't get our preferred resort - Bay Lake Tower.

We have booked a stay in January at Bay Lake Tower and I check every couple of days to see if our resort/room still has days available. I found that often days that were booked up are no longer booked up. It changes a lot so if you only need one day then the chances are good. It probably is dependant on resort and time of year so that could complicate things.
    32 visits to WDW. Visits since 2008:
    Jan 2008 - Wilderness Lodge, Sept 2008 - All-Star Music, Jan 2009 - Contemporary Resort & All-Star Sports, Jan 2011 - Polynesian Resort, Sept 2011 - Old Key West, Jan 2013 & Oct 2014 - Bay Lake Tower & Art of Animation, Jan 2015 - Bay Lake Tower, Port Orleans FQ, Villas at the Grand Floridian & Disney's Vero Beach, Jan 2016 - Animal Kingdom Villas, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney's Hilton Head Island

I am sorry I can't help with this info as we have never had to wait list for a resort with the DVC we always book at the 7 or 11 month mark and have never tryed to book later then that and have never been able to do a surprise we are going trip so never has been an issue.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Last year we had the same situation. Nights 1,2,3,5,6,7 were available 4 was not. I booked another room wait listed a two bedroom dedicated Savanna view and got it in two days. It worked for me.

My parents almost always have gotten their waitlist, even around the holidays because they waitlisted early enough. Things happen and people do have to cancel, it just depends on how close to your trip you try to waitlist and the time of the year.
    We just became DVC members and I hope we never have to waitlist as it would make me too nervous waiting.

We have a trip booked in Nov at Saratoga Springs. We could only get 6 nights in a two bedroom the 7th night in a one bedroom. We wait listed the 7th night for a two bedroom. It's Jersey week, last week of Food and Wine, and marathon weekend. Do you think we have a chance? Any ideas how to make a one bedroom work for a family of six? (we could book it because the youngest is 2, but it will be hard)

We always book a one bedroom for our family of 6. Your two year old can sleep in the pack and play in your bedroom. Our youngest is 4 and oldest is 11 and they just sprawl everywhere

Our wait list came through!!!!